Assassination attempt on Bhutto, more than 100 ppl killed !

varun

I'm so sick of american news channels .. An excerpt, "So diane, do they think its Terrorists (with deep voice for the T-word)" "Yes john, its the work of terrorists, we in the US should be worried because what happens in Pak affects us *directly*" WTF, damn no wonder the American ppl are so lost in terms of world politics ... THEY DON"T KNOW **** AND ALL THE CHANNELS ARE SOOOOOOOOOO BIASED. I mean when I watch it I get such a good laugh, only to realise that some of my friends are taking what they're saying seriously!! :whatchutalkingabout

An update on the happenings, Bhutto has blamed Al-Qaeda and Taliban elements for the attack on her , though both her Husband Asif Zardari and Nawaz Sharif have openly come out naming the govt for being behind this dastardly act. America and other western powers have come out in statements along the lines of " Terror forces shouldnt come in the way of democracy in pakistan" meaning that they have given a strong message to Mussharraf. If indeed Mussharaf was behind this , it could spell the death-knell to his helm at power. A failed assassination attempt is the worst possible thing one could do a political enemy. It lifts that person's popularity , galvanizes the grass roots cadres and changes the whole political momentum. Also , it could also mean the Jehadi elements within the pakistan society have grown increasingly out of the control of the central establishment and are now operating to their whims and fancies, which is bad news for India. A politically instable pakistan , with the terror elements getting more and more extra-judicial is a disaster for India, considering that pakistan is now a nuclear armed country. The world is watching with keen eyes , so is India.

Indians sometimes are oblivious or worse derive sillent pleasure at Pakistan's troubles. They fail to realize that our long term well-being depends largely on how pakistan sustains its nation building. A failed pakistan means the effects will be felt in India too. It is in our interest to see Pakistan do well , politically and economically.

but a somewhat stable pakistan has always been a menace for india... i think it will be better if pakistan gets entangled in civil war for a longer period of time... in the mean time india can surge ahead with its economical and military develppments... i think pakistan will go through another division of land in the time to come...the NWFP will disassociate itself from pakistan main land.. or a simple military and tactical control of nuclear arsenals by an other nation will solve a lot of problems... or a complete destruction of nuclear facilities... a nuclear armed pakistan is the biggest danger to the world peace..

What does doing well politically mean? Democracy' date= like ours? :D
Your comment might have been tongue-in-cheek Yoda but raise a very interesting question. What does doing well politically mean? I suppose if I had to answer that in one word it would be Peace. You are doing well politically as a country if you are at peace within and without. It is strange that in some ways I have always scoffed at that word. Any religion/culture literally places the highest status on peace. So you hear - Go in Peace, May Peace be upon you and so on. I would say that Pakistanis today would be willing to do anything just to have peace in their country, much ahead of prosperity, open-mindedness(or orthodoxy if you are cynical) etc. xxx

What does doing well politically mean? Democracy' date=' like ours? :D[/quote'] Just have a stable , in-control govt , be it the military or the political parties. The more i think of it now , the more i feel Bhutto's decision to go on a public convoy is a massive judgmental error. She has put her party cadres in unwanted risk , all because she thought it would make for her dramatic re-entry into Pakistan politik. Close to 150 people dead , that is a massive death toll for a suicide bombing. Must have been a very powerful blast plus the fact that there was so much crowd. Some of visuals of people literally dropping on the road dead is really heart-wrenching. Another point to note is that the Indian media has been giving a lot of coverage to this incident. Terror attacks arent new in Pakistan and this particular incident has received unusually high attention from the media-houses. The more global media attention Bhutto gets , the better for her. Now the military will have no option but to ensure her security and go after the terrorists.

This woman has absolutely no shame. First she loots the country of hundreds of millions of dollars, then she manipulates the government into dropping her charges and comes back WHEN SHE WAS CLEARLY TOLD AN ATTACK WAS PLANNED. Facts: 1. She was told attacks were planned. 2. She KNEW she would be surrounded by thousands of people. 3. She neglected the well-being of her supporters. 4. If anyone has anything to gain from this tragedy....it's her. In the end, innocent lives are lost but what's it to her. She comes out unscathed and this will actually help her. ugh. Sidenote: Pakistan has enough problems internally. And although that hurts, it's not so bad because it means there's hope to actually work it out. But what sucks is that there are all these external entities that want to destabilize Pakistan. And all that stems for one thing: Pakistan is the only Muslim country with nuclear weapons capabilities. It's hard managing a country with so many complex issues as Pakistan, but when you add the fact that people outside want Pakistan down, there's just no chance. At this point there's nothing one can do but hope for the best.

i have seen enough deaths of innocent indians caused by Pakistan backed Terrorists and Pakstan Govt that..i am insensitive towards the blast in Karachi... i felt no sadness..no remorse that more than 100 people were killed... lets not forget that its the same people of pakistan..who supported their pakistani army in kargil and all other wars.. so more death to those who killed or had hand in killing innocent indians...or those who support such people.... Lets not forget that these are the same people...who supported Taliban...and al-qaida...

Going by the events in last 3/4 months, looks like Allah is mightly p!ssed off with Pakistan or has started to love more??. But as with all high profile failed bomb blasts, this event will help BB. She anyway could not have campaigned going gali-gali as Taliban would have 'received' her anyway. What better way to create a bang, get an excuse to not do agressive campaign and yet win the election.

Sorry to sound "insensitive". But, these are the very same people who would put money in the petrol pump collection boxes of groups like Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed for creating trouble in India and killing KPs and soldiers in Kashmir valley. What were once mujaheddin for islamic republic of Pakistan are slowly being recognised as terrorists by same Islamic State of Pakistan. Poetic justice indeed!!! The money these worthless people gave away to "free" their so called Ummah brethren in Kashmir has led to their deaths. Btw...Any news on the 250 kidnapped soldiers? Are they alive or have they gone to meet their 72 bakris in Jannat?

Sad stuff... as long as there is military ruling the country there is going to be unrest. This trend has been noticed through out the world. US of A, that is so much interested in helping the likes of Afgan and Iraq get democracy aren't helping Pakistan get democracy?

USA thinks ONLY their INTEREST --- and rightly So!! Every country-- including India needs to get competitive militarily to survive. We should not cry and moan that evil USA is not supporting democracy et al....They do it wherever their interest merge with principle of democracy-- otherwise they will shove democracy down the gutter. CIA funded evangelicals convert tribals in north-east and supporting insurgency in Tripura -- how many of us know this?? It's the struggle for survival of the fittest....don't look for USA or any wetsern power. Be your own destiny maker!! As far as Pakistan is concerned, they are reaping, what they have sown....radical Islamism is a deadly virus which will not rest till extinction of it's host. It's not USA which asks Paki mullahs to follow Wahhabi doctrine of Puritanic Islam and promise of 72, Jannat etc....... Unless Muslims realize this reality -- the world will continue to suffer due to spillage of this virus.