Please do not complain when the Indian players get abused down under!!

As an Indian, I am disappointed and disgusted by the racial chants (monkey noises and ****) by the crowd to Symonds. True he gets under our skin and shouting abuse is still OK, but not of a racial nature. Just because the Aussie crowds do it, you can do tit for tat. Bad behavior cannot justify bad beahavior. Apparently similar treatment has been handed to WI as well. This is sickening as in India we have people of all colors and creeds. Symonds is of aboriginal descent for Pete's sake and we have a lot of tribal population ourselves...a lot of dar skinned people.......so calling them monkeys in justified?? You know that when the Indians will go down under, the Aussie crowd will severly abuse them racially. So we cannot complain this time if we dish out the same garbage.

First if all, when it actually started..it wasn't racist. It was a mere tease; then it continued Symonds was caught in the crossfire, coz once anything is out in the media..well, u had it There are 45,000 people in a stadium...10 of those call him Monkey..so we punish 35,990 folks who came to enjoy the match ..kindly let me know your thoughts when Symonds warned us about Backlash?, so is he declaring a open war..is he asking the AUS crowd to racially taunt the whole team? This is from a different forum, a real honest post Although India has religious bias(hindu-muslim riots, sardarji's go crazy at 12'o clock), colour bias(fairer girls are more attractive), regional bias(everyone from the south are madrasi's), language bias(southern states refuse to adopt the national language), state bias(the bengali's supporting Ganguly when he needed to be dropped), caste bias(which is the worst), social or money bias(old money v/s nouveau riche) But racism in the form of what exists in the Western countries does not exist in India. They don't abuse foreigner's and tell them to go back home. They don't go around beating up local Chinese or Westerners, and they don't consider themselves superior to any other race(but they do think that they are more cultured). What happened with Symonds should not be compared to racial taunts in European football matches but more with when the Indian fans in Canada were teasing Inzy by calling him an Aloo(Potato). Animal insults in India are quite regular (monkey, donkey, goat, dog, buffalo etc). The Indian fans had just found something that they thought got under Symond's skin and were trying to get at him.

So danda, do you agree with how the Aussie crowds treated Murali ? I am yet to see an Aussie fan's outburst on their fans's behavior. For god's sake, these are all grown men. Symmo, the big man, the mentally strong, cannot handle such silly taunts from some imbeciles in a crowd ? Ironically the same Aussies taunt their opponents on the field under the guise of sledging, dont they ? Its ridiculous to blow this up as some kinda racial issue.

