Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

You are twisting arguments to make it seem like the arguments made are against a particular community or a group of people,The argument to begin with was about how an issue which was better off left alone has been politicised. I am merely stating that if it ever the subject had to be touched or fiddled with,I would rather have it go in the direction of Nay than Yay solely because 1)Our Society has other major issues to focus on b)The sentiments are (I can bravely put a number and say 90%) not in favor of acknowledging or having everything to do with ignoring this communtiy,so this keeps emotionsin Check. If you want to talk the political aspect of it....Yes,Congress don't want to benefit anyone,this is just a farce and Yes in the wake of this unnecessary controversy BJP has said the politically correct thing to say(in our environment),It would be a political suicide in the west,so nothing wrong with what they chose
All these arguments have already been discussed at length in the last few pages. So unless you have another "analogy" to put forth or want to respond to any of those points made, there is not much new to discuss about them 1) Other rights issues to discuss 2) Majority is not in favour 3) No one is in prosecuted under the law 4) Political fallout for BJP/ congress

After reading 100s of posts [people can do a cross check] 1.Only BJP is supporting Article 377 because they openly endorsed it , but Con party is ok because they opposed [people conveniently forgot that Con party is in govt and can bring a bill if required] 2.Only Chaddi brigade is against homosexuality - no mention of topiwalas or other groups. 3.Homosexuality is the biggest human rights violation in India , rest all things are negligible compare to this. 4.Homosexuality is defended using the argument based on its practiced in Animal kingdom. 5.Jaahils are responsible for everything.

Being left-handed is unnatural, illegal: BJP

In a shocking turn of events, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has announced that they will push for legislation to criminalise being left-handed. In a hurriedly held press conference, Dr. Vijay Sahasrabudhi swore to continue his party’s stand against anything that is against the order of nature (like homosexuality) or non-Hindu (like, well, everyone else). “We, as a nationalist party, cannot condone the unnatural way these lefties live their lives. This trend needs to be arrested. Therefore, I have prepared a petition which will be filed in the Supreme Court tomorrow to make being left-handed illegal,” Dr. Sahasrabudhi said. BJP president, Mr. Rajnath Singh, who recently supported the Supreme Court decision on Section 377, was also present at the press conference. “I blame the western culture for the trend of left handed people. According to our culture, you do not eat with your left hand. It is meant for cleaning up after a bowel movement. Everything you do, you do with your right hand. If not for the west’s influence, we’d all be a nation of right-handed Hindu nationalists!” he thundered. Sensing the mood in the room, Dr. Sahasrabudhi argued, “In a totally legitimate poll done by Niti Central, a totally unbiased, truthful media giant, around 87% people said they are right handed. :hysterical: More than three-fourth of this number felt that being left-handed is a disease and it can cause mental problems. So, the more humane thing to do is either beat them out of this unnatural habit at a young age or put them in jail where they can live with the other freaks.” In a lengthy article published in DNA, Dr. Sahasrabudhi also considered disenfranchising left-handed people unless they admit that their ancestors were originally right-handed. He also appealed to right-handed people, whom he fondly calls “righties”, to “collectively respond against the lefties and not individually isolated, or worse, be complacent because he or she is not personally affected. Twitter debated the issue furiously with the hashtag #IFeelLeftOut trending in support of left-handed people. Right-wingers predictably toed the BJP line with their own hashtag #LeftAintRight. The Congress party issued a statement condemning the BJP move once it was clear that at least 13% of the Indian electorate was left-handed. The Congress PM-candidate-in-waiting, Rahul Gandhi said such a petition should be thrown out of the window since it was complete nonsense. Political analysts are waiting to see which minority group gets targeted by political parties for no fault of theirs.
http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2013/12/17/being-left-handed-is-unnatural-illegal-bjp :rofl:

It's funny - when you say "chaddi brigade" why do people assume it is a target to Hindu fundamentalists? Monkeys see monkeys perhaps. People need to understand that "chaddi brigades" cut through caste, religions etc. Here's an example of a different religion "chaddi brigage" Gay sex is against all religions: Mizoram Presbyterian Church

