Ipl Auctions 2014

PAA-G

what the hell is DD's management team thinking?just retain davey' date='kp and morkel in a go,most important players these guys,hopefully DD aint creating a mess for themselves like the last time[/quote'] The biggest mess was created after IPL3 when Greg Shipphard let go the likes of AB,Gauti,Dilshan,Nannes,Vettori and few others and again it seems they are doing the same though who know's KP with his problems with Andy Flower and England may not have committed and may be Warner wants more money could be wrong though.

IPL franchises grapple with retention rules http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2014/content/story/708497.html Should they spend two-thirds of their purse to retain five players, leaving them with a third of the money to buy the rest of the squad? Or should they release everyone and utilise the right-to-match cards in the auction to buy back the players they want? Should they retain just a couple of players or, balancing finances with team-building, retain the maximum of five to maintain the core of the team? These are some of the questions that the eight IPL franchises have been grappling with since the IPL released its retention rules last month. Ahead of Friday's deadline for submitting their retention lists to the IPL, franchises admit that the exercise has been challenging, with some even suggesting the negotiations put in danger the team's relationship with the player. The one thing that's clear is that there will be many reasons other than cricket dictating whether a player is retained or ends up in the auction. The biggest hurdles for the franchises have been figuring out how to best utilise the right-to-match cards, a first-time feature of the auction, and how to deal with players' often inflated demands. The second point arises because player and franchise have to agree upon a salary, which brings up the issue of negotiations. The right-to-match card allows IPL franchises to buy back a specific number of the players they have released for the auction, by matching the highest bid those players attract; if they match the bid they win the player. The card was recommended by the IPL primarily to help franchises retain a bigger core group of players. However, franchises will have to balance their wishlist against their purse. "If you retain five players you spend Rs 390 out of Rs 600 million, which is 65% of the purse. So you are left with one-third of the purse to buy another 20 players to complete the squad," a franchise head told ESPNcricinfo. In 2011, when retention was first introduced, only Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians retained the maximum of four players, and the amount each paid for all four - $4.8 million - was far less than the $6.5 million Kolkata Knight Riders paid at the auction for Gautam Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan and Jacques Kallis. Have franchises learned from this experience? "If I have four players I want to retain, it will be smarter to do that because you will probably get them cheaper that way than at the auction," an official said. "But the downside is that the negotiations between the franchise and player can get messy because the player thinks he is worth more than being offered. When the haggling starts, it is madness." The hard bargaining is done mostly by Indian players, because of the gap between demand - each team must have seven Indians - and supply. The problem is aggravated by the fact that the IPL has specified amounts to be deducted from the purse for each player retained, which some players are reportedly interpreting as their salary and so pushing for that figure to be paid to them. Players are now expecting the kind of money Knight Riders paid to get Gambhir - he was the most expensive player, bought for $2.4 million - at the 2011 auction, franchise officials say. There is also the danger of the franchise haggling too much with a player it is keen to retain. What would happen, for example, if a senior player agrees to a salary that is far lower than he is worth and then sees juniors picked up for more at the auction - how will that go down in an ego-heavy dressing-room? And how will that player motivate himself? Even allowing market forces to determine a player's price at the auction isn't a good tactic, franchise officials say, because players could feel unwanted. Being put up for auction indicates that salary negotiations have broken down, leaving the player to wonder about the loyalty factor after being at a franchise for three years or more. In the end it's all down to simple man management. There is a caveat for the player too: if he opts out of retention, feeling he can get a better price at the auction, he runs the risk of not being picked up at the price he has set for himself. For instance, M Vijay or R Ashwin, both Super Kings loyalists, might opt for the auction pool with the notion that Super Kings may use the right-to-match card, only to find that other franchises are not pressing for them in the bidding. Some franchises are contemplating not retaining any players, which will give them a full purse at the auction and also three right-to-match cards in case they want to buy back any of their original players. The risk is obvious: the franchise might end up paying more than what it would have bargained for. There is a downside to going halfway with retention too, as one official pointed out. "There is no point in just retaining two or three players," the official said. "Retaining three - as Royal Challengers Bangalore have done - gives you only one match card, and with half the purse you have to buy three or four high-priced players. So it is prudent to retain all five, and get a sixth through the card. You can build a team around six very good players."

Are Pakistan players up for auction? Ryan ten do another good player
DD should go big on Ryan Ten do ..brings experience of T20 leagues around the world and dual skills - batting and bowling ..KKR has done injustice to him by benching him for so long ..Ryan Ten do can be a regular starter for DD ..I would be ready to bid upto 4.5 crores for him:two_thumbs_up:

DD should go big on Ryan Ten do ..brings experience of T20 leagues around the world and dual skills - batting and bowling ..KKR has done injustice to him by benching him for so long ..Ryan Ten do can be a regular starter for DD ..I would be ready to bid upto 4.5 crores for him:two_thumbs_up:
Yes he is a seasoned T20 player hope he does not go back to KKR through RTM.

what the hell is DD's management team thinking?just retain davey' date='kp and morkel in a go,most important players these guys,hopefully DD aint creating a mess for themselves like the last time[/quote'] DD supporters :giggle: don't worry your management have whole budget to bid bigger if needed :winky:

are you going to make overseas 11? :hatsoff: DD supporters :hysterical:
Garry is looking for good Indian batsman that's his formula.I for one won't mind having Pujara in the DD squad sure he may not score swiftly but still can develop his game with time won't mind him leading the Delhi squad.