First if all, when it actually started..it wasn't racist. It was a mere tease; then it continued Symonds was caught in the crossfire, coz once anything is out in the media..well, u had it There are 45,000 people in a stadium...10 of those call him Monkey..so we punish 35,990 folks who came to enjoy the match ..kindly let me know your thoughts when Symonds warned us about Backlash?, so is he declaring a open war..is he asking the AUS crowd to racially taunt the whole team? This is from a different forum, a real honest post Although India has religious bias(hindu-muslim riots, sardarji's go crazy at 12'o clock), colour bias(fairer girls are more attractive), regional bias(everyone from the south are madrasi's), language bias(southern states refuse to adopt the national language), state bias(the bengali's supporting Ganguly when he needed to be dropped), caste bias(which is the worst), social or money bias(old money v/s nouveau riche) But racism in the form of what exists in the Western countries does not exist in India. They don't abuse foreigner's and tell them to go back home. They don't go around beating up local Chinese or Westerners, and they don't consider themselves superior to any other race(but they do think that they are more cultured). What happened with Symonds should not be compared to racial taunts in European football matches but more with when the Indian fans in Canada were teasing Inzy by calling him an Aloo(Potato). Animal insults in India are quite regular (monkey, donkey, goat, dog, buffalo etc). The Indian fans had just found something that they thought got under Symond's skin and were trying to get at him.
Look Symonds is a IDIOT.............I will be the last person to support him. But I am sure he received monkey chants because of his skin color. Racism based on skin color does not exist in India? HAAAAH! People who racially abuse are only a fraction of the crowd everywhere. Most of the folks come to the ground to watch and appreciate cricket. I am not blaming all the spectators for the fault of a handful, my gripe is with BCCI and the security in failing to enforce strict monitoring and throwing these people out. It was not one of two people doing it, it was a section of the folks doing it. And did you hear MS Dhoni officially criticizing it? As the home captain he should have. And I do not condone the Aussie behaviors either.....they are one of the worst in racially taunting the crowd. My point is when we get abused down under later this year (it will happen, trust me), we will have no grounds to complain as some of our folks dished out the same crap to them when they were here.
So danda' date=' do you agree with how the Aussie crowds treated Murali ? I am yet to see an Aussie fan's outburst on their fans's behavior. For god's sake, these are all grown men. Symmo, the big man, the mentally strong, cannot handle such silly taunts from some imbeciles in a crowd ? Ironically the same Aussies taunt their opponents on the field under the guise of sledging, dont they ? Its ridiculous to blow this up as some kinda racial issue.[/quote'] Of course I do not. Look I had a big row in CougarCricket forum about this with the Aussie forum members. But look at you.....you are trying to justify this the same way these Aussie forum members did........."Oh it is just one or two in the crowd...........". We need to diferent from THEM.
Look Symonds is a IDIOT.............I will be the last person to support. him But I am sure he received monkey chants because of his skin color. Racism based on skin color does not exist in India? HAAAAH! People who racially abuse are only a fraction of the crowd everywhere. Most of the folks come to the ground to watch and appreciate cricket. I am not blaming all the spectators for the fault of a handful, my gripe is with BCCI and the security in failing to enforce strict monitoring and throwing these people out. It was not one of two people doing it, it was a section of the folks doing it. And did you hear MS Dhoni officially criticizing it? As the home captain he should have. And I do not condone the Aussie behaviors either.....they are one of the worst in racially taunting the crowd. My point is when we get abused down under later this year (it will happen, trust me), we will have no grounds to complain as some of our folks dished out the same crap to them when they were here.
I still cannot understand how Symonds skin colour can be connected with a monkey? Similarly all Indian players are coloured too and can be compared to a money eh? I think you are creating racist rift here out of nothing. Of course I wouldn't like to see the players abused by the crowd but that is something that'll always go on. Some of the drunken idiots will get into it nevertheless. All that can be done is the cops to throw them out of the ground. There is nothing more you can do. BTW I'll give you a littl hint you can research on - "Bay 13" @ MCG Bay 13 at MCG historically is one of the worse crowd ever. The likes of Richard Hadlee was so fed up with their "Hadlee is a ******" chant he has accused the Aussie crowd as the worst ever. Even a kid as young as 7 or 8 year old was calling Hadlee a "******". I'm not justifying Indians taunting the players but just stating the fact. Never have I heard Ponting or Symonds addressing the MCG crowd and asking them to tone down on their abuse of the players. Unfortunately Indians will get a lot of abuse and that is something they cannot help. Whether you guys complain or not the abuse fest from the Aussie crowd will go on irrespective. Watch an individual get slagged off with the "******" chant in the video below. Looks like a whole lot of sorry people seem to enjoy the treatment at one guy.
I still cannot understand how Symonds skin colour can be connected with a monkey? Similarly all Indian players are coloured too and can be compared to a money eh? I think you are creating racist rift here out of nothing. Of course I wouldn't like to see the players abused by the crowd but that is something that'll always go on. Some of the drunken idiots will get into it nevertheless. All that can be done is the cops to throw them out of the ground. There is nothing more you can do. BTW I'll give you a littl hint you can research on - "Bay 36" @ MCG Bay 13 at MCG historically is one of the worse crowd ever. The likes of Richard Hadlee was so fed up with their "Hadlee is a ******" chant he has accused the Aussie crowd as the worst ever. Even a kid as young as 7 or 8 year old was calling Hadlee a "******". I'm not justifying Indians taunting the players but just stating the fact. Never have I heard Ponting or Symonds addressing the MCG crowd and asking them to tone down on their abuse of the players. Unfortunately Indians will get a lot of abuse and that is something they cannot help. Whether you guys complain or not the abuse fest from the Aussie crowd will go on irrespective.
Referring to a dark colored man as a monkey/primate and making primate noises is RACIST.....you can sugar coat it any way want, but it cannot stop the racist stench......it is a universal racist caricature......I think Symonds got singled out becuase of his skin color (he is the darkest in the Aussie side) , his WI/aborginal background, his hairstyle and the fact that he got under the skin of the crowd. Abusing him is OK, but monkey chants are not OK in my book. I ADMIT AUSSIE CROWDS ARE WORSE.................and India will get a lot of it later this year more so because of this......however, it is true that Ponting did make official statements (whether he believes it or not is another thing) that racism on cricket grounds (on the field and in the stands) are not acceptable last time when SA toured Australia. CA even took extra steps to install security guards who were ordered to throw any spectator out and banning him for life who was yelling racial abuse to players. I am not saying it worked bu the intent was there. Funny thing is that you almost never see this in a sports arena in America..........Hmmmm!
Referring to a dark colored man as a monkey/primate and making primate noises is RACIST.....you can sugar coat it any way want, but it cannot stop the racist stench......it is a universal racist caricature......I think Symonds got singled out becuase of his skin color (he is the darkest in the Aussie side) , his WI/aborginal background, his hairstyle and the fact that he got under the skin of the crowd. Abusing him is OK, but monkey chants are not OK in my book.
If it was universal I would have known. Maybe it's not so universal after all. Either way it is pathetic one's picked on his skin colour. Not that Symonds made it any easy either by questioning the hype surrounding the twenty20 WC and several other petty fights with the players on field. He doesn't deserve racist abuses but he was in for some abuse by the crowd unfortunately. How can you say if the Aussie crowd turn racist we should not complain? On what grounds is this fair? Just because a section of crowd abused Symonds racially you are ok for the Indian team to get abused racially elsewhere? I would complain every time there is a racial abuse directed at someone not with standing what team he is from. Why should that be stopped? You are quite silly to be honest. You on one hand condemn abuse handed by a section of Indian public but you think it is ok for the Aussies to do it now that the Indians have done it. You make up your mind on what you are suggesting please.

