The US OPEN 2013/US OPEN SERIES

Cricketics

^Glad it was not Fed at the other end! Rafa at USO so far Has broken serve 29 times in five matches at this year's tournament Enjoys a perfect 20-0 record on hard courts this year Has yet to drop serve at the 2013 US Open, holding 67 times Statistically has the most potent forehand in the tournament (97 winners) Has won 36% of points when facing first serves and 60% returning second serves

^Glad it was not Fed at the other end!
In fact Federer's loss to Robredo might be some kind of blessing in disguise for him. Looking at the form that Federer is right now (and Rafa is right now) I doubt if scoreline would have been better had he faced Rafa than Robredo and that would have looked really bad on Fedrer.

In fact Federer's loss to Robredo might be some kind of blessing in disguise for him. Looking at the form that Federer is right now (and Rafa is right now) I doubt if scoreline would have been better had he faced Rafa than Robredo and that would have looked really bad on Fedrer.
Agreed if they way he played against Robredo, it would have been similar. But Federer played a pretty solid match against Nadal in Cincy, so you never know.

Agreed if they way he played against Robredo' date=' it would have been similar. But Federer played a pretty solid match against Nadal in Cincy, so you never know.[/quote'] my assessment was based on the way Federer performed against Robredo in previous match. But I agree, in sports you can hardly extrapolate things like that.

my assessment was based on the way Federer performed against Robredo in previous match. But I agree' date=' in sports you can hardly extrapolate things like that.[/quote'] Actually Federer didn't play as poorly as the scoreline against a player like Robredo suggests. But he played the big points especially the break points horribly. He was something like 2/16 in break point conversion. Surprisingly if you look at the match stats he hit more winners than UEs. Had he converted a few of those break points it would have been a different story. I still think Nadal would have won it comfortably, most likely in straight sets but the scoreline would have been a lot better than 6-0 6-2 6-2.

Reporting frm Ashe. Its crazy Leander Paes ruling the Arthur ashe stadium. Everyone is in awe f him here. They lost the first set badly to a team which is chasing calender slam after winning everything including Olympics in last 15 months. Bryans didnt want to hit any point at Leander since he was converting all into winners. Paes n Stepanek lost to Bryans last year in finals at US Open after beating them in Australian Open 2012. And here they are in finals of 2013 US Open. I have to say Leander is probably one of the greatest sportsman from India. And here

Awesome win for Paes/Stepanek. Paes is one of the most talented tennis players ever. If he had a bigger frame he would have ruled the singles as well. His feel at the net and general volleying skills are second to none.
Yes, if he would have shown little more patience with his Singles game, he might have won a grandslam or two. He did win Bronze Medal at Olympics in Singles. He was a player of big stage.

Yes' date='[b'] if he would have shown little more patience with his Singles game, he might have won a grandslam or two. He did win Bronze Medal at Olympics in Singles. He was a player of big stage.
Well I am not too sure about that though. IMO his serve is not strong enough for that. At best he could have become a David Ferrer type player.

That was a clinical and totally dominant display from Wawrinka. Stan in this form will give Novak just as much of a torrid time. Edit: I shouldn't make the mistake of backing the favourite in any match as if they are guaranteed a win, we've seen some big players been upset this tournament, so if Novak makes it through tonight, he'll need to prepare himself for a very very tough game in the SF.

Wawrinka's been a great story. After that Marathon match in Australian open against Djokovic which ended in heart breaking loss for Wawa, he didn't come out of his hotel room for 3 days. The grandslam authorities to went to check on him if he was all right. He was depressed by that loss. He has really worked hard after that defeat.

Wawrinka's been a great story. After that Marathon match in Australian open against Djokovic which ended in heart breaking loss for Wawa, he didn't come out of his hotel room for 3 days. The grandslam authorities to went to check on him if he was all right. He was depressed by that loss. He has really worked hard after that defeat.
Yeah he was also unlucky that one of his line clippers was called out. He would have served for the match otherwise. Great tennis today. Thoroughly outplayed Murray.

That still remains the match of the year for me. It was heart-breaking to lose like that. Overall he has been doing good since last year and has become a regular in top 10 now. Soon he should be in 'next 4'.

'tics sir' date=' yeh thoda jyada ho gaya.[/quote'] Nope. The guy was horse. I am serious. I remember many people praising him and also talking about his lack of interest for singles. He apparently played at New Port and won that title. It was singles event. His serve was always decent, but his game to play long rallies used to put him and make him a threat for every opponent. Even Agassi mention how in no time you would realize that you are losing to Leander even though he hasn't looked that good at all. But since it never happend, I guess no use of discussing it. I am glad that he did achieve that rare achievement which not many great players go on to achieve. That is the Bronze medal in Olympics in Singles. It's somethign Leander will cherish all his life.

Stan is great to watch whenin form, did not get to watch yesterday but so glad he won..do not like Murray much too...I would love to see a Gasquet v Wawrinka final- Gasquet will not beat Rafa, even if Stan has a chance vs Novak- but heres hoping

Wawrinka's been a great story. After that Marathon match in Australian open against Djokovic which ended in heart breaking loss for Wawa' date=' [b']he didn't come out of his hotel room for 3 days. The grandslam authorities to went to check on him if he was all right. He was depressed by that loss. He has really worked hard after that defeat.
Wow didnt know that. Good for him to have turned it round. Hope he pushes up the rankings

The H2H records for the Semi Finalists ate stacked in favour of the higher ranked and favourite. But you also say that Wawrinka has far more chance because of his power and versatile play of causing an upset. I do think we'll see a better Wawrinka vs Djokovic SF, not only because it'll be more closely contested, but also because both of them have contrasting styles that bring out exciting tennis. Nadal on the other hand will probably be ruthless (ultimately boring match because of it) and just pound his FH into the open court which a less athletic Gasquet will leave for him. I am still stunned at the brutal display from Wawrinka yesterday, massive performance from a guy who's just about to start the decline that tennis players have.