Challenger Trophy

putrevus

Wow this is just pathetic, there are no new exciting faces in this tournaments , all recycled faces with no of them very good , all the medium pacers who will be blasted if they go to Australia or by pakis , hope fully munaf shows some form and speed and Sehwag comes good in second match.if they can get in the indian side it would be good.

to Know more Leg-spinner Piyush Chawla has been inducted into the India Green cricket team for the October 25-28 N K P Salve Challenger Series to be held at Ahmedabad. "Murali Kartik has been given a rest. His place will be taken up by Piyush Chawla," said selection panel chief Dilip Vengsarkar on Monday. Chawla suffered an ankle injury during India's triumphant campaign in the Twenty20 World Championship in South Africa last month and missed the subsequent seven-match ODI series against Australia as well as the one-off T20 International held in Mumbai last Saturday. To know more about this log on to www.ipl-icl.com

This just shows bowlers like Joginder sharma and P kumar are having success against the future of indian cricket , it is very gloomy picture, this so called youth movement needs to be reexamined , all the youth who are in contention have already played for india in odis. Munaf looks pathetic , piyush is so very overated , he got the wicket of tendulkar which got him the limelight otherwise he is very average.

This just shows bowlers like Joginder sharma and P kumar are having success against the future of indian cricket ' date= it is very gloomy picture, this so called youth movement needs to be reexamined , all the youth who are in contention have already played for india in odis. Munaf looks pathetic , piyush is so very overated , he got the wicket of tendulkar which got him the limelight otherwise he is very average.
Seriously what are you smoking? You seem to suggest that out of 33 players selected you had any idea about 30 of them!! I am pretty darn sure most people have not even heard of half of these chaps. The known faces are Sehwag, Kaif, Munaf, Gambhir, Powar etc and shouldnt fringe players be given a chance to show how good they are? Or should be just dumped? By the way how in the world is the picture gloomy when the bulk of the players selected in this tourney are under 25?? xx
Seriously what are you smoking? You seem to suggest that out of 33 players selected you had any idea about 30 of them!! I am pretty darn sure most people have not even heard of half of these chaps. The known faces are Sehwag, Kaif, Munaf, Gambhir, Powar etc and shouldnt fringe players be given a chance to show how good they are? Or should be just dumped? By the way how in the world is the picture gloomy when the bulk of the players selected in this tourney are under 25?? xx
I have heard more than enough names as you said the age in this tourney is under 25 , this is where you like to see prospects to come into limelight and how many prospects did you see from this series.The fringe players already have shown what they are , this series used to produce many young odi players since its inception in 1995.
I have heard more than enough names as you said the age in this tourney is under 25 ' date=' this is where you like to see prospects to come into limelight and how many prospects did you see from this series.The fringe players already have shown what they are , this series used to produce many young odi players since its inception in 1995.[/quote'] That doesnt make any sense. Thus far only two games have been played and already people are talking of why Badrinath should make it to Indian team. Not to mention folks like Manoj Tiwari and Gambhir playing good knocks and doing their case no harm. Then there is arrival of folks like Virat Kohli and Pravin Kumar, hithreto unknown, on National scene thanks to their performance thus far. That is 5 names based on 2 game. Now do tell me what were you expecting? That post-Challengers trophy India will have 11 newcomers? xxx
I have heard more than enough names as you said the age in this tourney is under 25 ' date=' this is where you like to see prospects to come into limelight and how many prospects did you see from this series.The fringe players already have shown what they are , this series used to produce many young odi players since its inception in 1995.[/quote'] raina is 20 praveen kumar is 21 chawla is 19 rohit sharma is 20 parthiv is 22 manoj tiwari 21-22 if this is not young enough then do let me know what is. 16 yr old going on to break every possible batting records happen once in a lifetime. If there was such a 16 yr old around the only team in the world that who would dare playing him in test/ODI is India. Till then watch the 20yr olds and i am sure one of the above will be the next big thing.

Virat Kohli : had some Dravidness in his shots. -Along with that, he has some power to clear the boundaries as well. -Not a bad batsmen. can play spin well - excellent fielder Badrinath: from what I saw today, he seems to be a dabber or a cutter, and likes to play behind the stumps -can find the gaps well - has a bit of difficulty in going over the ropes Tiwary: didnt watch him today

the one dissapointment is there is nodecent fast bowler who has put his hand fromt his challenger series pravinkumar is not express unless he can put in with more pace he can turn out to be decent all-rounder munaf patel dissapointed yesterday ishaant sharma was the only one who looked good as medium-fast bowler betwn 135-140..... apart from the 4-5 bowlers whp areplaying at intl level it seems there are not decent fast bowlers at domestic levelwhoc an bowl at brisk pace

This is the question I had when I saw challenger series , there were no fast bowlers in any of three teams which played for the series , this shows the bench strength or lack of it especially in fast bowling department.In last two odis against pakistan we played three left armers , who bowl the same line and there is no variety or change of angle.Sreesanth should be given a chance in place of zaheer khan

This is the question I had when I saw challenger series ' date=' there were no fast bowlers in any of three teams which played for the series , this shows the bench strength or lack of it especially in fast bowling department.In last two odis against pakistan we played three left armers , who bowl the same line and there is no variety or change of angle.Sreesanth should be given a chance in place of zaheer khan[/quote'] purevas, In India, seamers deliberately cut down the pace because beuse of the nature of the pitches here, the faster you bowl, the quicker you are dispatched beyond the rope. Didn't you see how Akhtar became more useful when he cut down the pace in his second spell in Mohali ODI? And Mohali is supposed to possess the best pitch for pace bowling, isn't it? There was no point in bowling at 140
This is the question I had when I saw challenger series ' date=' there were no fast bowlers in any of three teams which played for the series , this shows the bench strength or lack of it especially in fast bowling department.In last two odis against pakistan we played three left armers , who bowl the same line and there is no variety or change of angle.Sreesanth should be given a chance in place of zaheer khan[/quote'] purevas, In India, seamers deliberately cut down the pace because of the nature of the pitches here, where the faster you bowl, the quicker you are dispatched beyond the rope. Didn't you see how Akhtar became more useful when he cut down the pace in his second spell in Mohali ODI? And Mohali is supposed to possess the best pitch for pace bowling, isn't it? There was no point in bowling at 140 at Motera. I'm sure our fringe bowlers can bowl faster. I think we should look beyond speed if we want to have good seamers. Attributes such as accuracy, swing, yorker bowling capacity, good slower ball, well directed bouncers etc are better to have than 150+speed at which you spray the ball all over and hence are smashed left right and center!