T420 Champions: India

Guest HariSampath

All of us feel bad on a loss..nobody is apologisng for the team's performance. But it doesn't give us any right to put the team down like this. As fans' date=' we should know the ground realities of the Indian "team". Nobody is expecting us to win the series like aginast WI/SL recently. So, if they lose badly, we have to feel sorry for the team having a bad day..or should we start abusing the team like Mr. knowitall does. It is not as if the team wanted to lose this badly on purpose. Why are the same people silent when India wins beyond expectations?[/quote'] Coffee, Without taking Hari Sampath into the line here, a general comment: If someone is upset and curses and abuses the Indian team, you may agree or disagree. That is your point of view. It does not give you any right to personally abuse a fellow member of the forum. If the member abuses you or another ICF member, take it up and Mods can even ban members for personally abusing other members. But if public personality or team is attacked, you can put forth your arguments, or totally IGNORE the person. But I dont think it is within rules to personally namecall or abuse the member directly.
To a lot of fans...cricket is a sport ...not some kind of commercial give and take... We are not doing the cricketers a favour by watching them....they are not doing us a favour by playing .
True, but then there is still no reason to abuse a forum member "personally" (saying he is a self loather, saying whether his mom found him a chick yet, he can go jump off a cliff etc) because he said poor things about the indian team You can ofcourse retaliate with arguments, sans personal attacks which should be avoided (you as in not "you" Rads, but generally speaking)
To a lot of fans...cricket is a sport ...not some kind of commercial give and take... We are not doing the cricketers a favour by watching them....they are not doing us a favour by playing .
completely disgaree.. if the fans stop watching cricket or stop follwing cricket, they players wont b riding on millions as they do now.. if theres no public interest in the game, i dont think sponsors will b pouring in the money EXAMPLE : HOCKEY.....
When you can only find faults with your team ...and all praises for others ...then I guess the term "self loather fits " fineleg.As for the chick comment....it was not on and most posters comment on it.....
Rads, Its not about whether it fits or not. Talking about a team is different than describing a fellow forum member. Poster A (eg. coffee) may think "self loather" fits the definition of Poster B (eg. HS) Poster B in turn may think "arskissers" fits the definiton of Poster A. Thinking is not the problem, but keep it to yourself - if you post it then namecalling will escalate. Better to avoid direct namecalling of fellow forum members.
You can't hold them personally responsible for your time and money lost...If fans feel so...don't watch ...no one is forcing them to watch.Why bother watching ? Let the sponsors back out. Most such fans will be pleased ..so do it!
well i was only commenting on this point of urs : We are not doing the cricketers a favour by watching them by watching them we r doing them the favours.. even the players will accept this
Coffee, Without taking Hari Sampath into the line here, a general comment: If someone is upset and curses and abuses the Indian team, you may agree or disagree. That is your point of view. It does not give you any right to personally abuse a fellow member of the forum. .
I'm not in favour of personally abusing ANY forummer. But is this forummer only cursing the team? He is cursing the fans too as you can see from the very title of the thread and then the OP. I don't think that is on either. Who gave him the rights to speak for all the fans? How on earth can he generalise and put all the fans of the country under one sweeping statement? I refuse to be called what is he calling the Indian fans and I find his statement very offensive.
I'm not in favour of personally abusing ANY forummer. But is this forummer only cursing the team? He is cursing the fans too as you can see from the very title of the thread and then the OP. I don't think that is on either. Who gave him the rights to speak for all the fans? How on earth can he generalise and put all the fans of the country under one sweeping statement? I refuse to be called what is he calling the Indian fans and I find his statement very offensive.
agree with chandan here....
Chandan, Agreed with that point. If he curses just the team, then I think he should not be personally abused. Allow anyone to express viewpoints on the team however good or however BAD. But if he is cursing the forummers, then I hope Mods will interfere and delete those posts, issue warning etc. That will be better that Mods deal rather than personal abuses flying around.
Chandan, Agreed with that point. If he curses just the team, then I think he should not be personally abused. Allow anyone to express viewpoints on the team however good or however BAD. But if he is cursing the forummers, then I hope Mods will interfere and delete those posts, issue warning etc. That will be better that Mods deal rather than personal abuses flying around.
I don't think posts are deleted on this forum. But perhaps the mods expect the forummers to take responsibility and be responsible, which this fellow certainly isn't. How on earth could he call the whole country's fans chaar sau bees?? That is extremely infuriaring. The mods here have tried to explain it to to him mildly, but perhaps he is not ready to understand! BTW, did you read the OP?

