The US OPEN 2013/US OPEN SERIES

Cricketics

Reporting frm Ashe. Its crazy Leander Paes ruling the Arthur ashe stadium. Everyone is in awe f him here. They lost the first set badly to a team which is chasing calender slam after winning everything including Olympics in last 15 months. Bryans didnt want to hit any point at Leander since he was converting all into winners. Paes n Stepanek lost to Bryans last year in finals at US Open after beating them in Australian Open 2012. And here they are in finals of 2013 US Open. I have to say Leander is probably one of the greatest sportsman from India. And here
My only link to tennis emotion is Leander. The day he retires, I will lose any real interest in the sport. What a fulfilling career he has had; to reach the US Open Final at the age of 40 is just mind-blowing.

My only link to tennis emotion is Leander. The day he retires' date=' I will lose any real interest in the sport. What a fulfilling career he has had; to reach the US Open Final at the age of 40 is just mind-blowing.[/quote'] I got to admit that too that the only reason I started watching tennis was because of Leander and him doing well with his partner Mahesh back in the days. Lost the interest in the game when they split. But as they carried on with their partners, they started having success and and I also carried on following both separately and passion for tennis just increased as I started visiting tournaments and meeting and interacting with different players, Today I am a die hard tennis fan only because of Leander I think. I used to see him everywhere. I see him at my workplace too when he visits D.C as I work at airport. He just so down to earth man after achieving so much.

Djokovic pulling through in the end, champions always dig in when they need to. Once again at the US Open Djokovic pulls out a win in very difficult circumstances. It's not how you start or how you play, it's whether you can win the key points. Overall not as high standard as the Aus Open match between them. Both players involved in some wonderful rallies, lots of UEs, some poor serving through out, both returning very well as a result.

Thank you Novak, for giving us so much entertainment in 2013, you have given us along with your opponents some of the most epic matches this year. Rankign the most entertaining matches: 1 - Del Potro vs Djokovic - Wimbledon 2 - Wawrinka vs Djokovic - Aus Open 3 - Nadal vs Djokovic - RG I think even though I loathe Nadal, that win in RG was the biggest match of the year, whatever happens in the potential final with Novak on Monday.

Finally we reach to the point that we were expecting all this while - Nadal and Djko final. Bring it on..!! Both finals are going to be good. I expect Azarenka to challenge Serena more than any other players would have. Between, Nadal and Djoko, ideally Nadal should win easily, consoidering the way they have been playing. Though Djoko managed to outlast Wawrinka but he was definitely below par. If Wawrinka had managed to put more serves in court in first attempts, it would have been different story. But everymatch is a new match and you would expect Djoko to up his level. Anyways, hoping for Serena and Nadal victories.

Youd back Nadal to win in 4 , maybe even st sets comparing the form they are in. Serving out of his skin he is and given how good his returning game is anyway he is almost unbeatable. The injurys have made him a better player almost he dosent seem to want to run quite so much so going for the winners a lot more No one expected Gasquet to trouble Rafa much but him reaching this far is a huge achievement, esp the win over Ferrer. lets hop he can build on it push on. Its great to see him finally start to fulfill his talent

Youd back Nadal to win in 4 ' date=' maybe even st sets comparing the form they are in. Serving out of his skin he is and given how good his returning game is anyway he is almost unbeatable.[/quote'] Please have a memory that is longer than 2 months. This is the same Nadal that was killed in the first round of Wimbledon by an injured opponent. Nadal hasn't faced a single worthy opponent this tournament, not even a semi challenging opponent and everyone is jumping on his bandwagon? Yesterday Djokovic was on the brink, just like he has been in previous years, including the 2011 SF and Nadal has an easy win that year. You know what happened in the final? Djokovic crushed him. I'm not saying Nadal will get owned, nor am I saying he'll win. I expect another long and tough match between these two. A 5 setter on HC, tough one to call. Not an easy win for Nadal based on him bashing some rubbish players in up until now.

I don't think anyone has an upper hand going into this final. Novak is a better player on hard courts and he is probably the only guy who knows how to win against Nadal and can play his own game. Against almost any other player Nadal dictates terms, against Novak it's dead even. I also wouldn't read too much into Nadal's loss in 2011. He was tactically wrong then and also was mentally owned by Novak by the time they played the US open final. Since then Nadal has turned the table but most of his wins have been on clay. In Montreal Nadal played a pretty solid match and still it was pretty close. I give both of them 50-50 chance in this and that is why this rivalry has become so fascinating. They will be playing each other for the 37th time on Monday which is a record. I hope we get a great final regardless of the result.

Thank you Novak, for giving us so much entertainment in 2013, you have given us along with your opponents some of the most epic matches this year. Rankign the most entertaining matches: 1 - Del Potro vs Djokovic - Wimbledon 2 - Wawrinka vs Djokovic - Aus Open 3 - Nadal vs Djokovic - RG I think even though I loathe Nadal, that win in RG was the biggest match of the year, whatever happens in the potential final with Novak on Monday.
novak didnt provide much entertainment ,it was stan(twice) and delpo in wimbledon who provided the entertainment,djoko just played second fiddle to them just occluding and playing more defensively.though credit to him he admitted this,he was not playing his best tennis even in that RG semis vs nadal where he should have won. anyway i`ll any day root for djoko against nadal ,hope djoko plays more aggressively and go for his shots