Turkey masses more troops, raids in Iraq confirmed

Feed

Haha, with a Turkish invasion of the north, then Iraq will go from the frying pan into the fire. Turkey's interests will bring it into conflict with the US. Turkey is another Islamic country which is al-lie (ally) of US, like our neighbor Pakis. A Turkish invasion will create a groundswell of support amongst Kurds which will spill further. Last week I watched a news, in which Turkish Mr. Erodgan was critical of USA, saying at rally in Istanbul -- "Nobody can give us lessons on beyond-border operations. Did the US consult us when it entered Iraq from tens of thousands of thousands of kilometres away?" Now is the time for Rev. Dubya Bush, head of the "Church of Latter Day Morons" --as some wags put it, to practice what he preaches, i.e. tell his "moderate" Islamic allies in clear words once again that famous New testament verse from chapter 9:11 -- "Either YOU are with US or Against US".

Now is the time for Rev. Dubya Bush, head of the "Church of Latter Day Morons" --as some wags put it, to practice what he preaches, i.e. tell his "moderate" Islamic allies in clear words once again that famous New testament verse from chapter 9:11 -- "Either YOU are with US or Against US".
Wont happen. There is no way USA is going to antagonize Turkey. If Turkey shuts down its bases for US, the latter can effectively kiss goodbye every little adventure in Mid East, specially in Iraq.

Wonder what you will say when the US says the same to India someday in the future.
Won't happen, as India will continue to suffer from Paki terrorism, while never "threaten" that caricature of a country called Islamic republic Pakistan with invasion and elimination of Terror camps. Unkil and CIA knows this well that India has a puppet PM like MMS, who is on the mercy of Sonia Manio -- a hardcore Christian in the veil of "Indian Bahu"

Interesting is that a Turkish invasion of Northern Iraq would be the equivalent of Pakistan invading Southern Afghanistan. Turkish military power will be hamstrung as it gets bogged down in insurgency warfare. Turkish military's latitude will be curtailed by the fact that they have to deal with the American presence in Iraq. The same types of mistrust and mutual recriminations between Pakistan and USA will now surface between Turkey and USA.

Won't happen' date=' as India will continue to suffer from Paki terrorism, while never "threaten" that caricature of a country called Islamic republic Pakistan with invasion and elimination of Terror camps. Unkil and CIA knows this well that India has a puppet PM like MMS, who is on the mercy of Sonia Manio -- a hardcore Christian in the veil of "Indian Bahu"[/quote'] Yes yes, thats a most sane response. :sad_smile: Sandy boss please refresh my memory on who was our PM during Kargil war and how we invaded and eliminated Pakistani terror camps. Please spare no details.

Yes yes, thats a most sane response. :sad_smile: Sandy boss please refresh my memory on who was our PM during Kargil war and how we invaded and eliminated Pakistani terror camps. Please spare no details.
Lurker guru, I am no fan of ABV, neither a fan of america, heck, I have never been to west so no reason for me to be soft over Massa land. Did I say that, ABV did mistakes hence MMS impotency is justified?? fact is that when we have got the opportunity to bargain with Pakis that shut down terror camps or face the music, MMS is busy preaching Indians that "ohhh gentile Pakis are also Victim of terror" how great....as if terrorists are aliens from some other planet! That said, Amreeka has always screwed India's ineterests. I even doubt they were having pre-info. of kargil adventure when a tinpot harami Paki general was pulling it out of his musharraf. But Amreeka is Amreeka and they will look for ONLY their interest. We should grow up and carry our own cross. lastly this thread is heading towards Kargil discussion.

^^ Okay that is better then. My issue was the way you tried to portray a puppet PM and a Christian master that pulls the strings. As it so happens the right-wing brigade ruled India for an uninterrupted period 1999-2004 and did jack when Kargil actually happened. So do excuse me if I dont give a flying eff about the "bravery" of bhagwa brigade. Back to the topic Turkey has the right to look after its interest. Specially since it gets screwed from all sides. Europe doesnt consider it European, Middle East scoffs at it for being Secular and USA tells it to stay out of Iraq. I say Go Turkey! xxx

Turkey has the right to look after its interest. Specially since it gets screwed from all sides. Europe doesnt consider it European, Middle East scoffs at it for being Secular and USA tells it to stay out of Iraq. I say Go Turkey!
That is true. But I am seeing some different development. A quick search has revealed this news -- Turkey votes to invade northern Iraq; Congress considers the Armenian genocide. The two are dangerously connected http://www.economist.com/world/europe/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9987685 Now look, at the timing of voting for Armenian Genocide in American Congress. It's true genocide by Islamic Turkey in past was one of the biggest human atrocities but American parliament has chosen to condemn it at a very crucial moment....I think Unkil wants to send a clear signal to Turky that don't move back to your Islamization since recently Turkey elected Islamists as majority-- a slap on the face of "secularists" world-wide who were Chest thumping that Turkey is a stalwart of "secularity" among Islamic countries.

This is really really bad news for Iraq. If and indeed Turkey is going to invade north iraq to go after the Kurdish rebels ( and it looks increasingly likely that it will happen after the 8 turkish soldiers who have been recently abducted) ,then it is one of those rare instances where a neighboring country has invaded a sovereign state with their military. Next what ? Iran invades too to protect the Shias in the south against the attacks from Sunni terrorists ? Just sums what a desperate situation Iraq is in right now. You have more than one player who wield considerable influence in that country. Till now, it was only the kurdish areas that were relatively quiet. Now that is going to gone too. If the invasion happens , it will be a major embarrassment for the US for sure.

