The BJP thread

kabbirann

Those loaded statement simply means to say to people of other religions that see India has a hindu identity you better align yourself with that identity. If you go that route' date=' you better have Hindu as state religion than doing thing piece-meal like this.[/quote'] No, I think it is your liberal guilt prevents you from literal reading of statement and perhaps "loading" it with your own tadka. Question of alignment doesn't arise. While reciting Muslim or Jewish prayers, I didn't allign myself with them. I am sure the existing prayers will not be stopped.

one question to the libtards here. when a hindu family makes their 10 yr old kid listen to hindu hymns and make them recite it, isn't it enforced upon them? Similarly for muslims and christians as well? So why they are not touching upon the rights of kids not to adhere to prayers of any kind, and get so enraged when the same kids have to observe other religions prayers? So for libtards and wannabe secularists, its perfectly acceptable that these small kids can be tortured to do all these rituals blindly as long as they belong to the religion where they were born to just by accident of birth?

You give holidays on christmas and eid, just like you do so on hindu festivals, so that Indian christians and Indian muslims can celebrate their festivals. Nobody is asking hindus to sing christmas carols or do namaz on these holidays. As for christian and islamic schools, they is a reason they are called christian and islamic schools. India, fortunately, is still not called anything like a hindu country, muslim country or a christian country, it is secular and is still does not have a state religion though the rss and bjp want to change that.

You give holidays on christmas and eid, just like you do so on hindu festivals, so that Indian christians and Indian muslims can celebrate their festivals. Nobody is asking hindus to sing christmas carols or do namaz on these holidays. As for christian and islamic schools, they is a reason they are called christian and islamic schools. India, fortunately, is still not called anything like a hindu country, muslim country or a christian country, it is secular and is still does not have a state religion though the rss and bjp want to change that.
So,as per this directive no other prayers are allowed and all the existing prayers have to be stopped. Clarify how state is imposing religion here. How is it secular to run Christian school ? Are they no admitting non christians ? If yes, shouldn't they also have hindu chants for non christian hindu students. Surely thats a secular thing to do.

Well, for all my support for BJP/RSS I wish they stop muddling into these things. I don't find much in this circular which should cause furore but since this is BJP govt, people with their perceptions and bias will make it sound as if it is Talibani fatwa. Under any other govt in centre or under any other state govt it wouldn't even have got eyes of the media/people.

So,as per this directive no other prayers are allowed and all the existing prayers have to be stopped. Clarify how state is imposing religion here. How is it secular to run Christian school ? Are they no admitting non christians ? If yes, shouldn't they also have hindu chants for non christian hindu students. Surely thats a secular thing to do.
If christian or islamic schools have prayers, and if they are admitting hindus, and the students or the parents demand it, then these schools should have hindu chants too. People may sing and pray along or sit out of it if they don't want to. Though i doubt if there are any hindus kids in islamic schools. Now the question is, why is the state getting into issues related to prayers and religion. Why should the state insist on prayers of a particular religion? There is no need for it.

You give holidays on christmas and eid' date=' just like you do so on hindu festivals, so that Indian christians and Indian muslims can celebrate their festivals. Nobody is asking hindus to sing christmas carols or do namaz on these holidays.[/quote'] You're just not getting it I want to do some urgent transaction on Dec 25. I am a hindu. I go to a bank and I find that it is closed. Why should I as a hindu get penalized for a christian celebration? What reason? What is the exclusivity these schools have?

In this "secular" country, Hindus cannot run Hindu schools, unlike Muslims and Christians who can run educational institutions catering to their communities. The Right to Education Act is not applicable to minority institutions. So much for your "secularism".

People are confusing that a school can be Christian or Muslim or Hindu (like the one I went to). But a govt can't be force somebody to obey hindu, muslim or christian rituals. I am pretty sure people who are defending this move recognize this different pretty much even they may pretend not to understand. This would be same as forcing all schools asked to send all students to church on Christamas or do some specific things on Eid and which would be simply unacceptable.

In this "secular" country' date=' [b']Hindus cannot run Hindu schools, unlike Muslims and Christians who can run educational institutions catering to their communities. The Right to Education Act is not applicable to minority institutions. So much for your "secularism".
Go to Saraswati Shishu Mandirs or other RSS run schools.. They are more hindu then any catholic school is christian. I don't know what you mean by saying hindu's can't have their own schools.

No' date=' I think it is your [b']liberal guilt prevents you from literal reading of statement and perhaps "loading" it with your own tadka. Question of alignment doesn't arise. While reciting Muslim or Jewish prayers, I didn't allign myself with them. I am sure the existing prayers will not be stopped.
I don't have any liberal guilt. All i have liberal and secular pride on behalf of my country but unfortunately that is coming under increasing pressure.

Go to Saraswati Shishu Mandirs or other RSS run schools.. They are more hindu then any catholic school is christian. I don't know what you mean by saying hindu's can't have their own schools.
Minorities (Muslims and Christians) can reserve seats in their institutions for their communities. Eg. St Stephens has reservations for Christians, and yet receives govt aid. Hindus do not have this right. Moreover, these minority educational institutions are exempt from the Right to Education Act.

Saraswati Puja is a hindu ritual. Any denial of that would be outright dishonesty.
It is not. As I said before, in Kerala you have people from all communities observe it during Durga puja. Kids from all religions start their writing on this day. It has the name "saraswathi" but that automatically doesn't make it an exclusively hindu ritual.

It is not. As I said before' date=' in Kerala you have people from all communities observe it during Durga puja. Kids from all religions start their writing on this day. It has the name "saraswathi" but that automatically doesn't make it an exclusively hindu ritual.[/quote'] :haha: If Saraswati Puja is not hindu ritual then reading namaz is not a muslim thing.

People are confusing that a school can be Christian or Muslim or Hindu (like the one I went to). But a govt can't be force somebody to obey hindu' date=' muslim or christian rituals. [/size']I am pretty sure people who are defending this move recognize this different pretty much even they may pretend not to understand. This would be same as forcing all schools asked to send all students to church on Christamas or do some specific things on Eid and which would be simply unacceptable.
Can it force religious holidays on others?