Projectors???

dial_100

whats your take on this product? Very cheap but alll the reviews are outstanding for this product. DOes any one of you have a projector or know better about 'em. I am looking for a cheap option for my bedroom upstairs, sometimes want to watch a game on the big screen and sometimes hollywood movies. I dont care stunning picture quality but reasonable quality suffice for my choice.. Wonder if I could see the game by projecting on the wall with Wireless headset to go with it. http://www.ubid.com/Epson_MovieMate_25_Projector%2c_DVD_Player_%26_Speakers_*FREE_SHIPPING/a11154417.html

whats your take on this product? Very cheap but alll the reviews are outstanding for this product. DOes any one of you have a projector or know better about 'em. I am looking for a cheap option for my bedroom upstairs, sometimes want to watch a game on the big screen and sometimes hollywood movies. I dont care stunning picture quality but reasonable quality suffice for my choice.. Wonder if I could see the game by projecting on the wall with Wireless headset to go with it. http://www.ubid.com/Epson_MovieMate_25_Projector%2c_DVD_Player_%26_Speakers_*FREE_SHIPPING/a11154417.html
Projectors are great. I bought one couple of years or three ago and haven't had to change the lamp since. It's great for DVDs, TV and anything really. Gone are the projectors of old these days the projectors are of high quality and come with fantastic resolution. The only downfall I've noticed is that the room or the lounge you set up the projector should not be too bright. I have a toshiba projector that is wall mounted, I have a drag screen that is wall mounted and I'll have to confess nothing like watching on projector. No plasma or projection TVs can overtake the projectors for the the sheer life size images and a theaterical experience. I'm glad I invested on projector and not plasmas couple of years ago. I got the wall mount screen free with the projector.

Thanks Ravi and Sri. Yup even I think the same. I want something thats movable, especially when kids are having their friends at ours, it is kinda hard when all the kids occupy the living room to watch movie on the big screen. This projector w/ in-built speakers and DVD player I just have to pop-in a DVD for them in their play room and have the living room for us to sit and talk. Only thing I didnt understand well was with LCD projectors, they have a limitation of not using 'em for a long time, which I dont intend to anyway. One movie at the most or 4-6 hours of cricket if possible. Plus I hate to spend lot of money on electronics these days. Spend whole lot on our flat LCD and still regretting. So cheap option works better, have lot of breathing room..

There are two kinds of projectors , LCD and DLP. You might want to find out which one is suitable for a long-hours usage ( like a cricket match). Maybe the lamp may get over-heated in one of them and may require switching off. The one in the opening post is an LCD one , you might just want to inquire on that, given that you want to watch cricket matches in them.

I dont know if we can actually compare a projector with a HD plasma TV. The projector doesnt even come close to the picture quality or the depth that a plasma TV can offer. And I am not sure if the projector is suitable for regular viewing. It could be used once a while, maybe in the weekends to watch movies or watch cricket with friends or something.

I dont know if we can actually compare a projector with a HD plasma TV. The projector doesnt even come close to the picture quality or the depth that a plasma TV can offer. And I am not sure if the projector is suitable for regular viewing. It could be used once a while' date=' maybe in the weekends to watch movies or watch cricket with friends or something.[/quote'] I have both plasma and projector. Plasmas are cool but can never really compete with the life size images the projector offers. I have a 42" wide screen plasma in lounge and a projector in one of the bigger rooms (in fact I've made that my very own theater). I don't usually watch regular TV stuff (such as news) on projector but sports and movies are on projector. The quality of plasma takes a back seat thanks to the huge size projector offers. Nothing like watching cricket or any sports on projector with stadium sound set up on the home theater.