American parliament has chosen to condemn it at a very crucial moment....I think Unkil wants to send a clear signal to Turky that don't move back to your Islamization since recently Turkey elected Islamists as majority-- a slap on the face of "secularists" world-wide who were Chest thumping that Turkey is a stalwart of "secularity" among Islamic countries.
Phir wahi :stoned: Arre bhai Turkey has been Secular country dating back atleast to Kemal Ataturk. That would eb about 15 years before India became Independent. Now Turkey has a free Parliamentary Election, this time some right wing fanatic won. No surprises there. It is akin to non-Indians raising alarm when BJP came to power and them suggesting India is no more "Secular". About the Armenian angle, yes that is a real danger. I havent understood why the issue had to be dug up after 100 years. The only reason I could think of was lobbying of some kind. But there maybe lot more than what meets the eye here. Thanks for the article..will read in detail.

Americans don't care for the Kurds' cause. They got their help to overthrow Saddam, you can now be sure they will bomb the Kurd resistence like there was no tommorow along with the Turkish airforce. They did the same to Taliban. As long as they were fighting the Soviets, they provided support to their cause. Now they are chasing the Taliban like mad dogs.

Americans don't care for the Kurds' cause. They got their help to overthrow Saddam, you can now be sure they will bomb the Kurd resistence like there was no tommorow along with the Turkish airforce. They did the same to Taliban. As long as they were fighting the Soviets, they provided support to their cause. Now they are chasing the Taliban like mad dogs.
No way, The last the americans would want is to open another conflict front in the north. If anything , the relative peace in the North is their only saving grace. I think Turkey will go ahead with some minor attacks, it could some missiles fired across the border or some helicopter gunship attacks on the rebel bases and then America will "intervene" to stop the situation from escalating.

, I have never been to west so no reason for me to be soft over Massa land.
For someone who's never been to the west, you sure are very opinionated about the west, based on some psy-ops of hinduvta nutters and really poor quality news services.
It's true genocide by Islamic Turkey in past was one of the biggest human atrocities but
Umm, i am with the turks on this one. Pure and simple. Yes, a lot of Armenians were killed, but they were traitors to Turkey in the first place ! The Armenians are christian-very orthodox and very christian- and during WWI, Armenians in Turkey were OPENLY helping the ANZAC force in Gallipolli. $hit really hit the fan when the Turkish forces lost to the French in Syria ( this is all during WWI) because of Armenian cities throwing their doors open & inviting the French in. This lead to a severe backlash against the Armenians and the Turkish government moved the Armenians from around the coast of southern Turkey(where they were at that time) to North-East and i must point out that this is a reasonable response from a government at WAR and fighting for its sovereignty. And bulk of the deaths occured during the exodus of the Armenians. In Indian context, it'd be like if America declared war on India and all the Nagas(for example). started helping the American invasion from the east. What do you think would happen ? Obviously a lot will end up dead in communal violence- rest of India isnt gonna be happy if the Nagas did that. And if the Indian government decieded to MOVE the Nagas to somewhere else in India due to their treachery, can you really blame them ? Sorry but there is too much islamophobia in your posts where you take all islamic nations/entities to be similar to Pakistan/Saudi. Turkey, i can tell you for a FACT is different. Most Turkish muslims i've met are open to dating, open to debating Islam(they dont care that much about religion anyways) - both in the WEST and in the MIDDLE EAST. And Ottoman Turkey's history also reflects this - they essentially converted to Islam to keep their hold on the massive parts of the former Islamic Caliphate ( Egypt, Trans-jordan, saudi, Libya, Moorish lands, etc- all of which were and still are deeply Islamic) and the Turks have rarely mixed religion with politics. This is also reflected in the FACT that Turkey is the ONLY SECULAR DEMOCRACY IN AN ISLAMIC MAJORITY NATION. Turkey is probably the closest 'mindset' you will find from the Islamic world to the Indian mindset (apart from Iranians, who share a lot of culture with us) and it is rather annoying and stupid of you to alienate the closest nation to India (ideologically) from Morocco all the way to Phillipines!
.I think Unkil wants to send a clear signal to Turky that don't move back to your Islamization since recently Turkey elected Islamists as majority-- a slap on the face of "secularists" world-wide who were Chest thumping that Turkey is a stalwart of "secularity" among Islamic countries.
An Islamist party winning a majority election in a secular state like Turkey is no different than a Hinduvta party like BJP winning a majority election in a secular state like India. ZERO DIFFERENCE.

The only reason I could think of was lobbying of some kind. But there maybe lot more than what meets the eye here. Thanks for the article..will read in detail.
Ofcourse there is huge lobbying for this. There are 1 million Armenian-Americans in the US, more Armenians than in Turkey itself !( most migrated out of Turkey to Armenia when Armenia was under Turkey 'in name only' following WWI and the treaty of Sevres). Plus almost all Armenians are Christian and we all know that USA is the most fundamentalist Christian nation of the western nations, Ireland and Australia aside.