Ishwar Pandey Thread

Siddle did well for Oz in the Ashes. He took only 3.2 wickets per match but his avg was a very respectable 24. His ER of 2.46 demonstrates the benefits of having one bowler who can bowl "dry" - I feel that the bowler in question should be Pankaj or Pandey. The other two should be quick, ideally Shami and Yadav.
Since when was siddle trundler clocking 78mph Yes he is slowest of the three but still gets it through when needed. Clocks a lot in 84 to 88 range. And then there is the great trundler culture lovers great hope. Philander. Philander was bowling similar speeds to ishant in last series. And clocks many ball in 82 to 86 range Both siddle and philander need the fast bowlers around them to create pressure and put batsman on front foot.
Since when was siddle trundler clocking 78mph Yes he is slowest of the three but still gets it through when needed. Clocks a lot in 84 to 88 range. And then there is the great trundler culture lovers great hope. Philander. Philander was bowling similar speeds to ishant in last series. And clocks many ball in 82 to 86 range Both siddle and philander need the fast bowlers around them to create pressure and put batsman on front foot.
Pandey allegedly bowls at around 135 according to some, which puts it at around 84 mph. Why dismiss him when the likes of VK, BK and Ishant continue to get many chances.

I am more interested how much he can extract out of the pitch rather than clock speed. Clock speed is an illusion that we get bought into. 147k by Johnson gets to batsman much quicker than 147k by Ishant. Hope we understand. Last time around Ishant averaged 145k in Australia. Probably the easiest bowler Australians faced as well along with Vinnie kumar.

I am more interested how much he can extract out of the pitch rather than clock speed. Clock speed is an illusion that we get bought into. 147k by Johnson gets to batsman much quicker than 147k by Ishant. Hope we understand. Last time around Ishant averaged 145k in Australia. Probably the easiest bowler Australians faced as well along with Vinnie kumar.
Good point.
True. Extracting life out of the pitch is one of the biggest factors that contribute to making a batsman uncomfortable. I too would look for this. A pacer must look visually threatening and hostile. Just high release speeds does not ensure. this. It is equally true that low clock speeds are also not conducive to extracting life out of all kinds of pitches. A balance is needed.
No The taller and higher release point will have less reduction in speed.Ishant will be quicker at 147ks on similar speed gun than johnson.Johnson has equally bad seam position.mitch is quicker than ishant by at least 15 ks currently.
True. Extracting life out of the pitch is one of the biggest factors that contribute to making a batsman uncomfortable. I too would look for this. A pacer must look visually threatening and hostile. Just high release speeds does not ensure. this. It is equally true that low clock speeds are also not conducive to extracting life out of all kinds of pitches. A balance is needed.
A good example of this would be Unadkat's performance in Zimbabwe via a vis Shami. Unadkat looked exciting on the lively pitches of Zim. There were no speed guns there. Many thought he was quicker than Shami. In India, Shami still looked exciting but Unadkat became very plain. That is why I say a balance is needed.
No The taller and higher release point will have less reduction in speed.Ishant will be quicker at 147ks on similar speed gun than johnson.Johnson has equally bad seam position.mitch is quicker than ishant by at least 15 ks currently.
Then COmpare Morkel with Ishant. Morkel's 147k is much quicker than Ishant's :cantstop:
Not nowadays. I am talking about his Australian tour where his average speed was higher in the range of 145k. You won't look like trundler just because you are taller. But Ishant looked like one.
on those speed guns everybody touched 150ks siddle was as quick.They are using new speed guns and i would be surprised if ishant touches 145ks.If u have to look at ishant pace look at 2008 tour cb series and adelaide test where mitch also played he was quicker than mitch and lee ,he had everything clicking and he did not needed to do anything,he had everything already but he destroyed himself.
There are many factors involved for extracting life from the pitch . They include --- How hard the bowler is hitting the deck resulting from --Shoulder action -- Wrist action Release speed Height of the pacer Whether he is landing the ball on the seam Nature of the pitch. Bowlers get enthused. etc.
I am sorry can we not have a discussion comparing speeds of MJ with Ishant. Only one winner by a long way in this. Recent odis v aussies in India. Johnson was miles quicker and is miles quicker. Nothing to talk about here. Rest assured if ishant was bowling genuinley at 90 to 95 mph he would be frigging lethal but sadly bowls low 80s
There are many factors involved for extracting life from the pitch . They include --- How hard the bowler is hitting the deck Release speed Height of the pacer Whether he is landing the ball on the seam Nature of the pitch. Bowlers get enthused. etc.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxY_sYHgTs]CLASSIC Javagal Srinath most fiery spell of fast bowling - YouTube[/ame] Not a clear video. He also has high action. But check the 4th ball where his shoulder works very well to hit the deck compared to a guy like Ishant. Infact they talk about his shoulder rotation.

Srinath and Prasad in that tour of england(forgot the year) bowled suuperb. They were son unlucky, kept beating the edge but they would not nick it Also that was when dravid and ganguly emerged and rest is history. Reminds me of how pujara dn kohli emerged in latest tour of SA. We will look back maybe at this SA tour as start of something

If only Srinath had known how to play some mind games on the field he could have bought more wickets. lol. Even after bowling a brute of a bouncer he would go and apologize to batsman. I think Ishwar pandey also did that right? in domestic match. I think he has to shed that attitude. Fast bowling is an adrenaline pumping act. You should do anything to pump yourself up. Apologizing to batsman is definitely not one of them lol.

If only Srinath had known how to play some mind games on the field he could have bought more wickets. lol. Even after bowling a brute of a bouncer he would go and apologize to batsman. I think Ishwar pandey also did that right? in domestic match. I think he has to shed that attitude. Fast bowling is an adrenaline pumping act. You should do anything to pump yourself up. Apologizing to batsman is definitely not one of them lol.
To be honest what srinath needed was other bowlers to back him up. Plus team to get runs on board
Not nowadays. I am talking about his Australian tour where his average speed was higher in the range of 145k. You won't look like trundler just because you are taller. But Ishant looked like one.
During the first couple of years, Ishant was very lively. I remember a match where they compares two 146 k deliveries between Lee and Ishant. Ishant was quicker after pitching. Then , he had release issues, wrist action went downhill and ball did not land on the seam, This SAF series, he has improved on this count a bit.