The Mizoram Presbyterian Church, taking a strong exception to the Delhi High Court’s controversial legalisation of homosexuality, has urged Union Law Minister Verappa Moily to review the Delhi Court Judgment on IPC Section 377. ‘Homosexuality is against all religious ethics and the culture of Indian society. We feel that the Indian society is safeguarded by the IPC Section 377 from unnatural and anti-social behaviour. Hence we are of the opinion that there is no need of legalising homosexuality in our country,’ the Church, in a letter written to the Union, said. ‘Homosexuality is fundamentally against the family structure and legalising it will destroy the fundamental nature of family unit of life,’ the Church felt. Therefore, it has consistently opposed gay relationship for the reason that it considers the ‘family’ as something sacred and as a crucial basic unit of society. ‘Homosexuality is against the natural order of God’s purpose in creating both sexes. Anything that ges against the natural order des not last over time and will have negative impact on the lives of the people and society,’ the Church said. ‘The society has the right to consider the ethical and moral aspects in an individual’s life. We are of the strong opinion that legality should never challenge ethical and moral standard of the society. It is on this basis that the Church finds this judgment unacceptable,’ the Church told the Union minister. Stating that homosexuals comprise only of 0.3 per cent of the Indian population, the Church also felt that the right of the rest 99.7 per cent of the population to lead a decent and moral life in the society would be undermined if gay sex is legalised. ‘We strongly urge your good office to seek a thoughtful review of the verdict and retain a good standard of social ethical values in our country, known for upholding its traditional values for centuries. And we lock forward to a prompt and speedy response that befits the urgency with which this burning issue should be addressed,’ the Church pleaded Kapil Sibal.
http://www.indlaw.com/guest/DisplayNews.aspx?3882BB13-0544-4923-8680-B78FD80873CA

It's funny - when you say "chaddi brigade" why do people assume it is a target to Hindu fundamentalists? Monkeys see monkeys perhaps. People need to understand that "chaddi brigades" cut through caste, religions etc. Here's an example of a different religion "chaddi brigage"
Dont be so gullible.. When the comment "Chaddi brigade" is accompanied by articles about only one relegion, then its to target only one relegion.

Dont be so gullible.. When the comment "Chaddi brigade" is accompanied by articles about only one relegion' date=' then its to target only one relegion.[/quote'] AFAIK, it was used to target Subramaniam Swamy and his "divine followers" on Twitter when the first time I read about it here. IMO, the problem starts when people turn too defensive about - my religion, my faith, my community etc.

AFAIK' date=' it was used to target Subramaniam Swamy and his "divine followers" on Twitter when the first time I read about it here. IMO, the problem starts when people turn too defensive about - my religion, my faith, my community etc.[/quote'] Yes I do care about my relegion/faith .. check this thread for correlation of chaddi-brigade with any other relegion other than Hindu & you will find it to be ZERO again even you havent been too subtle about using Monkey reference & Chaddi brigade.. I dont care whether you are relegious or not, but I do care about someone repeatedly belittling mine

Yes I do care about my relegion/faith .. check this thread for correlation of chaddi-brigade with any other relegion other than Hindu & you will find it to be ZERO again even you havent been too subtle about using Monkey reference & Chaddi brigade.. I dont care whether you are relegious or not, but I do care about someone repeatedly belittling mine
Huh? You missed me completely. The "chaddi brigage" comment did not start on this thread - it started AFAIK on the Subramaniam Swamy thread in the Politics section. I don't see how that correlates with any religion. You see what you want to see. Now, I understand you care about your religion but your overtly defensive posturing for your religion is not a basis for me to not comment or critique on fundamentalists. Just like you don't take into account panther/asim's "care" before posting a critique or castigating Muslim fundamentalists. It's a bit rich to expect for others to do something which one doesn't do himself. Finally, what is stopping you from posting comments which criticize other religion leaders stance on this thread? It's a forum to freely express your opinions - so please exercise your right.

