Delhi Daredevils -IPL 2014 Official thread

Switchblade

IPL 7: We are still trying to find the right mix, says Mohammed Shami http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/ipl-7-we-are-still-trying-to-find-the-right-mix-says-mohammed-shami/ India’s pace spearhead Mohammed Shami feels that it is easier to share the new ball in the Indian team with Bhuvneshwar Kumar than bowling for Delhi Daredevils since the combinations keep changing in the IPL team.

“Bowling for India is easier. With Bhuvi operating from the other end, it becomes a tad easier for me. His job is to swing the ball and try to contain. I can freely attack from the other end. Here the combinations keep changing.un We are still trying to find the right mix. Nadeem (Shahbaz) is a good bowler but I have to be more lethal with the new ball,” Shami said after training at Palam ground.
The speedster is also trying to pay heed to Shoaib Akhtar’s advice of working on his run-up.
“Shoaib bhai has advised me to never ever compromise on pace. The other subtle changes that he has suggested are also valuable inputs. I will certainly work on these aspects as it will help me become a better bowler for India in near future.”
He was happy in the manner Gary Kirsten has guided him.
“This is first time I am working with him (Gary). He guides us very softly and does not put mental pressure on us.”
Ditto for skipper Kevin Pietersen, who according to Shami is “positive, aggressive and never lets the intensity drop.” Shami admitted that they haven’t been upto the mark as far as death bowling is concerned.
“We need to improve our death bowling. We are putting in a lot of effort and hopefully we will put up an improved performance. Our aim is to restrict opposition in the range of 130-140. The wickets would be slightly different over here. In Abu Dhabi, the strips had greenish tinge and the amount of bounce would be different over here,” he concluded.

Tahir facing visa delay before joining Daredevils squad http://www.gocricket.com/news/latest-news/IPL-2014-Imran-Tahir-facing-visa-delay-before-joining-Delhi-Daredevils-squad/articleshow/34467354.cms South African legspinner Imran Tahir, spoken of as a replacement for injured fast bowler Nathan Coulter-Nile in the Delhi Daredevils squad in the Pepsi Indian Premier League, is facing a visa issue which has delayed the 35-year-old joining the Delhi franchise. There has been no word from IPL or Delhi Daredevils about the spinner's status but a source close to the team told gocricket.com that some paperwork needed to be sorted out at the High Commission of India in South Africa before Tahir can join the team in Delhi. Tahir, who went unsold during the IPL Player Auction 2014 had a terrific ICC World T20, finishing as the joint highest wicket-taker. But he has not played any form of cricket in India. It is possible that the fact he was born in Lahore, Pakistan may be causing a delay in High Commission of India in South Africa issuing him a visa. The decision to ask for a legspinner in place of a fast bowler also is a bit surprising, considering that Daredevils bowlers have failed to keep a check on the run-rate in the death overs. Coulter-Nile was picked for his ability to lead the bowling in the death overs but the Australian hurt his hamstring in the opening over of the game against Chennai Super Kings. DD leaked 66 runs in the last five overs in that game. But is seems that Delhi Daredevils want to strengthen their spin bowling department since left-am spinner Shahbaz Nadeem and the tall leg-spinner Rahul Sharma proved a bit ineffective in the UAE leg. Nadeem has played all the five game picking up four wickets with an economy rate of 7.98 runs per over while the tall Punjab legspinner Sharma got to play only the opening game against Royal Challengers Bangalore where he conceded 33 runs in three overs.

Home support will spur on Daredevils: Duminy http://www.gocricket.com/news/latest-news/IPL-7-Home-support-will-spur-on-Delhi-Daredevils-JP-Duminy/articleshow/34484097.cms With IPL 7 returning to India after 15 days' high-octane experience in the United Arab Emirates, Delhi Daredevils batsman JP Duminy is hopeful his team will fare much better in front of home fans at the Feroz Shah Kotla in the national capital. The Daredevils, who brought up the rear last season, have had another unsatisfactory start to 2014, losing three and winning two matches so far. Duminy, the team's highest scorer with 173 runs in fives at an average of 86.50, believes big home support can do wonders to the DD's performance. "It is going to be good. The first four to five games are home games, so it is nice to have some home support for a change," the South African told Gulfnews.com. "Playing against the big IPL teams here it looked like away games for us. So it is good to have some home support and, hopefully, we can put in that big performance for the home crowd." Duminy is also pleased with the way he is batting, shedding light on his batting experience in the UAE. "It was not about easy hitting and it is just enjoying some good form at the moment and hitting the ball nicely. I guess it the old cliche of putting in the hard work and it is coming off," he said. "Unfortunately, as a team we haven't had the results go our way, and still it is a long way to go in the tournament with ten games left. We still have a chance and it is about bringing those performances together as a team." Of the league's presence in the UAE, Duminy said: "This is not the first time I have played in Dubai, but the first time in the IPL here. It has been really exciting because the crowds have created great entertainment. It was great to part of IPL here and I am sure it won't be the last time we see the IPL in the UAE. It has been a great spectacular event so far and I am sure every player enjoyed it." Comparing the IPL in the UAE with the one in South Africa in 2009, Duminy added: "In the UAE, there is lot more support from the Indian perspective because it is just less than three-hour flight from India and there are also a lot of Indian supporters here as well and that was the main difference. Here, there is a different culture of support base. If you look at South Africa, you mainly had Indian supporters in Durban, where there is a massive Indian population, and that was the main difference." The Daredevils host Rajasthan Royals on Saturday.

IPL 7: Have not found any ego in Kevin Pietersen, says Quinton de Kock http://post.jagran.com/ipl-7-have-not-found-any-ego-in-kevin-pietersen-says-quinton-de-kock-1399028485 "Frankly speaking, I didn't meet or interact with KP before this IPL. But people had said a lot of stuff about his ego and so on. But I have not seen that part of him. So I don't know what people mean when they speak about that part of him," De Kock said during a media interaction on the sidelines of Daredevils' practice session. "KP looks a lot fired in the field because a captain has to keep his players in their place (referring to dropped catches)," the 21-year-old said. De Kock on his own admission is finding it more comfortable adjusting to the Daredevils set-up having been in the Sunrisers Hyderabad dug-out in the previous season. "Obviously, it helps being around with familiar faces. I feel a lot more comfortable with Gary (Kirsten) and Rob (assistant coach Rob Walters) around. Lucky to be around people whom I know. "In Sunrisers, there were a lot of Australians in their support staff. Having said that, I am not saying, I was uncomfortable in Hyderabad," he said. Asked if he would like keeping wickets, De Kock said that he doesn't mind if the team management wants him to do so. "I really don't mind keeping wickets whenever they want me to do so. If they think that I am a fine outfielder, I don't really mind," he said.