Supreme Court pronounces gay sex illegal

Stuge

4) If your sense of right or wrong, morality or immorality, is based on a) how many people are affected or b) what your favorite party supports, there is something seriously lacking in you as a human being
The phrase you're looking for is "Tyranny of the Majority". Save those posts - it will be fun when the boot is on the other foot. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

@sarchasm i am accusing no one in this thread. most people have genuine good intentions but (wrongly) think tht its not a significant issue. there may well be 1-2 cr lgbts in india and such judgements and laws help them immensely. Its quite clear that a large percentage of LGBTs have to face trouble, ridicule, harassment, distress dealing with their parents, relatives, friends, various other people tht they have to face and society in general. It is quite clear that that is because of backwardness of society. It is quite clear that by having (both) appropriate laws and judgements, we are challenging the backwardness, giving acceptance to lgbts in eyes of parents, people like ramdev etc thereby Giving lgbts a good chance of improving their situation. will try n post the times now video too if I find it

Some really low class posts in this thread for sure 1) For one time in your life at least have the strength to take a stand for right or wrong. Stop politicizing every single human right issue. You might be deep in love with your BJP or your life might revolve around congress hate. But that still does not mean you do not have a brain to recognize right and wrong. 2) This is a question of basic human rights. Nothing more, nothing less. Where you stand on such issues define you as a human being 3) Stop trivializing this. It is not the matter of gays not having sex. It is about them not being discriminated in society. From our movies to our society to our repressed thinking, everything makes a gay persons life hell in India. If still gays are coming out openly, it is because of their own courage 4) If your sense of right or wrong, morality or immorality, is based on a) how many people are affected or b) what your favorite party supports, there is something seriously lacking in you as a human being There is a reason when gay rights were accepted in many countries, it was considered a historical moment. And it was not because these countries didn't have other major problems. Stop thinking in terms of party and politics for once in your life Think of this way, are all your decisions, your morality governed by what your favorite party supports? Is that how you are as a human being?
Oh So discrimination against gays in our society is such a burning issue right now right?So Women rights,Child rights,Racial discrimination based on Skin Color etc should take a backseat to frickin gay rights.....Lol......How many recognised gays are there in india to begin with...a 100? maybe 500 max? Am I missing something ,does this gay rights cover eunuchs too....chalo in that case I will make it say 10,000 out of a billion.....Any party issuing a statement about this is even a waste of time. Atleast AAP builds castles in air about burning issue like corruption :giggle: atleast their speeches and agendas gets me as pumped up as I am watching a Sunny Paaji or Nana Patekar movie. Anyways 5 pages on this topic by Wannabe liberals,let me give you a advice,move on.......might be an uncool thing to say,this issue is better of being buried than making a big deal about..

Oh So discrimination against gays in our society is such a burning issue right now right?So Women rights,Child rights,Racial discrimination based on Skin Color etc should take a backseat to frickin gay rights.....Lol......How many recognised gays are there in india to begin with...a 100? maybe 500 max? Am I missing something ,does this gay rights cover eunuchs too....chalo in that case I will make it say 10,000 out of a billion.....Any party issuing a statement about this is even a waste of time. Atleast AAP builds castles in air about burning issue like corruption :giggle: atleast their speeches and agendas gets me as pumped up as I am watching a Sunny Paaji or Nana Patekar movie. Anyways 5 pages on this topic by Wannabe liberals,let me give you a advice,move on.......might be an uncool thing to say,this issue is better of being buried than making a big deal about..
correct me if im wrong, but there are 2.5 million declared homosexuals in India. Atleast thats what I heard :hmmm:

maniac, pls be a little serious, man.

According to a Williams Institute review conducted in April 2011, approximately 3.8% of American adults identify themselves either as lesbian or gay (1.70%), bisexual (1.80%), or transgender (0.30%); which would correspond to approximately 9 million of adult[1] Americans as of the 2010 Census
3.8 % of india population (120 crores) would be arnd 4.56 crores.

correct me if im wrong' date=' but there are 2.5 million declared homosexuals in India. Atleast thats what I heard :hmmm:[/quote'] Had no clue about the number...may be I should have googled it..... Do these people vote as groups too :hmmm: Anyways let us ignore women's rights,Child abuse because a man needs to get it in the poop hole :yay: or Scissoring makes the world go on :woot:

Had no clue about the number...may be I should have googled it..... Do these people vote as groups too :hmmm: Anyways let us ignore women's rights,Child abuse because a man needs to get it in the poop hole :yay: or Scissoring makes the world go on :woot:
why cant you fight for women's rights, laws against child abuse, and make sure LGBT get their rights too? Is one mutually exclusive to the other?

maniac, pls be a little serious, man. 3.8 % of india population (120 crores) would be arnd 4.56 crores.
I am serious,I am pro-life and Pro-choice and would have taken this issue a little more seriously but making this a central topic with all the other ****p that has been going on since decades or in some cases centuries is serious trolling on its own. Our channels try to mimic cnbc and other pro-liberal media just because that makes them seem relevant.....And the "supporters" follow suit by taking up these iussus because it makes them "cool"