While the mods try their best to cut down on abuses, there are times when things escape our notice. You guys can click on the Report Post button and bring an abusive post to our notice. On the topic, we are playing the best ODI unit by far to have ever taken field and have had a mediocre ODI unit for many years now. The series is panning out like it was expected, the odd upset, the odd close game, and mostly decisive wins for the better side. I don't see the point of such over the top reaction.

Guest HariSampath
When you can only find faults with your team ...and all praises for others ...then I guess the term "self loather fits " fineleg.As for the chick comment....it was not on and most posters comment on it.....
I find fault with ALL teams I support if there not 100% efort to win the game, any cricket game. Losing is okay, but not trying 100% means the players are taking fans and others for granted and displaying arrogance. For example I was supporting and even encouraging Pakistan today to win against SA. After the pathetic way they drew the game, without trying to square the series, and after Inzaman ul Haq played an absolutely atrocious shot and got out, please see what I posted on the pakistan website. ***************************************************************************** Quote: Originally Posted by HariSampath what the heck was that stupid idiot fat fool Inzy trying to do ??????? didnt he know his team is at a crucial stage of a historic chase ? i could not believe what I saw on tv angry.gifangry.gifangry.gif shut up man.............it doesnt matter how he has performed this match...you dont judge him on this match...look at his whole career.....he wanted to end his career with a win for pakistan, i feel sad for inzy......but ill remember him as a great batsman for pakistan, no doubt about that..... Quote: Originally Posted by pak shut up man.............it doesnt matter how he has performed this match...you dont judge him on this match...look at his whole career.....he wanted to end his career with a win for pakistan, i feel sad for inzy......but ill remember him as a great batsman for pakistan, no doubt about that..... HariSampath why should I shut up... that was the most irresponsible ever shot any batsman can play in any situation. and considering this was the most experienced batsman in the team, in this situation, that was inexcusable and atrocious. this is my cricketing opinion and I am sure all of pakistan agrees with me. Inzy may be a star and have a great record, but I think pakistan team is more important than individual stars. Originally Posted by virus you have no right talking about inzi like that lets talk about dravid that duck looking b****** Lets keep Dravid out of it bro - he has nothing to do with this game. hari, pls be easy on Inzi its his last game and hes popular with all the fans. I do think it was an error in judgement to attack so quickly but its obvious he was looking to win...you cant always connect and sometimes you do get out smile001.gif **************************************** HariSampath my friend, that was an INCREDIBLY STOOOOOOPID SHOT and totally irresponsible. If what I said is wrong, you can go ahead and ban me.....geeeeeesh whadda mad fool *************************************************************** Agree with Hari, what is the difference between losing 1-0 or 2-0, they have to atleast try to win the game, but i'm afraid it is too late now. HariSampath Its doable dude, if they believe it, what if they lose ? remember pak chased 175 after tea 2 times against India in 1978 and won... they gotta believe it...ooooh inzy that stupid fellow, what a idiot ***************************************************** Hari: Its not twenty 20 there are no field restrictions, its a worn out pitch, the better bowlers can bowl for longer and we have a long tail! laugh8kb.gif The reality is that 420+ is nearly impossible to chase in the 4th innings...how many teams have done this before? You make it sound so blase laugh8kb.gifHariSampath With this type of your team's attitude, I thik they would have "managed" to draw even if 50 runs were required in 5 overs with 6 wkts in hand, man these players are scared whinnies and didn't deserve to win. They could have at least made an attempt. geesh, what a buncha losers. I am sure happy as an Indian fan to know this is the team we will be playing soon, bcos India is itself playing pathetically and it is very comforting to know Pak is like this Lol bcos we don't have to worry. Come on, this team has made fools of everyone in pak, and didn't even attempt a win, thats what irritates me. No spirit, no cricketing pride , no shame, and a buncha losers. If India had been in this 0-1 situation and getting a target of 457 to equal the series and after being just around 170 from victory and didn't even try, I would have roasted my team over the hottest coals in every section of the media and public domain by writing 10000 times more shameful things about India. Well I guess pak fans just don't care or don't want to set high standards for their team, and I guess I have wasted so many hours following pakistan's games and supporting them, bcos in pak only stars and their miserable individual glory seems to be important...angry.gif Wadda bunch of weasling crawling slithering losers grfrrrrr angry.gif **************************************************************************************************************** As everyone can see from my exchanges with even pak fans, although I had really bashed Inzaman in his last test match on their own website, a lot of them do agree and are sensible about it, and don't go ballistic in trying to counter attack by calling me names etc. Although I had really let loose on their team too and seriously been furious they at least see that was supporting their team and just got mad at the attitude. Maybe a small number of fans here will have to think about this before calling me names personally and saying fans feel offended., but I am sure a majority understand what I mean .
