Do you support hunting?

head coach

One of the largest exporting material from India is Leather! Indians kill, eat and make money out of animals - True or false?
India also has the largest number of livestock in the world, as also the cattles. These animals are used from everything from tilling land in village, to carry across heavy loads across mountain pass...and of course vast amount is made as leather. It is not as you put it HC, killing to eat and make money but more to use Animals for Commerical purposes. Most countries do it and India is no exception. xxx

Are bhai I am a hardcore non god walla person. Nothing to do with dharma for me. Not killing animals has nothign to do with evolution either for me. I believe in evolution. Me not killing animals is simply case of showing compassion. Btw I think breeding animals for food is worse than hunting. Why? Well the wild animal lives freely until it is shot. Animal bread for feeding suffer all their life.

Hunting animals has got nothing to do with how compassionate or non-compassionate a person is ' date=' wrt life. [b']Some of the finest thinkers of our times have also been avid hunters.
Not too clued up then were they? :D I can't be asked getting into this argument as i am in the middle of a deadline. I will just paste some quotes that sit very well with me. Note- Maris bhai theses are from great thinkers as well :finger: Pythagorus - “As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love.†Thomas Edison :lightbulb::lightbulb: “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all living beings, we are all savages.†George Bernard Shaw- “When a man wants to murder a tiger, he calls it sport; when a tiger wants to murder him, he calls it ferocity.†“I do not want to make my stomach a graveyard of dead animals.†The Dalai Lama - “I do not see any reason why animals should be slaughtered to serve as human diet when there are so many substitutes. After all, man can live without meat...†Leonardo da Vinci - “He who does not value life does not deserve it.†Benjamin Franklin, great American statesman “Vegetarianism is a greater progress. From the greater clearness of head and quicker apprehension motivated him to become a vegetarian. Flesh-eating is an unprovoked murder.†Dhammapada- One act of pure love in saving life is greater than spending the whole of one's time in religious offerings to the gods ... J. H. Kellog- “A dead cow or sheep lying in a pasture is recognized as carrion. The same sort of carcass dressed and hung up in a butcher’s stall passes as food!â€

Are bhai I am a hardcore non god walla person. Nothing to do with dharma for me. Not killing animals has nothign to do with evolution either for me. I believe in evolution. Me not killing animals is simply case of showing compassion.
Arre bhaiya to keep your compassion to yourself. Why spray it everywhere man? Not everyone thinks like you and surely they have as much a right as you do. I will say again what I say before. Any person who beleives in evolution would be hard-pressed to say that their ancestors did not eat meat. I mean what do you seriously think they survived on? Tofu salad?? To me, a right diet is a combination of vegetable and meat and it is a simple matter of common sense to me :hatsoff:

Silly gaurav...you made punjabi kuri leave the forum.
that is if she was a kuri in the first place. Probably Rawal dear :hysterical:
Arre bhaiya to keep your compassion to yourself. Why spray it everywhere man? Not everyone thinks like you and surely they have as much a right as you do. I will say again what I say before. Any person who beleives in evolution would be hard-pressed to say that their ancestors did not eat meat. I mean what do you seriously think they survived on? Tofu salad?? To me, a right diet is a combination of vegetable and meat and it is a simple matter of common sense to me
Not everyone thinks that screwing a minor is wrong either. Bottom line is that someone has to stick up for animal rights. What our ancestors ate is irrelevant.Our ancestors did lot of things that we don't do anymore. Anyway we know for a fact that we can survive easily on vegetarian diet. Just because our ancestor did something does not mean we have to do it as well.

Not everyone thinks that screwing a minor is wrong either. Bottom line is that someone has to stick up for the animal rights.
In other words those that talk of compassion towards Animal do not have the courtsey of compassion towards Human being and their beleifs. Yes good going Mr. Animal Right Activist.
What our ancestors ate is irrelevant.Our ancestors did lot of things that we don't do anymore.
Convinient for you to say, aint it? Please feel free to get rid of all the blood cells/genes that may now be "tainted" due to ancestors lol.
Anyway we know for a fact that we can survive easily on vegetarian diet. Just because our ancestor did something does not mean we have to do it as well.
BS. The vast majority of human beings eat Meat, end of story. They dont go about saying why you should eat, so you stop also stop talking all this nonsense of what Pythagoras said and what XYZ said. You are a veggie, all powers to you...now stop bothering those are a meat eaters. Eating Animals and proud of it! :dance: xxx

NO to hunting as a sport and NO to guns. Hunting as a sport is a thing of the bygone era - like the Raj in India. I was shocked to when I first heard that it was a legal sport in the USA!! If it isn't condemned/restricted/abolished we'll soon see a lot of species headed towards extinction. Its simply barbarious, inhuman and highly uncivilized to hunt for fun.

