Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

This is beating around the bush. Not in distant memorg two onsenting adults have been prosecuted under 377 nor booked as criminals. This whole criminalization thing is just rhetoric.
Are you sure you are not talking to yourself when you talk of beating around the bush? Looking at your posts in this thread it sure seems like it. Regarding actual bookings under this law, i don't know how you can state so confidently that nobody's been booked? Even if your "distant memory" is correct and 0 people have been arrested, constitution still sets a precedent for everyone’s behavior. It legitimizes everybody’s hate. It is telling all the haters their hate is correct. So the fight against constitution is an important part of the larger fight against society for approval. They can’t just let it stand without putting up a fight. How can you expect them to just continue with their lives while knowing that the most important authority for telling everybody what’s right and what’s wrong in the country calls them criminal just for being themselves? Anyway I don’t get people’s hate and fear in this thread. Personal discomfort with homosexual acts is ok. I don’t think you can change that. But you cannot use personal discomfort as the supreme unstated factor for backing this law and putting up one idiotic defense after another. Can’t people learn to separate the two and use some basic human sympathy? What are we now, an insecure pakistan clone backing blasphemy laws?

BJP breaks silence on Sec 377' date= says party will never support homosexuality Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/bjp-breaks-silence-on-sec-377-says-part-will-never-support-homosexuality-1286933.html?utm_source=ref_article
It will be interesting to see how indian organizations from the west and prominent nris, backing bjp, react to this stance.

^ there are more important issues in the country for the BJP supporters to form an opinion about BJP's stand on various issues... Life and daily feck goes on for LGBT community... They are not stopping their daily feck for a Supreme Court decision....it's not the end of the World...

^ there are more important issues in the country for the BJP supporters to form an opinion about BJP's stand on various issues... Life and daily feck goes on for LGBT community... They are not stopping their daily feck for a Supreme Court decision....it's not the end of the World...
daily feck? calm down

Are you sure you are not talking to yourself when you talk of beating around the bush? Looking at your posts in this thread it sure seems like it. Regarding actual bookings under this law, i don't know how you can state so confidently that nobody's been booked? Even if your "distant memory" is correct and 0 people have been arrested, constitution still sets a precedent for everyone’s behavior. It legitimizes everybody’s hate. It is telling all the haters their hate is correct. So the fight against constitution is an important part of the larger fight against society for approval. They can’t just let it stand without putting up a fight. How can you expect them to just continue with their lives while knowing that the most important authority for telling everybody whatsoever’s right and what’s wrong in the country calls them criminal just for being themselves? Anyway I don’t get people’s hate and fear in this thread. Personal discomfort with homosexual acts is ok. I don’t think you can change that. But you cannot use personal discomfort as the supreme unstated factor for backing this law and putting up one idiotic defense after another. Can’t people learn to separate the two and use some basic human sympathy? What are we now, an insecure pakistan clone backing blasphemy laws?
some people are being defensive for bjp i guess. Some think its not a significant issue while it actually is one of the more significant issues.

we aren't talking abt marriage my friend.
As per Indian constitution, all unnatural sex is illegal, this means oral sex, **** sex, etc are all illegal. Has this ever been implemented? Has any arrest been made so far? As far as I know, guys can still stay together and sleep in a room. And what they do at night in their privacy is nobody's business. So the only thing where tabs can be kept is on public acceptance of sexual relationship (i.e marriage)

As per Indian constitution, all unnatural sex is illegal, this means oral sex, **** sex, etc are all illegal. Has this ever been implemented? Has any arrest been made so far? As far as I know, guys can still stay together and sleep in a room. And what they do at night in their privacy is nobody's business. So the only thing where tabs can be kept is on public acceptance of sexual relationship (i.e marriage)
They should be protected by law and by judgments. Even if LGBTs are 2% that makes their e populations 2.5 cr in India. Open to exploitation, ridicule and not getting accepted. Parents will and do often tell them to take psychological treatment, humiliate them they feel frustrated parents will even suggest them to take electric shock therapy police can exploit them. We got to support them as they need support. Not each one of them but as a community of LGBTs.

Except a small fringe of right wing numbnuts, I don't see anyone worked up about decriminalizing homosexuality. And these are the kind of idiots who oppose Valentine's day and girls going to pubs as well so I don't see why rest of civil society should be held hostage to their whims and fancies The Delhi HC order has been in place for 4 years now and there was no uproar when it was announced. People really don't care much about it and there is absolutely no reason why homosexuals should be persecuted.
See, what BJP is doing. I told you, political parties will not do what the majority does not want. As much as BJP's stance looks backward and idiotic to you and me, believe me, they have the support of people and their appreciation. They are, right now, being looked at as a party with the balls for standing up for "moral values".

Some really low class posts in this thread for sure 1) For one time in your life at least have the strength to take a stand for right or wrong. Stop politicizing every single human right issue. You might be deep in love with your BJP or your life might revolve around congress hate. But that still does not mean you do not have a brain to recognize right and wrong. 2) This is a question of basic human rights. Nothing more, nothing less. Where you stand on such issues define you as a human being 3) Stop trivializing this. It is not the matter of gays not having sex. It is about them not being discriminated in society. From our movies to our society to our repressed thinking, everything makes a gay persons life hell in India. If still gays are coming out openly, it is because of their own courage 4) If your sense of right or wrong, morality or immorality, is based on a) how many people are affected or b) what your favorite party supports, there is something seriously lacking in you as a human being There is a reason when gay rights were accepted in many countries, it was considered a historical moment. And it was not because these countries didn't have other major problems. Stop thinking in terms of party and politics for once in your life Think of this way, are all your decisions, your morality governed by what your favorite party supports? Is that how you are as a human being?

why don't you share your search results?
No need. Just a Few minutes back they were showing on times now, a lesbian telling how she was stripped and harassed by police, gays telling how they were forcefully married to girl, how people ridicule them saying hijra, chhakka etc, parents calling for electric shock treatment etc. Imagine if we were gays from backward families, we are just reaching puberty we don't even know we are gays and society doesn't even accept us and ridicules us. It would have been extremely hard for us.