Well, the Indian authorities tried to make a statement by arresting four fans for making "racist" comments. IIRC, in Australia its the indian fans that are the victims of racist comments. If the Aussies have dished out racist comments at their fellow Indian fans, then do you expect them to respect the players? I dont think so.

If it was universal I would have known. Maybe it's not so universal after all. Either way it is pathetic one's picked on his skin colour. Not that Symonds made it any easy either by questioning the hype surrounding the twenty20 WC and several other petty fights with the players on field. He doesn't deserve racist abuses but he was in for some abuse by the crowd unfortunately. How can you say if the Aussie crowd turn racist we should not complain? On what grounds is this fair? Just because a section of crowd abused Symonds racially you are ok for the Indian team to get abused racially elsewhere? I would complain every time there is a racial abuse directed at someone not with standing what team he is from. Why should that be stopped? You are quite silly to be honest. You on one hand condemn abuse handed by a section of Indian public but you think it is ok for the Aussies to do it now that the Indians have done it. You make up your mind on what you are suggesting please.
You are not getting my point..........I did not say it is OK for Aussies to abuse......what I said was that we as Indians should not give them any extra incentive to go crazy with their abuse. Let it be clear, I do not condone racism of ANY kind, be it in India, Australia or anywhere. What I am saying is when the Indians get racially abused down under, and we throw up your arms in the air saying this is unjust, they will point fingers at us and say.........hey you guys dished the same crap at our players earlier this year. If you want to get caught up in that mudslinging it is up to you, I am not for that crap. When this happened here there should have more stern actions and criticisms from BCCI and the Indian players at least giving everybody the impression that they mean business. That was not the case.
when 10 out of 30' date=000 aussies in a stadium call Sreesanth a Chimp ,every time he is on ground, i am sure every Indian player and fan will take it sportingly.
That is exactly what is going to happen. He is going to have rough time with the crowd. I hope he does not have a meltdown. This Aussie crowd is one bad mo-fo.
I agree with Rajeev.It has been started in support of Shree.When they find Sumonds got irritated the crowd continued.No Racial on this.One more is reserved for Pieterson if at all he tours India.