I support hunting if it is for direct sustainance ( ie, you eat what you kill). Infact, i am a big fan of it, since its far less hypocritical than omnivorous/carnivorous behaviour of the average man. But hunting for sport ? Well lets just put it this way - if i am out in the wilderness with my guns shooting some beer cans ( which i've done a couple of times) and i run into you when you are hunting a creature for fun, i will have very little hesitation in fragging you. Thats how strongly i feel about hunting for sport.

I support hunting if it is for direct sustainance ( ie, you eat what you kill). Infact, i am a big fan of it, since its far less hypocritical than omnivorous/carnivorous behaviour of the average man. But hunting for sport ? Well lets just put it this way - if i am out in the wilderness with my guns shooting some beer cans ( which i've done a couple of times) and i run into you when you are hunting a creature for fun, i will have very little hesitation in fragging you. Thats how strongly i feel about hunting for sport.
Fishing is considered a sport Bongo. If you go by what you say you shall have to kill a lot of Bengalis with their fishing sticks hanging in Hoogly. :giggle:

Fishing is considered a sport Bongo. If you go by what you say you shall have to kill a lot of Bengalis with their fishing sticks hanging in Hoogly.
Yup. No problems with it, except for the fact that i dont own a gun in India and its rather hard to take your guns on a trans-continental flight.

There are some who are hunting humans on this earth in the name of religion and I dont like that.... I think god made human more precious. Rest are there to fill in the gap, like water, air, there are other animals, trees, plants etc. Get what you need from this earth. Do not over kill any natural habitats. But it is okay to kill animals for eating as long as it is in proportion.

In other words those that talk of compassion towards Animal do not have the courtsey of compassion towards Human being and their beleifs. Yes good going Mr. Animal Right Activist.
I am compassionate towards people. Their beliefs then can keep as well. Just don't expect me to believe any of the fairy tales :pray: To equate belief with actual killing of an animal is BS.
Convinient for you to say, aint it? Please feel free to get rid of all the blood cells/genes that may now be "tainted" due to ancestors lol.
Huh? I am human as well and I doing fine on vegetarian diet :giggle:
The vast majority of human beings eat Meat, end of story. They dont go about saying why you should eat, so you stop also stop talking all this nonsense of what Pythagoras said and what XYZ said. You are a veggie, all powers to you...now stop bothering those are a meat eaters.
Vast majority of people doing something does not make it correct or humane. Vast majority of people pray to god and believe in holy books that are not worth the paper they are written on. Anyway I don't go around telling people to stop eating meat. The thread starter asked a question and I stated my opinion. In real life people actually get aggressive when I tell them that I don't eat meat. It's as if I stole their mum or something :haha: Do what you want matey.
Eating Animals and proud of it! :dance:
Not eating animals and very happy with life :finger:
There are some who are hunting humans on this earth in the name of religion and I dont like that.... I think god made human more precious. Rest are there to fill in the gap, like water, air, there are other animals, trees, plants etc. Get what you need from this earth. Do not over kill any natural habitats. But it is okay to kill animals for eating as long as it is in proportion.
"I think"? :hysterical: Atleast use a capital G or your non existent god will be offended :D

I am compassionate towards people. Their beliefs then can keep as well. Just don't expect me to believe any of the fairy tales :pray:To equate someone's belief with actuall killing of an animal is BS.
It is equally BS to be dismissive of other's beleifs. So long as you keep your dismissals to yourself most people wouldnt care, the problem is when you venture out with why not killing animals is a sign of compassion or how certain XYZ think of it as great moral thingy. There is no moral issue here, you dont like eating Animals so be it, why are you worried about those that actually relish eating Animals?
Huh? I am human as well and I doing fine on vegetarian diet :giggle:
If thats the best rebuttal I am gonna get on how your ancestors were actually meat eaters then so be it. I am just happy to let you know where we have all come from :wink_smile:
Vast majority of people doing something does not make it correct or humane. Vast majority of people pray to god and believe in holy books that are not worth the paper they are written on.
Hahahaha..So eating meat and praying to God are the same thing? :hysterical::hysterical: My argument was simply that a vast majority of people, say 80-90%, of this world is largely non-vegetarian. Now if they do not have issue with the eating habits of 10-20% surely it is equally a matter of courtsey that the remaining 10-20% shall behave the same and not try to show "we are compassionate", "higher moral grounds" and all that cr@polla.
Anyway I don't go around telling people to stop eating meat. The thread starter asked a question and I stated my opinion.
Okay then lets leave it right there since that is also my motto. Eat what you want, dont pass judgement on others who dont have the same culinary habits. xxx