Winning Formula For Indian Team Against Aussies

damodhar

There have been lot of blames and backfires on the Indian Cricket team on their performances in the recent series with the Aussies. People seems to have forgotten the triumph of Twenty20. The same had been dug deep into the ground. People just can't gulp down any failure. This is natural in the subcontinents which is governed by many sentiments and feelings. There are some areas where the team management really need to look seriously into, in order to produce positive results. There is not point in blaming the seniors and juniors, by comparing them. There are some areas where the experience of seniors counts.The team needs to act together and come up with combined effort to win a game. The attitude is important whether the player is senior or junior. We have a good captain now for the Indian Team- MS Dhoni. He is very positive and does welcome suggestions for improvements.However, a captain is not only the man to contribute to positive results. The team as a whole needs to put up the spirit they showed in the T20. The coach plays an important role here. The coach normally does concentrate on physical strengths and weakness of the team. Most importantly, psychological training is a must. This would enable to build up a positive mentaility in the players. The positive effects of psychological training are as below: 1. Problem solving mentality: Meditation is the best execise to develop concentration which would develop a problem solving mentality in a person. The player will in a positive frame of mind to execute the goods as per the technical know how he has. In short, he can manage to keep a cool mind and evaluate on solution to overcome a problematic situation in front of them. 2.Creativity: The psychological training should be given to players in such a manner that they develop a creative mentality. They would be able to create new possibilities to attack the enemies with their weapons. Eg: The Aussies are highly proffessional in thier approach towards the game. They always have a solution or explore a solution reading the strengths and weakness of the opponents. The best example is the 4th ODI where a master blaster batsman like Sachin Tendulkar, could not play confidently and was out of shorts early in the innings.Any condition of pitch is not a problem with him. The main thing was that the Aussies had marked him well. you could observe that on the other side, Sourav was playing confidently. What the team need to adopt is creativity by surprising the Aussies by making some changes in the batting and bowling orders. You could observe well that Mathew Hayden was severe on the opening Indian bowlers and went upto score big runs. Now, here what the captain should do is to make a surprise change in attack by allowing some other bowlers specially slow medium pacers to distract the opponent's strategic thinking. Make frequent changes in fields by shuffling all the players to different areas in order to confuse the batman. In case of batting, I think the team should change the 1 down slot player. MS Dhoni,himself is a very good 1don player as he had proved in the one day series against Pakistan in India.He can adopt some hard hitting not thinking about the wicket that has fallen or to stay there to save wickets. Some hard hittings will distract the bowlers and they will lose line and length. There are many more tips I can advice on effective and positive steps towards success. I hope my tips above are conveyed to the team ASAP. i am sure it will bear positive effects and Indian team can be on the winning track again. My best of lucks to them. Chakhe de India. Contact one of the mods if you want to contact the writer...

Damodhar, welcome in #ICF and hope to see you posting regularly to have some meaningful interaction...I am in your neighbouring country, KSA. @topic, I liked your way of presentation...including examples. Some of these points have been suggested by me and other members here, too. All of us want India to be on the top, I believe someday concerned people get to know all about this...through this official board of Indian cricket fans. Even at this place, we pray for our team's success...! Hope to see you hanging around with all of us, here...

Damodhar ... a future prospect for ICF... !

Good innovative write up. I guess the OP would make a good article. Why not convert this into an article?
Agreed about innovation...he has assimilated most important observations into one post...I believe leave it in his original way...instead of redrafting it as an article...after all original is original!
Copyright infringement? Why? It was written and posted by Damodhar and I added it there with due credits to him.
Just wondering if he was a contributing author in some magazine and *may* not want his article to be on the home page of ICF.