Garry is looking for good Indian batsman that's his formula.I for one won't mind having Pujara in the DD squad sure he may not score swiftly but still can develop his game with time won't mind him leading the Delhi squad.
yeah its better to have new team :two_thumbs_up: other teams also wants good indian players, there are many to pick and Chepu will be in demand this time :dance: Uthappa also is there

yeah its better to have new team :two_thumbs_up: other teams also wants good indian players, there are many to pick and Chepu will be in demand this time :dance: Uthappa also is there
I think with Garry being there atleast he is a good man manager hope that he picks a sensible team.Yuvi will be in great demand Bhuvi as well lets see where they go.

Virat Kohli looking to rope in Yuvraj Singh for RCB http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Virat-Kohli-looking-to-rope-in-Yuvraj-Singh-for-RCB/articleshow/28849701.cms NEW DELHI: Team India may have dropped Yuvraj Singh but if Virat Kohli has his way the southpaw could be seen donning Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) jersey in the IPL this year. Insiders told TOI that Virat has already had a word with Yuvraj and expressed his wish to buy him at the auction. Yuvraj last played for Sahara Pune Warriors in IPL. Most teams are fleshing out their strategies for next month's auction in Bangalore and sources said other teams like Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils could also bid for the swashbuckling batsman. Interestingly, Kings XI Punjab, with whom Yuvraj has played three IPL seasons, have also shown an interest in the player because of his track-record. However, ties between Yuvraj and the Punjab franchisee were reportedly strained. While Yuvraj's recent form could be a worry, his T20 performances for Team India have been outstanding. The left-hander won four man-of-the-match awards in his last six international T20 matches. All eyes would be on Yuvraj when he turns out for Punjab in the Ranji Trophy semifinal against Karnataka, due to start from Friday. If he regains his touch it may well help his cause at the IPL auction. "He is a big match player. He will certainly be a top draw," a source added.

Virat Kohli looking to rope in Yuvraj Singh for RCB http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Virat-Kohli-looking-to-rope-in-Yuvraj-Singh-for-RCB/articleshow/28849701.cms NEW DELHI: Team India may have dropped Yuvraj Singh but if Virat Kohli has his way the southpaw could be seen donning Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) jersey in the IPL this year. Insiders told TOI that Virat has already had a word with Yuvraj and expressed his wish to buy him at the auction. Yuvraj last played for Sahara Pune Warriors in IPL. Most teams are fleshing out their strategies for next month's auction in Bangalore and sources said other teams like Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils could also bid for the swashbuckling batsman. Interestingly, Kings XI Punjab, with whom Yuvraj has played three IPL seasons, have also shown an interest in the player because of his track-record. However, ties between Yuvraj and the Punjab franchisee were reportedly strained. While Yuvraj's recent form could be a worry, his T20 performances for Team India have been outstanding. The left-hander won four man-of-the-match awards in his last six international T20 matches. All eyes would be on Yuvraj when he turns out for Punjab in the Ranji Trophy semifinal against Karnataka, due to start from Friday. If he regains his touch it may well help his cause at the IPL auction. "He is a big match player. He will certainly be a top draw," a source added.
Yuvraj will go for high price but will most likely be a dud.hope RCB gets him.

Indian Premier League: Mumbai Indians way for young Delhi bunch http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/indian-premier-league-mumbai-indians-way-for-young-delhi-bunch/#.UtbTvPuaKXU Delhi players — Milind Kumar, Varun Sood, Manan Sharma, Mohit Sharma and Pawan Negi — have been asked to report in Baroda on January 16 for a two day camp organised by IPL defending champions Mumbai Indians. All these players were informed by MI officials Paras Mhambrey and Rahul Sanghvi, about the franchise’s initiative to select players for the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League. The two-day camp, which seems like a selection trial, will likely feature practice games as it will make the task easier for the MI organisers to pick the best talent. The players that will eventually get selected are to be thrown into an open IPL auction from where they have a chance to get inducted into any of the IPL teams. While Pawan Negi is the only player to have IPL experience as he had featured for Delhi Daredevils, it will be a fresh experience for the rest. “It was a surprise for me when I received a call from Rahul Sanghvi some two days back. The biggest thing was that I wasn’t expecting any call from any franchise and when it came, it was from one of the best IPL teams. It is truly an opportunity and I will make sure that I give my best over there. One thing is clear that in these two days, the MI people will notice us properly and they will then judge whether we have it in ourselves. Rest, it’s a great learning chance,” says Delhi left-arm spinner Varun Sood, who picked up ten wickets in three matches this Ranji Trophy season. Apart from the current domestic season, the MI camp has certainly taken the 2013 edition of Challenger Trophy and the CK Nayudu Trophy in consideration. Since Milind Kumar has played just one Ranji Trophy match this season against Karnataka, his Challenger Trophy performances are certainly helping him now. His two half-century knocks in three matches in Indore in September are pushing his case for an IPL selection. “I think that they have taken the performance of list A into consideration as well. This year I have really done well in List A and I hope I do well in the matches to come. Right now there is just one thing on my mind that I have to score runs,” says Milind. With Mohit Sharma not getting a chance to play for the senior team this season, he has done enough in the CK Nayudu Trophy to earn a call-up. Sharma played three matches and scored 441 runs in five innings at 88.2 including a century and three half centuries. On the other hand, Manan Sharma, an allrounder has featured in three Ranji matches in 2013-14 and has a half century to his name against Gujarat. As a bowler, he couldn’t get many wickets but his spells have certainly been disciplined and have contained the run flow.