@DM , problem is not about being defensive about our religion , problem is if we start offensive about other religion we face ban situations.Looks likes rules works only one way. It's very very clear that Chaddi brigade word is used specifically to target one group,you can do a search in this thread itself. No problem if people use all examples , problem arises only when certain groups/parties targeted [again this thread is a live example],i guess more than half of posts are on why one party not opposing 377 rather than actual problems LBGT's are facing. [again do a search in this thread] Also some posters repeatedly saying who stops to posting against other religions just indicates provocation rather than discussion. what is more important having a discussion or go about religions/parties? if all people start throwing examples against every religion thread will be simply closed.

Also some posters repeatedly saying who stops to posting against other religions just indicates provocation rather than discussion. what is more important having a discussion or go about religions/parties? if all people start throwing examples against every religion thread will be simply closed.
The posters saying that are mods & how will they buy Supercars if the traffic doesnt keep flowing ? :winky:

Can you share the law which bans consumption of beef in India? Only Cattle slaughter is banned (different legislation in different states and puts conditions)' date= not the consumption. Anyways this is totally offtopic, so we can continue this discussion on another thread. there was a thread in the politics forum
How to consume cattle without slaughtering it? :hmmmm2: Eat them alive?

@DM , problem is not about being defensive about our religion , problem is if we start offensive about other religion we face ban situations.Looks likes rules works only one way. It's very very clear that Chaddi brigade word is used specifically to target one group,you can do a search in this thread itself. No problem if people use all examples , problem arises only when certain groups/parties targeted [again this thread is a live example],i guess more than half of posts are on why one party not opposing 377 rather than actual problems LBGT's are facing. [again do a search in this thread] Also some posters repeatedly saying who stops to posting against other religions just indicates provocation rather than discussion. what is more important having a discussion or go about religions/parties? if all people start throwing examples against every religion thread will be simply closed.
Bulbul - With all due respect, we observe this the other way round as well. You wouldn't find me complaining unless it is a clear incendiary post. Also, you may note that until BJP gave a comment - the main focus of this thread was a discussion on LGBT rights. In this particular thread, the reason why BJP was targeted was because of the reasons it gave to support Section 377 and the comment of its president. Btw, think about this - if Congress would've given the same statement wouldn't you and other people mock the "secular" sh!t out of them? I think it works both ways. Finally, in case you feel that other religion heads like AIMB, Churches etc. have posted completely BS comments please post on this thread. In the current scenario, I see more of the following case - You don't post the BS of my religion and I wouldn't post the BS of yours. A thread would get locked IF you the discussion is religious. In the current scenario, the discussion is on LGBT rights and how religious fundamentalists are preventing it by giving bizarre reasons. I'm sure if we stick to the topic (like we've done for most of this thread) this won't get locked. But if you view this thread as "Hey, he said something about my religion now I need to find something stupid about his" obviously it is no longer on topic and the mods are forced to lock the thread.

Also, you may note that until BJP gave a comment - the main focus of this thread was a discussion on LGBT rights. In this particular thread, the reason why BJP was targeted was because of the reasons it gave to support Section 377 and the comment of its president. Btw, think about this - if Congress would've given the same statement wouldn't you and other people mock the "secular" sh!t out of them? I think it works both ways. Finally, in case you feel that other religion heads like AIMB, Churches etc. have posted completely BS comments please post on this thread. In the current scenario, I see more of the following case - You don't post the BS of my religion and I wouldn't post the BS of yours.
Target BJP & VHP for all you want.. maligning an entire community of one relegion, thats where one gets irked.

Target BJP & VHP for all you want.. maligning an entire community of one relegion' date= thats where one gets irked.
Absolutely and that shouldn't happen. I get a feeling you think that "Chaddi Brigade" was an attempt to do the same. If so, you couldn't me more wrong. Personally, I see it for the followers of Subramaniam Swamy on Twitter.