Winning Formula For Indian Team Against Aussies

damodhar

Dhoni at #3 is not a good idea vs the Aussies, especially when ball is swinging all over. Secondly, we have to admit that their is far far better than our team, IN EVERY DEPARTMENT. So there can be no winning formulae against them. We can win by luck and that'll be an upset. I'll be more than happy if our team fights tooth and nail and make the job harder for Australian by putting up a stiff resistence. That is all I want from them.

Dhoni at #3 is not a good idea vs the Aussies, especially when ball is swinging all over. Secondly, we have to admit that their is far far better than our team, IN EVERY DEPARTMENT. So there can be no winning formulae against them. We can win by luck and that'll be an upset. I'll be more than happy if our team fights tooth and nail and make the job harder for Australian by putting up a stiff resistence. That is all I want from them.
Eggjacktly! Frikkin put your 200% into everything when out on the field. Fight like crazy, not like 30-4 or crap like that.

Finey, it is not that they threw the wickets carelessly. Australians bowled superbly there. Can't think of any batsman who was careless and threw his wickets away. We must learn to appreciate the cricket played by opposition too. I was more disappointed when we fielded as it looked that Indians didn't have faith in themselves to get even one wicket.

Finey, it is not that they threw the wickets carelessly. Australians bowled superbly there. Can't think of any batsman who was careless and threw his wickets away. We must learn to appreciate the cricket played by opposition too. I was more disappointed when we fielded as it looked that Indians didn't have faith in themselves to get even one wicket.
Chandan, I do agree Aus are great. But being 30-4, 80-6 (not exact scores, just a made up number) all this is too much. Its not like we are playing in Durban or Perth or something. This is Indian pitch, and we should be able to play decent if not win, atleast give a fighting total!

We did try our best, but bad fortune followed us by that mix up and run-out. The pitch was more sluggish than the batsmen had read in my opinion and the middle order suffered against the new ball. There was a fair bit of swing even in the 26th over, which indicates it must have been hugely humid there. The only gripe is that our bowlers couldn't get that swing. Perhaps they get too nervous against the Aussies. If that is the case, then our series against Australia will read 4-0 or something.

Fineleg? Are you trying to say that the Indian players are not trying their best? Gimme a yes, or a no.
You seem to live (or atleast want to live) in a black or white world - without any shades of grey as evidenced by your *demand* to give me a yes or give me a no! LOL! I dont know what you are trying to get at. If you are trying to make me say, "Indian team is not trying their best because of match-fixing-typie thingy" then NO - atleast it may be there or may not be there, but I dont think it is. Indian team is not trying their best, because they are lazy and/or lethargic and/or having a careless attitude and/or other reasons. Then a resounding YES in my opinion. They need a solid kick up their backside, make it 3 solid kicks for each of the 11 guys. If you disagree, feel free to disagree. Thats your point of view.
Indian team is not trying their best, because they are lazy and/or lethargic and/or having a careless attitude and/or other reasons. Then a resounding YES in my opinion. They need a solid kick up their backside, make it 3 solid kicks for each of the 11 guys. If you disagree, feel free to disagree. Thats your point of view.
I wasnt even thinking of match fixing, this is what I wanted. Its a matter of personal opinion, but you think that the Indian team is not winning against the aussies because they are not trying hard enough. I feel they are not winning because they are not skilled enough. I feel they are trying their best, but they are just not good enough. Kicks wont help
I wasnt even thinking of match fixing' date= this is what I wanted. Its a matter of personal opinion, but you think that the Indian team is not winning against the aussies because they are not trying hard enough. I feel they are not winning because they are not skilled enough. I feel they are trying their best, but they are just not good enough. Kicks wont help
Match fixing a remote possibility... I think 'fineleg' is right, our team has become lazy and unwilling to win ( or as you said that, they are not trying hard)...here I wanted to repeat that, they are in comfort zone about their place and financial condition. Regarding match fixing, I won't agree with this team upto 90%...rest 10% I leave open for that... Nope, our team has the best best batsmen...who are highly skilled and technically sound... Yes, ours is a very good team as far as batting is concerned and we are failing in this department only in the past ODIs. Our batsmen have become puppets for aussies bowlers...its like they are doing revision over what they learnt watching videos of our batsmen's leakages...only solution is we must overcome these shortcoming and look ahead sincerely and in national interest.
I wasnt even thinking of match fixing, this is what I wanted. Its a matter of personal opinion, but you think that the Indian team is not winning against the aussies because they are not trying hard enough. I feel they are not winning because they are not skilled enough. I feel they are trying their best, but they are just not good enough. Kicks wont help
Holy, You said "I feel they are not winning because they are not skilled enough" I agree with this statement partially. Even if we try our best we cannot probably win the series, because Aussies are too good. HOWEVER, atleast if we try our best, we can have more closely fought matches and we may even win some matches. Aus may win the series eventually, but not this kind of humiliating defeats or CLEAR wins. We need to fight, and our team is not giving it all they can to fight. Kicks will help. If kicks dont help, drop the players for an extended period. Look if we have to lose and lose badly, we can do that with a second string or even third string players. Why have superstars and budding stars only to lose poorly. Again losing is ok, but put up a fight, make a match out of it till last 3 overs atleast.

One has to accept the fact that the aussies are a great team..this is not to say that they are invincible but fot India to defeat them has to relaize first and foremost that cricket is a team sport and to do that we have to stop our individual fixations with our players for e.g the big three..It is high time the Indian media concentrates on cricket as a sport and not individuals and not write irresponsible and damaging articles questioning the future of the big three...criticism has to be constructive and not destructive..Emotrions have no place in sport and that is xactlky the reason y Aussies are the champions