Who do you want as captain. Kohli or Dhoni?

Who do you want as captain. Kohli or Dhoni?  

1. 1.

Srini is not going to dump MSD altogether. There’s going to be a hand-shake agreement behind the scenes that ensures that, at least to the public, it will look like MSD is resigning, as opposed to BCCI sacking him. It has become untenable for MSD to continue as test captain. For a while now, his test batting fortunes have swayed between the horrendous to average. It was not as much of an issue until mid-2011 because we were winning. But since then, our test fortunes have dipped alarmingly. MSD probably this close to being sacked anyway after the loss at home to England, but the 4-0 whitewash of Australia bought BCCI some time, in addition to the fact that there seemed to be no clear front runners for who could possible replace him. BCCI is not wedded to MSD, they are wedded to winning, because winning brings more ad deals and more ad deals mean more opportunities for corruption for their cronies. If we keep losing like this, it does not matter who is in power, they are going to be replaced. Besides, Srini is already under immense scrutiny over his role with his son-in-law and the IPL corruption, so he’d want to deflect some of that attention away by making a major change at the top of indian cricket. I am not entirely sure when we have play our next test, but we may have seen the last of MSD as test captain.
Its been untenable for a few years now but nothing happened, not much pressure. Only pressure is coming from me:giggle: No one else cares and is waiting to laugh and giggle over IPL and all the losses forgotten. This is new gen cricket fans sadly I wish all you say comes true but it wont sadly
Besides, put yourself in the shoes of MSD and think about what is going through his head. This guy’s had as incredible a run you can possibly imagine in the last eight years. Won the T20 cup, world the world cup, became no.1 test team, achieved biggest sporting star in India status (even while Sachin was active), raked in 100s of millions of dollars. Now is the first time in his entire sporting life that he’s probably coming under some sort of scrutiny from the outside. Another tell-tale sign for his exit is some of the comments from ex-players who actually matter. When Ganguly speaks out against you, it means your position is in real threat because Ganguly is as much a politician as he was a cricketer. He still has plenty of connections within the Indian cricketing establishment and was actually a peer of MSD. So his comments would hurt MSD even more than say something similar said by a perennial troll like Bishen Singh Bedi. It’s a bit like Sachin’s decision to retire when he did, last year. Could he have played for a couple of years more? Of course he could have, but he was only going to hurt his legacy even more. MSD has nothing to gain by being captain, that too of a rebuilding team that is not going to win for a while. He’s got too many miles to put this young team on his captain’s back. Rebuilding is no joke – there will be more losses than wins and plenty of criticism. Its time for a younger guy to step up.
To be honest MSD underachieved in tests apart from taking the team to no.1 rakings for few months. He would ideally want to win/tie a test series in Eng/Aust to remove the blackmarks from his career before he retires. I was very impressed with Virat's captaincy in Asia cup. It was really aggressive and made the right moves almost always. But still feel, MSD needs to stay as a skipper in all formats for 2 more years and see off the transition period.
But still feel' date=' MSD needs to stay as a skipper in all formats for 2 more years and see off the transition period.[/quote'] FFS why Let a young gun take over transition period so can impose his culture on team and so can learn and improve, not lets look cool culture What are we scared of??? We getting hammered constantly away from home(1000 days since last away test win) yet we want another 2 years of ass raping before change. We got hammered in away odis as well Wait 2 years and yadav will be totally destroyed by captain corrupt. No time to wait with 2 away tours coming up
FFS why Let a young gun take over transition period so can impose his culture on team and so can learn and improve, not lets look cool culture What are we scared of??? We getting hammered constantly away from home(1000 days since last away test win) yet we want another 2 years of ass raping before change. We got hammered in away odis as well Wait 2 years and yadav will be totally destroyed by captain corrupt. No time to wait with 2 away tours coming up
If your worry is not giving fair chances to our fast bowlers, trust me Kohli will be no different from MSD. Strings are pulled from management I believe and the skippers are mere puppets. Why you think Kohli played Aaron only once and gave no chance to Pandey at all in the whole tournament? Why we played an unchanged squad in a dead rubber match against Afghans? Surely there was no MSD there, isn't it?
If your worry is not giving fair chances to our fast bowlers, trust me Kohli will be no different from MSD. Strings are pulled from management I believe and the skippers are mere puppets. Why you think Kohli played Aaron only once and gave no chance to Pandey at all in the whole tournament? Why we played an unchanged squad in a dead rubber match against Afghans? Surely there was no MSD there, isn't it?
Well lets see. You are guessing. Proof in Kohli what he is like will only been seen when given run as skipper. He did bowl his pacer full 10 overs and gave proper spells, something dhoni never does unless his name is Ishant Things cant get worse, only better. So why scared of change. You yourself say things much better with kohli, not just tactically but energy and aggression in team
From his body language, Kohli hates losing and he will do every thing in his power to prevent a loss. Dhoni, on the other hand, is impervious to a loss - does not seem to care at all.
From his body language' date=' Kohli hates losing and he will do every thing in his power to prevent a loss. Dhoni, on the other hand, is impervious to a loss - does not seem to care at all.[/quote'] That's what I hate the most. Dhoni has no accountability, as cant be sacked . Thus breeds this complacency and not give a dammn attitude Power corrupts
It's really sad to see people comparing two Captains. I think both have their own style and in Asia Cup Series sponsored by Cycle Pure Agarbathies' date=' Virat Kohli wasn't that bad. But yeah, true that the team could have played better![/quote'] I am sorry but I cannot quite stop thinking that you work for Cycle Agarbatti.

The whole argument about "World cup is 1 year away, so don't change anything" is so nonsensical it's hilarious. Let's see ... We have continuously lost away from home for the past 3 years, with the exception of the CT, which was played on tracks that a) were very un-English and b) will be different to what we will see in Australia. And we actually think that keeping things the same will result in us winning the World Cup in 1 year? Can someone who thinks that actually explain to me how India will win the world cup. This is the same batting line up that struggled against Neil Wagner. What do you think is going to happen when we face Mitchell Johnson? This is the same bowling line up that couldn't get Brendon McCullum or BJ Watling out. How do we think we are going to stop David Warner or Michael Clarke? If you honestly believe that Kohli shouldn't be captain because you do not rate his captaincy ability then that is a different story, but one thing is for certain, Dhoni right now has next to no chance of leading us to a World Cup victory in Australia