Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014

Raghav_12

Tennis: ATP/WTA Tour 2014  

1. 1.

• Rafael Nadal
    • Novak Djokovic
    • Andy Murray
    • None of the above

Murray was back in the game in the 2nd set but Federer showed a bit of class and annoyed Murray. Murray eventually gave up. He played kind of like he used to before he had won the 2 grandslams. Federer still not at his best, but he is definitely getting better and playing 100 times better than what he was playing at this time of the year last year. Serious contender this year for the US OPEN. Raonic is semis will pose an interesting challenge. Last week, Tsonga serve troubled Federe and plus he wasn't at his best in the final after playing great throught their in Rogers cup at Toronto. That is what happens in these one week tournaments where palyers are playing a game every day unlike Grandslams where they often get a day rest. I think Federe will beat Raonic in 3.

Serious contender this year for the US OPEN.
I agree. The way the rest of the field is playing and with Nadal's possible absence Federer has a great chance at the US open this year. I would still put Djokovic ahead of him and I expect him to lift his game up at the open but Federer is the clear second favorite for me.

Good game that, out of the "great players of the tough era" he now only has an inferior HTH record against his one nemesis from Spain. No doubt Raghav will come up with some new criteria to pull Fed down. As for favourites at US Open, a bloke with 17 GS will always start as one of the favourites and this year he seems to be playing much better than last - probably an indication that his back is better now; but the thing is, he still hasn't won anything of note. He's reached a semi and a final this year but no slams. A final last week and no title there either. Somewhere along the line he's got to win and go all the way. Finals and semis are good on the paper but if you don't win the whole thing it doesn't mean that much(obviously a final is preferable to a first round exit but still..) I think Stan is a great chance at the US Open. Guy is incredible when he gets going and this year he's really played well. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Stan will do at least as well as Djokovic at the US Open. Still not sure about Fed. His game is still good but I don't think he has the mileage in his legs to last a 5 setter. Then again he nearly pulled a win of out nothing vs Djoko at Wimby so you never know.

Good game that, out of the "great players of the tough era" he now only has an inferior HTH record against his one nemesis from Spain. No doubt Raghav will come up with some new criteria to pull Fed down.
In big 4, Federer has superioir H2H only against Djokovic , by thinnest of the margin 18-17 which would be fixed next times when they play and then Federer wouldn't have superior H2H against a single player of big 4. So much for being greatest ever and winner of maximum number of GS. :haha::haha:

In big 4' date=' Federer has superioir H2H only against Djokovic , by thinnest of the margin 18-17 which would be fixed next times when they play and then Federer wouldn't have superior H2H against a single player of big 4. So much for being greatest ever and winner of maximum number of GS. :haha::haha:[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: This is more retarded than anything I've read on here and since that includes your past nonsense too that is saying a lot. Let us try again: How many have a positive HTH record against Federer out of Murray, Nadal and Djokovic? Well don't answer that, chuck it. How many French Open Champions has Nadal beaten on clay? :--D

:hysterical::hysterical: This is more retarded than anything I've read on here and since that includes your past nonsense too that is saying a lot. Let us try again: How many have a positive HTH record against Federer out of Murray, Nadal and Djokovic? Well don't answer that, chuck it. How many French Open Champions has Nadal beaten on clay? :--D
let's try this way.. Against how many out of Nadal, Djokovic and Murray, Federer has positive H2H? :winky: Follow up question, If there is any positive H2H federer has as answer of previous q, by what margin?

Murray has had a really poor year, probably his worst ever. He is just not the same player anymore after his return from the back surgery. I think he has only one top 10 win this year. He played well against Nadal in Rome and then played reasonably well at RG to reach semi. I thought his form was coming back but after that it's gone downhill again. Yesterday, the way he lost the second set after going up 2 breaks gives you an idea of his mental state. Federer did nothing special to get those breaks back, especially the second one (4 straight UEs from Murray). Murray is just mentally not at the top level yet.

Federer finally goes all the way. Pretty weird match that with all 3 sets being one-sided but he'll take it. I'm going to revise my opinion of his form a little - he isn't playing as well as I thought he was. He's going to have to raise his game considerably to be a serious threat at the US Open. The old habit of randomly going missing becoming Federror will haunt him in big games against the big players as it has done in the past. Nevertheless after all the semis and finals of late he's finally crossed the finish line! Well done. Can't wait for the US Open. Most open GS in ages by the looks of it.

Federer finally goes all the way. Pretty weird match that with all 3 sets being one-sided but he'll take it. I'm going to revise my opinion of his form a little - he isn't playing as well as I thought he was. He's going to have to raise his game considerably to be a serious threat at the US Open. The old habit of randomly going missing becoming Federror will haunt him in big games against the big players as it has done in the past. Nevertheless after all the semis and finals of late he's finally crossed the finish line! Well done. Can't wait for the US Open. Most open GS in ages by the looks of it.
I told you a few days ago that Federer is unlikely to win the year end #1, but after Nadal's zero pointer and Djokovic's flop show in the US open series he actually has a pretty decent chance. Nadal is about 500 points ahead of Federer in the year end race and Djokovic is about 1200. Djokovic might also miss one tournament because he will be a father in the fall. So mentally too he might not be there. Nadal's status is still doubtful for the US open and if he does not compete at the open he would be out of the race. So Federer now has a very good chance if he does well at the US open.

Back from Cinti' date='Federer has now won all the times I have been present :proud:[/quote'] wow,6 fecking times!! ur the lucky charm :two_thumbs_up: meanwhile fed is having an incredible run this year,he looks a strong contendor for the USO. meanwhile murray has lost it completely,very poor season for him

I told you a few days ago that Federer is unlikely to win the year end #1' date=' but after Nadal's zero pointer and Djokovic's flop show in the US open series he actually has a pretty decent chance. Nadal is about 500 points ahead of Federer in the year end race and Djokovic is about 1200. Djokovic might also miss one tournament because he will be a father in the fall. So mentally too he might not be there. Nadal's status is still doubtful for the US open and if he does not compete at the open he would be out of the race. So Federer now has a very good chance if he does well at the US open.[/quote'] Yeah from what I understand a lot hinges on the US Open. Masters are good but they are like bilateral ODIs and GS are like WCs(with YEC being Champions Trophy or something maybe). Wouldn't write off Djokovic just yet. He's known to raise his game to absurd levels in Grand Slams. Reckon fatherhood will spur him on just like it did Federer. Should be a brilliant USO. Haven't been more excited before a slam or any sporting event in a long time. Federer will have to play near perfect games to win USO though. For one, he'll have to try and win most games in 4 sets - if he has to play 2 five setters in 3 days you just know he'll run out of gas. Not only that he has to keep the points short - I notice that Djokovic counter to Federer rushing up to the net has been noted by the players. Even Ferer was playing it with alacrity yesterday. He'll need a few things to go his way and if they do he has a shot. Wawrinka and Djokovic are his biggest obstacles (Nadal obviously if he plays). He *should* put away the rest including Murray on current form.