Vishy gets hero's welcome

Gambit

[h1]Vishy gets hero's welcome [/h1] New Delhi: A few weeks after he was crowned the World Chess Champion, Viswanathan Anand returned back home earlier on Monday to a hero's welcome. People came in hordes to meet the World Number 1. The last few weeks have been unforgettable for Anand. Reclaiming the World Championship in Mexico was the just the icing on the cake. If you had something and lost it and win it back its really nice. I have waited for five years for this. Also, this was the strongest world championship rating and to go through it undefeated is fantastic, he said. It will take quite a while to sum up this man's achievements. Right from the time he was crowned Junior World Champion to being the undefeated world champion now. The 37-year-old has indeed set new standards in the sport. So will his records ever be eclipsed by another Indian? Right now in the World Cup we've had more than we have had in a long time and I think that's one big step. Also, I hope in 5-7 years we'll start seeing results of the Academy, he says. It was not long ago. When there were questions of step-motherly treatment given to sports other than cricket, Anand had wondered then on the kind of reception he would receive. He probably has fewer doubts in his mind now. I have no grounds to complain. So many people turned up to welcome me at the airport. The Tamil Nadu government has also announced a prize, says Anand. http://www.ibnlive.com/news/vishy-gets-heros-welcome---congratulate-the-champ/50530-5.html