Choker from the start?

How short is public memory isn't it? It is so true that Yuvi and Dhoni delivered the knock out punch in this matches in Pak but how can one forget this: This was one of the great ODIs which I'll never forget!!
Yep, the difference of class and technique was too obvious in that match (even between RD and SRT, and no I don't wanna start another debate over this). And don't forget the heaps of praise from Imran who never gives away the slightest credit to any Indian. Some of the balls SRT left in that match almost caused me heart-attacks.
:hysterical::hysterical: A series 6-7 years back against the might of Zimbabwe is what you can come up with of Yuvraj performing under pressure. Thanks for making my points for me, pretty much sums it up.
I was merely pointing to the fact that how you missed those two half centuries as an example and your statistics is probably flawed. I would like to know which matches are included in your criteria. The finals of a tournament involving only 3 teams or more or what?
ITendulkar at the peak of his game, with support from Ganguly and Dravid at least led us into a WC final and has led us into a SF as well earlier, besides being joint winners of the ICC CT and finalists. Yuvraj at the peak of his career led us to a first round exit from the WC.
How many years did it took Tendulkar to do that?18 yrs?..hahahaha and on that basis, yuvraj still got 11 more yrs to take india to the finals? think before you write and India reached world cup 2003 final not just cuz of tendulkar but cuz sehwag, gangs , yuvraj all batted well and the bowling was decent...what did India do in 2007 wc? which players played exceptionally well in 2007 wc?..yuvraj came out after a long injury and he still wasnt half as bad as the other maharathis
How many years did it took Tendulkar to do that?18 yrs?..hahahaha and on that basis, yuvraj still got 11 more yrs to take india to the finals? think before you write and India reached world cup 2003 final not just cuz of tendulkar but cuz sehwag, gangs , yuvraj all batted well and the bowling was decent...what did India do in 2007 wc? which players played exceptionally well in 2007 wc?..yuvraj came out after a long injury and he still wasnt half as bad as the other maharathis
Tendulkar took India to a world cup semi final in just his second world cup making 523 runs@87. Has Yuvi done anything like that yet in ODIs? Tendulkar took India to a world cup final in his fourth world cup making 673 runs@61? Has Yuvi done anything like that yet in ODIs? And did you even watch the 2003 world cup? Sehwag was pathetic except in the final. Ganguly only made runs against the minnows. And Yuvraj's only score of note came against Pak.
I was merely pointing to the fact that how you missed those two half centuries as an example and your statistics is probably flawed. I would like to know which matches are included in your criteria. The finals of a tournament involving only 3 teams or more or what?
Yeah, finals with three or more teams.
7 years after his debut, Tendulkar as the leading ODI batsman of the side then took India into the WC SFs. 7 years after his debut, Yuvraj as the leading ODI batsman of the side led to our first round exit from the WC. Obviously, cricket is a team game and no one person can be attributed to any success, but as the best batsman in the side the onus is on that person to deliver and lead from the front. Yuvraj has consistently failed to do so. Right from when Yuvraj started assuming the mantle of the best batsman in the side we have been knocked out in the first round of both the CT and WC.
and yuvraj is shuffled all over the place....do you know what happened to tendulkar when he was asked to bat at #4?....being the greatest batsmen of the world, couldnt he adjust?..hahaha
No one is shuffled around at whims and fancies. Even Tendulkar was shuffled around at the start of his career because he was unable to carve a niche for himself in the lineup. It took Yuvraj years to carve a niche for himself in the lineup. But he is hardly shuffled around over the past few years. Regularly bats at number 4/5.
May I ask how you managed to sneak Yuvraj into the top performers of world cup 2003. He scored 2 fifties in the entire tournament, of which only 1 was actually useful (against Pakistan), the other was against Kenya during the regular rounds (after we had well and truly qualified). But I dont like branding people chokers purely on the basis of the odd statistic. Yuvraj has yet to win us a high-pressure match in a finals type tournament while the big 3 have, but that doesnt mean Yuvraj is a choker. He is still young and most batsman dont actually reach their peak until their late 20's.
Guest HariSampath
HS' date=' other than spewing so much garbage, just say simply pick the games where SRT scored 0 and then we'll see.[/quote'] Conversely how many of Tendulkar's 41 hundreds were made while chasing scores of above 280 ? In his 18 year career how many times have India beaten Australia in Australia in games that he played? and what did Tendulkar do ?