Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

Yeah. It's quite good! I love the new direct injection turbo petrols that are out now. VW's 1.8 TSI is one of the best engines ever made.. its soooooooooooo good. The ecosport comes with the 1 liter ecoboost engine thats quite phenomenal. It's great to drive.. got an amazing mid range.. it seems all normal when you're driving.. good power.. awesome mid range, etc. But when you put things in perspective (this engine is smaller than the engines of some santros, in a bloody SUV)... And smaller engine = more fuel efficient. To put things in perspective. The ecoboost 123 BHP from a 1 liter engine. The honda civic engine- A class, world renowned engine, produces 130 BHP from 1.8 liters of displacement.
Nice :nice: I guess it was designed specifically by keeping the Indian road and the way of usage in mind. It's designed and developed in India, (chennai facility).
:cantstop: Golden rule about Indian auto industry - Prices will never ever ever ever ever ever go down.Today if the dollar magically becomes 45 (:woot:), the prices of cars will still remain the same.
:sad:

On a related note, it is quite interesting to see how the car industry is moving in india. The germans are back to what they were so good at doing. Building TANK like cars, and bringing in innovations. The japs still havent come to terms with the direct injection turbo petrols that Merc, BMW, Audi, VW, etc are turning out. This is the future! small dispacement engines, turbocharged to give you the power of a big engine and the effiecieny of a smaller unit. Not one jap has got a turbo petrol in India!
Not just engines, the japs overall design and interiors also looks very dated. Honda was out of the world when we first saw it, but it's look like a lazy donkey now.
The germans are also killing it in the diesel market. Japs have been very weak in diesel, and car makers like maruti suzuki have been forced to source engines from FIAT to capture the market in small cars (The swift comes with the FIAT engine, also known as the national engine. The same engine is also seen in dzire, indica, vista, indigo, sail, uva, beat, linea, punto, ritz, ertiga, sx4, enjoy, etc.)
Dude, that FIAT engine really good, is literally everywhere, and certainly it's wayy better than the german engines. Even the older Palio engine was very good. They should follow the VW way and bring in their subsideries like *Abarth, *Lancia in the lower end, **Dodge for the midrange, Alfa Romeo & *Maserati for the premium sedans, Chrysler & Jeep SUV's. Guess Jeep already released a car.
On the other hand, hyundai is also killing it with the fluidic designs, good build, good tech in cars, and good service. It's a key player in the game.
Hyundai and Ford are the only one's that challanged Maruthi's monopoly. Their expansions in Chennai has done wonders to them.
The japs have been struggling, toyota's etios is clearly built/engineered to a price, nissan wasnt doing that great, honda was in real bad shape, and its good to see them respond. Honda has come out with an awesome diesel engine in the amaze, and is back with a bang. The amaze is a really good car, they cant meet the demand for it. Toyota is chilling with their innova and fortuner suvs. The etios and liva arent doing that well, coz they look and feel like crap. Who wants a speedo in the center!
+++ Toyota and Honda should do a lot of thinking. they are very much capable to become market leaders.
Nissan has thrown another spanner in the works by launching datsun! Datsun is going to take on the cheap maruti segment.. something that nobody has been close to touching. The alto's and the 800s are going to be countered by the datsun go.. with the super practical interiors and biiiiiiiig space. Really interesting. Now if only the japs could come out with some direct injection turbo petrols!
Datsun Go will certainly challange maruthi and it's a very bad news for Eon. Nissan also should come out of cloning the renaults. The latest clone is the terrano, which is essentially their version of duster.

I've had my eyes set on that one for a while. But why have they made it soooooooooooo big:(( It's almost superb-big. :facepalm: Whyyyyyyy? whats the .
May be it's time for Sedan - SUV, as we already have a hatchback SUV's like X1, Ecosport etcs :giggle: It's gonna be the first MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform vehicle in India. It will be having a massive space inside. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_Octavia#Mk3

^ Congrats!!! :nice: You will need to wash her often. White cars always helps to reduce weight. :giggle:
If he can afford the car,he'll get someone to wash too :dontknow: btw which car is it?:--D

We have City, Manza and Verna. My view on these 3 cars - City = Reliable Japanese sedan but doesn't feel planted above 110kmph. Not a confidence inspiring car. Manza = Feels solid like European car, runs on famous Fiat Quadrajet 90bhp engine, roomiest sedan plus best features in class and very low service bills. Verna = Sleek design, lifeless steering, overpriced. Hyundai after sales is not cheap.

If he can afford the car,he'll get someone to wash too :dontknow: btw which car is it?:--D
No dude.. nothing comes like washing our own car.. may be once in a week, he can take it to automatic car wash.. its VW Polo Comfortline.. Look at the 3rd picture

We have City, Manza and Verna. My view on these 3 cars - City = Reliable Japanese sedan but doesn't feel planted above 110kmph. Not a confidence inspiring car. Manza = Feels solid like European car, runs on famous Fiat Quadrajet 90bhp engine, roomiest sedan plus best features in class and very low service bills. Verna = Sleek design, lifeless steering, overpriced. Hyundai after sales is not cheap.
Manza has a hatchback engine like dzire. :wall:

Manza has a hatchback engine like dzire. :wall:
?? Manza has 90bhp Quadrajet/DDIS/Multijet engine, similar to Fiat Linea, Maruti SX4 and Ertiga. Whereas Dzire has 74 bhp engine same as Swift. Tata do offer 90bhp engine in their hatch Vista, that doesn't make Manza a sedan with hatchback engine.

^ Congrats!!! :nice: You will need to wash her often. White cars always helps to reduce weight. :giggle:
Yeah I love white. all three of them are white. Btw here in Mumbai, there is a Bahadur or a Bharat around every block to wash your cars, I personally have never washed my car, but my brother did the next day we got him the polo :P @ sunnyjileone Its just tradition I guess, the guys at the dealership did the puja. :D Btw the point of the pictures were, to display the add ons installed, esp since all of them are third party. :D Good deal overall.