What male physique do you aspire to?

goose

12 sets is too much and you will never get big. Repeating sets without reason is not going to give any gains though it will really tone you. No proper body builder or fitness expert will recommend 12 sets. This is clearly the reason why his muscles aren't big despite the heavy weights For toning and cutting - low weights with maximum sets and reps For building mass - big weights with less reps and set. No more than 7-8 reps and no more than 2-3 sets He seems to be doing a weird combination of both which will not work
Depends on what is your goal. His workout is mainly centered to increasing strength than being big. For bulding more muscle mass, the rep range is about 8-15, for gaining pure strength rep range is 4-8. This routine is good for fast bowlers too, to gain strength but not get too big muscles. 3-5 sets are enough. Rep range over 15 is for endurance. You can have a combination too if one is new. His rep range is 4-8 most times which tells you his routine is designed to gain strength. His dead lifts indicate that he is very strong despite being not too muscular. Though 12 sets are still too much. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/high-reps-low-reps-which-rep-scheme-is-best.html

I lost around 9 kg (from 93 to 84)in last 6 months or so and going to gym. I did lot of jogging and running but more importantly by controlling eating habits. Have stopped eating sweets and anything having sugar completely. Absolutely no soda in last 6 months. Plan to get it to 80 and then it would be just perfect.
wats your height ?? :winky: i lost arnd 10kgs in 7 or 8 months by controlling my mouth .. reduced boozing and cut non-veg and oily stuff
This guy is a freak. He has a very unique workout regimen. He does not look to be to muscular but he is super strong. Look at those 12 sets. This is very intensive stuff. Who hits 12 sets that too heavy, 3-4 sets are norm. HE deadlifts 250 kilo for 12 sets. My best deadlift till now is 120 that too just 3 reps max. Shows how strong this guy is without being too muscular visibly. His training is centered on increasing muscle strength than muscle hypertrophy.
those dumbbell curls and squats don't addup. I mean his dumbbell curls are very weak and his squats pretty strong. So his core strength is high for a lightly build arm..hmm i ht 45 k dumbbell curls but hardly 100 in squats.. maybe he is a short guy..but unique and impressive...those repetitions are minimal 12 is ideal number of reps.

those dumbbell curls and squats don't addup. I mean his dumbbell curls are very weak and his squats pretty strong. So his core strength is high for a lightly build arm..hmm i ht 45 k dumbbell curls but hardly 100 in squats.. maybe he is a short guy..but unique and impressive...those repetitions are minimal 12 is ideal number of reps.
Those 12 are not reps but sets. His rep range is 4-8 for 12 sets. Usually people do 3-4 sets. He does 12. There are 3 rep ranges for 3 different purposes. Main goal strength 4-8 reps. This is ideal even for fast bowlers who dont want big muscles but want increase strength. Main goal big muscular hypertrophy rep range 8-12 Main goal endurance rep range 15 plus it is mainly for marathon athletes who run long distances. There is no ideal rep range. It depends on what is your main goal is. An Usain Bolt wont have a same work out routine as Stephen Kiprotick 2012 Olympic Marathon winner. Bolt will have more core strength-concentric explosive routine. In all these rep ranges, you dont go 100% all the time and lift and 70-80% of you capability. but for a normal guy who wants a good body, a rep range of 8-12 is ideal. PS: Is your 45 kilo one dumbbell?