I want Pak to win 3-0 and 5-0.

jf1gp_1

with due respect MM ... I dont think so ... and I in particular aint going to abide by such requests ... since I am not breaking any forum rules by calling Razaq as mazaak or criticizing the Pakistani teams tendency to go religious ...
So what you are saying is ,in the name of NOT being politically correct , you will go on saying what comes to your mind , irrespective of whether it is perceived to be right or wrong ? Am not sure if that is the exactly the right thing to do. Respecting other people's sensitivities has got nothing to do with being PC or being a brazen talker. Its perfectly understandable not to agree with what one is saying but an entirely matter to totally dis-regard established norms of other cultures. Its like an American going into a traditional Indian house-hold, sitting in front of the elders with his legs raised over the chair. If someone one points out to him that this is considered offensive in Indian society, he should stop doing that and not try to persuade people that it was ok thing to do and does it all the time. Different cultures have different norms. As long as they dont cause direct/in-direct harm , we should be sensitive to those norms and respect them. Its utterly useless to counter what has essentially been hundreds of years of tradition with some " Lets all be truthful and brazen" kind of logic. You are missing the obvious point here BB.
MM last time I checked this was "Our Home" (Heck I was part of building it) and now someone else is going to tell me that I need to bend my rules - i.e curb my freedom of speech - to accomodate for someone else's sensibilities ... ? What next when MP comes and says you cannot write some Muslim name in anything else than Arabic ? Or that you cannot swear at that person etc etc etc .... ? Isnt this the same type of issue as the Dutch Painter ?
Forget it BB. As much as i would like you to see what i have said a bit more closely , I respect your mind-set and the way you look at things. I obviously dont share all of your notions , but lets leave this at this. Let cric discussions stay cric discussions.

Wow, this is called making a mountain out of a molehill!!! MP asked me as a fellow poster to avoid doing something on a personal level and I obliged keeping in mind the sensitivities of an online friend. Simple. Issue closed. Where do all these big words and issues come into the picture? Moreover, no whip has been issued to make name twisting of players out of bounds. It was a personal interaction between MP and I. Finito. If manali had asked me to do the same I would not have agreed and nor is there a compulsion for anyone to follow this.

Thats the only way fire can be lit under the ass's of tops shots at BCCI. My 'right now' reason have a whole bunch of more 1. Still no coach 2. Sachin as test captain 3. Directionless team. 4. Mindless selection. 5. Clueless on how to handle Big 3.
well another way to educate the BCCI would be write to your local news media and pressure them into action, but since you choose this option, well just as much as you want india to lose 3-0 and 5-0, i want to shove my you know what up your you know what till you crook like a little *****.
The problem is when others start demanding based on their individual sensitivities ...
MP did not demand anything. He requested me on a personal basis not to distort the name, Razzaq :
p.s I am sure that you don't know this but Razzaq is a really sacred name so please say it properly.
What are you going to do if someone gets pissed at Tendulkar being called Tendlya or demand that Krishnamachari Srikant not be called as anything else other than his full name or that nobody make fun of RSS etc etc ? Arent you setting a trend here ?
I am going to do nothing if someone distorts Tendulkar's or Srikanth's or Razzaq's name as long as it is not obscene. It's entirely up to the two concerned individuals and their rapport to come up with a solution. Either one heeds to the other's request or the other ignore it or move on. This is not a moderation or policy issue but a personal one. And I don't see myself as any trend setter here.
And FYI ... on PP where MP is a mod .. Razzaq gets called Razzler by other posters ... dont see anyone complainig there ... and ofcourse Iam now going to be told we shouldnt worry about what happens on other boards.
Exactly. What MP does there, what are the dynamics of PP etc. are not my concern. He is a knowledgable, amicable poster here, someone I get along well with and I agreed to a personal request of his. That's about it.
Its not personal unless its done via PM
And MP has already said it would have been better if he had communicated this via PM.
I have more than every right to critique on this issue when its on the public forums ...
Just as I have every right to call your critique over the top.
And if anybody is making a mountain out of a molehill its your friend MP.
That's your opinion and well respected.
Righto ... hypocrysy knows no bounds ...
Care to elaborate?
And just as I have the right to call yours as a hypocritical one
Again, your opinion is well received and well respected.
as you conveniently choose to ignore or dont care on how the posters sensiblites change
Care to elaborate?
but mine happens to be a fact too as MP started this "ohhh I get hurt by someone calling XYZ as ABC" .... something that we dont subscribe to and are not required to address
Again, where have I said that this should be a "we" or moderation or forum policy thing. I have clearly said that everyone here is free to call twist the name of any cricketer as long as it is not obscene and is in jest. I am addressing MP as a poster and not as a moderator.
unless the guide book on "Secularism" was amended since I last checked ... and which is why I made my comments.
I don't see the relevance of big words like secularism to the topic of discussion. Let me repeat, there is no fatwa on referring to Razzaq as Mazzaq. I agreed to MP's request on a personal level because : 1. He was offended by it. 2. He is a likeable character whom I get along well with. 3. I felt the quality of my posts will not go down if I agree to his request.
you dont seem to have any issues with MP having dual sensibilities
As far as MP's interaction with me and this board is concerned he has not shown any signs of hypocrisy as far as I know.
I reserve the right to tell MP that his sensibilities are not required to be adhered to by any posters based on forum rules
I agree and I have said exactly the same thing in my earlier posts that it was a personal interaction and has nothing to do with moderation or forum policy.
I expect not to be lectured on how my view is wrong.
After expressing your opinion on the entire episode, you don't want someone to comment on your views? Now, I think I just typed that word somewhere above in my post to describe this scenario.
May I ask' date=' in the name of what's acceptable, how the above 2 posts by THX_1138 remain unmoderated - or remain at all ?[/quote'] They are just OTT reactions to the OP. If the poster being addressed feels offended by them he will ask them to be edited and we will do the needful. If the poster takes it into his stride then we will simply move along.