Enough of aggression, Sreesanth should perform now: McGrath

Feed

McGrath is right... Not that Sreesanth has performed badly or so. But to be an obnoxius prick that McGrath was and get under oppositions skins, you have to be a top player for a few years before u start talking. I don't remember McGrath doing the talking in the first few years of his career.

Aussies realize that on fast pitches, Sreesanth with his swing can be really dangerous (as he proved in the SA test win). so they are following the handbook in targeting the most dangerous guy with psyops. Sree should resist the temptation to give TV interviews like he is doing now and just keep silent, focus on the game, let others try to explain him, let the air of mystique and shaman magic remain :two_thumbs_up: One tall gent named C.Ambrose was a master at both smacking the aussies and keeping his secrets to himself. Indan public need not know what goes on in Sree's mind or what is doing to better himself...just deliver crushing blows when it matters thats all. there are no prizes for being too nice with the aussies.

After 11 tests:

[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]6 ball overs)       Mat    O       R   W   BBI    BBM     Ave  Econ    SR  5 10

XXXXXX              11  397.5  1299  46  5/40   8/99   28.23  3.26  51.8  1  0
[/FONT][FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]YYYYYY              11  419.4  1151  34  5/68   8/114  33.85  2.74  74.0  1  0[/FONT]

After 11 tests:
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]6 ball overs)       Mat    O       R   W   BBI    BBM     Ave  Econ    SR  5 10[/FONT]

[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]XXXXXX              11  397.5  1299  46  5/40   8/99   28.23  3.26  51.8  1  0[/FONT]
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]YYYYYY              11  419.4  1151  34  5/68   8/114  33.85  2.74  74.0  1  0[/FONT]

Good comparison...Sree vs Mcgrath Aussies definitely fear Sreesanth
Why should McGrath that retired early this year be concerned about Sreesanth??? I think they are trying their best to keep a tab on Sreesanth' date=' it's a shame really. I just wish Sreesanth does well and shuts up a lot of people.
Ravi, If he does well in a reasonably consistent manner, he *will* shut people up. And that is the only way he can prove a point - by performing. He needs to understand this.
Ravi, If he does well in a reasonably consistent manner, he *will* shut people up. And that is the only way he can prove a point - by performing. He needs to understand this.
Are you saying he needs to take cr@p from folks all over till he plays 100 odd tests?
Are you saying he needs to take cr@p from folks all over till he plays 100 odd tests?
Yoda, Who said he needs to take cr.p from folks... If anything, many of the things are because of actions he started...he has been mouthing off even without provocation from opposition camp. If he has real issues with players abusing him, then he can deal with it by different ways, and there are folks called match refrees and complaints can be lodged. (i do think if there are serious complaints, action will be taken against opposition players). Next thing we know, we'll want to see a fist fight in the middle of the pitch:whatchutalkingabout

Sreesanth is one of our best fast bowling prospects. I hope he is not made to look like a fool after the series Down Under. Initially i thought, he was just expressing himself (when he did that famous dance after he hit Nel over long on). But his recent antics on the back of a poor ODI series, hasnt earned him too much support. A bit of talking is alright, but he has won only one test so far. He must do more, before he engages in verbals and other antics. Otherwise his own fans will turn into his worst critics

Sree's emotion meter seems to have shot up abnormally in the Aussie series. After all , he has been playing international cricket for a while now and he hasnt been so volatile before. As Bumper said sometime ago , maybe his antics have the blessings of the team management. After all , it isnt often that a player manages to get on the nerve of the Aussies. The last time someone tried to loud-mouth the Aussies was Graeme Smith , but he had a horrible ending to that story though, lost form with the bat and worse, lost the series too. I am ok with Sreesanth having a go at the Aussies, as long as it doesnt get him in trouble with the match refree. We need him for the Aussie tour. He is a genuinely quick bowler, an asset India hasnt been able to boast of too many times in the past.