Google Search uncovers credit card details

Feed

Vey scary indeed. What worries me more is the sheer information these credit card(and credit rating) companies have. You would be surprised to know that they have every little information right down to how many times you were married, with whom, all past addresses and so on. I once did a project for a Credit Card company and there were hundreds of attributes per person. Now imagine that information falling in wrong hands. Sure there are measures around it but if Department of Defence account can get hacked what are the odds of small time merchant companies proving unhackable?

TJX breach could top 94 million accounts Filings in case involving Visa cards alone as much as $83 million BOSTON - At least 94 million Visa and MasterCard accounts may have been exposed to potential fraud in a data breach at TJX Cos., nearly double the previous estimate by the discount retailer. The figure was included in court filings this week that cited officials from the credit card associations. The filings in a bank case against TJX indicated that fraud-related losses involving Visa cards alone range from $68 million to $83 million, spread across 13 countries. One filing warned that the total will rise as thieves continue to use data from compromised cards. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21454847/

did you have virus on your computer??? The same thing happened to me. only usual suspect was a Virus on my system... lot of hassle....card was mostly used for subscribing to dirty indian sites. I also has email of the person...who subscribed...
What do you mean by dirty indian sites...You mean the websites are unsafe for consumers?

A very easy way to avoid credit card fraud - use separate browsers for your regular browsing and for online financial activity such as online banking. In that case , even if some spyware is installed in one of your browsers where you do regular browsing , your other browser is still safe from that.