Guest HariSampath
While the mods try their best to cut down on abuses, there are times when things escape our notice. You guys can click on the Report Post button and bring an abusive post to our notice. On the topic, we are playing the best ODI unit by far to have ever taken field and have had a mediocre ODI unit for many years now. The series is panning out like it was expected, the odd upset, the odd close game, and mostly decisive wins for the better side. I don't see the point of such over the top reaction.
But the thing is we had 3 heavy losses, one narrow win ( which I had said was due to umpiring decisions, a cricketing point I still stick to) and one escape from another huge loss due to rain. On the cricketing skill matchup, I called this a 0-5, while the scoreline may read 1-3... anything drastic about this ? why, so many people are saying that exactly is what it should have been, I am not alone
I find fault with ALL teams I support if there not 100% efort to win the game, any cricket game. Losing is okay, but not trying 100% means the players are taking fans and others for granted and displaying arrogance.
I don't quite understand this view at all. These players are professionals doing a job, if they are not giving their 100% and not performing they will be thrown out by their pay masters ie. BCCI. They have no responsibility towards you or anyone else but the BCCI to give 100% or 200%. We have no rights to demand anything from them just as they don't have any rights to demand a 100% performance from us in our jobs. We like the sport, we watch it, we have fun. If our team does well, we feel happy, if they suck we are disappointed. End of story.
But the thing is we had 3 heavy losses, one narrow win ( which I had said was due to umpiring decisions, a cricketing point I still stick to) and one escape from another huge loss due to rain. On the cricketing skill matchup, I called this a 0-5, while the scoreline may read 1-3... anything drastic about this ? why, so many people are saying that exactly is what it should have been, I am not alone
I am not a believer in moral wins and losses. Bottom line is we are 1-3 down. As they say, "Look at the book". It's not as if India have not suffered from poor umpiring and rain in the past. Do you see any footnotes on those scorecards? Why are you trying to attach footnotes here when none should exist?
Guest HariSampath
I don't quite understand this view at all. These players are professionals doing a job' date=' if they are not giving their 100% and not performing they will be thrown out by their pay masters ie. BCCI. They have no responsibility towards you or anyone else but the BCCI to give 100% or 200%. We have no rights to demand anything from them just as they don't have any rights to demand a 100% performance from us in our jobs. We like the sport, we watch it, we have fun. If our team does well, we feel happy, if they suck we are disappointed. End of story.[/quote'] What about the times when players make a mockery of the fans..... say for example if in a ODI, some batsman is batting on 99 and needs to get a single to complete a Ton, but the team requires 6 off the last ball to win, and if the player just pushes the ball for a run to get a 100, and doesn't even attempt to hit a six off the last ball, saying trying for a six was impossible anyway, would you accept that ? Please answer honestly how you will feel. And please answer honestly what you would expect the BCCI and the selectors to do, as fans ? PS : how would you fel if you had spent a few thousand dollars flying to toronto or Wndies, and spent a few $ 100 s more to get tks in the belief that your team is playing to give honest value for your faith as a fan
What about the times when players make a mockery of the fans..... say for example if in a ODI, some batsman is batting on 99 and needs to get a single to complete a Ton, but the team requires 6 off the last ball to win, and if the player just pushes the ball for a run to get a 100, and doesn't even attempt to hit a six off the last ball, saying trying for a six was impossible anyway, would you accept that ?
I would be disappointed and frustrated.
And please answer honestly what you would expect the BCCI and the selectors to do, as fans ?
I would expect the BCCI and the selectors to drop the player because he was obviously not doing his job well ie. playing for the team. But I would not say that I have the "right" to have him dropped. I have no "right" on any player.
PS : how would you fel if you had spent a few thousand dollars flying to toronto or Wndies, and spent a few $ 100 s more to get tks in the belief that your team is playing to give honest value for your faith as a fan
I would be disappointed as a fan for not being able to watch my team put up a good show, but again display no "right" on the team. If I feel, it's part of an ongoing trend, I would cut down or stop following the fortunes of the side and look at other pastimes which would give me more enjoyment.