Oh So discrimination against gays in our society is such a burning issue right now right?So Women rights,Child rights,Racial discrimination based on Skin Color etc should take a backseat to frickin gay rights.....Lol......How many recognised gays are there in india to begin with...a 100? maybe 500 max?
100...500 max :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Who said anything about anything taking a backseat to gay rights. The fight for equality on other issues have been going on for decades and have been equally opposed by the bigots at the time too. This is yet another issue that has to argued simultaneously. If we wait for one problem to be solved before moving on to the next one, the fight for equal rights for scheduled castes will be the only one and everything will have to take a backseat to it.

why cant you fight for women's rights' date=' laws against child abuse, and make sure LGBT get their rights too? I[b']s one mutually exclusive to the other?
No....my problem is this issue taking precedence over all other issues....the very fact that this has a pro or anti bill gainst it specifically shows it is politicized....Do you really think politicians care about anyone let alone LGBT....In a sensitive country like ours it is better to not shake up a few topics when they are not exactly a major problem

I am serious,I am pro-life and Pro-choice and would have taken this issue a little more seriously but making this a central topic with all the other ****p that has been going on since decades or in some cases centuries is serious trolling on its own. Our channels try to mimic cnbc and other pro-liberal media just because that makes them seem relevant.....And the "supporters" follow suit by taking up these iussus because it makes them "cool"
yeah, because there are only gay people in the US. India mein toh everyone is 100% straight, except maybe a 100 or 500 max :giggle:

Its not just abt a n a l sex my friend. pls read following earlier posts of mine if you havent already - http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2682069&postcount=166 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2682024&postcount=162 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2681978&postcount=158 Pls try n appreciate this as a very significant issue.

No....my problem is this issue taking precedence over all other issues....the very fact that this has a pro or anti bill gainst it specifically shows it is politicized....Do you really think politicians care about anyone let alone LGBT....In a sensitive country like ours it is better to not shake up a few topics when they are not exactly a major problem
well for past 4 years Delhi HC judgement was in place. all the straight people in India didnt give a crap about what the gays do in their life because they have their own problems in making sure kids get a good education, trying to find a job, combating the rising inflation, etc. So I dont see how people can think its a major problem.

100...500 max :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Who said anything about anything taking a backseat to gay rights. The fight for equality on other issues have been going on for decades and have been equally opposed by the bigots at the time too. This is yet another issue that has to argued simultaneously. If we wait for one problem to be solved before moving on to the next one, the fight for equal rights for scheduled castes will be the only one and everything will have to take a backseat to it.
So what is the point of this bill to begin with. Now Gay Sex is illegal ok....i am a little curious here(no pun intended) So If 2 guys/2 gals end up having sex....how will they be arrested unless they surrender themselves if it is consensual no one would do that. So if they get caught doing it in public....Isn't there an existing law against that or is the offence different for different holes? Now if it was forcible among the same sex-There are atleast on paper strong enough laws to tackle rape. So the point of this bill is????

well for past 4 years Delhi HC judgement was in place. all the straight people in India didnt give a crap about what the gays do in their life because they have their own problems in making sure kids get a good education' date=' trying to find a job, combating the rising inflation, etc. So I dont see how people can think its a major problem.[/quote'] Exactly my point sir....thank you....Long live Pujara

See' date=' what BJP is doing. I told you, political parties will not do what the majority does not want. As much as BJP's stance looks backward and idiotic to you and me, believe me, they have the support of people and their appreciation. They are, right now, being looked at as a party with the balls for standing up for "moral values".[/quote'] Well, the congress is for once taking a stand, which in itself is surprising. Consensual sex has been decriminalized by the HC since 2009, and no one made an issue about it back then. BJP doesnt want to rock the boat on the road to elections by going against the core group of the chaddi brigade which is against homosexuality and amongst their most passionate supporters. Otherwise, even most of the BJP supporters would not oppose homosexuality, atleast openly. Decriminalization is important because it is the first step to total equal rights which include marriage and adoption rights. How can the parliament support any gay rights laws till homosexual activity is in itself illegal

Well, the congress is for once taking a stand, which in itself is surprising. Consensual sex has been decriminalized by the HC since 2009, and no one made an issue about it back then. BJP doesnt want to rock the boat on the road to elections by going against the core group of the chaddi brigade which is against homosexuality and amongst their most passionate supporters. Otherwise, even most of the BJP supporters would not oppose homosexuality, atleast openly. Decriminalization is important because it is the first step to total equal rights which include marriage and adoption rights. How can the parliament support any gay rights laws till homosexual activity is in itself illegal
In India if they gave a gay couple the right to adopt,it in itself would be an abuse of child rights....can you imagine a kid in India growing up to gay parents. Our society is not ready for this yet