What is your take on Duncan Fletcher's Autobiography ?

Ram

What is your take on Duncan Fletcher's Autobiography ?  

1. 1.

• Yes, He has the right to reveal what has happened
    • No, He should have kept those things private

Duncan Fletcher, the former coach of England, is soon going to release a book titled " Behind the Shades". Excerpts from the book show that he has made startling revelations on some of the insider stories of the England cricket team. Chief among them is Andrew Flintoff's indiscipline, Ian Botham's negative influence on the English team and ECB's bad handling of the Ashes 2007 post-mortem. Understandably, the book has left many people embarrassed and coming out in defense with explanations. Do you support the idea of ex-players and coaches coming out with books where they include personal anecdotes that could potentially harm the career and reputation of current players ? Do you support the " What happens in the dressing room, stays in the dressing room "concept , or do you agree with what Fletcher has done ? Thoughts and views please.

it's their book, their autobigoraphy, it's their wish whatever they want to write or not. it's not that we should support it or not.. however, fletcher derserves a slap on this right cheek followed by the left one... brought the country of englishmens to the peak as if they won some thunder down under, though they just won @ home.... then just over hyping his players...now for speaking crap in the media and coming up with this trash book which even Kabaadi waala won't accept in India

Fletcher has the right to say what ever he likes - that's free speech, after all. But my problem is in the way he has said it. From what I've read, Fletcher's only pointed fingers, pointed fingers more and smeared mud, while all the while trying to absolve himself of any and all blame. The entire deal with Panesar in the Ashes? Glossed over while passing the buck. Read? A refusal to take failure and admit he was in the wrong, while trying to write bullsh*t about Read's keeping in the Pakistan tests that would be refuted by anyone who saw it. Flintoff's drinking? Pathetic. OK, if he had a drinking issue - WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO ABOUT IT? As coach, Fletcher should have taken some charge when the captain's drinking was harming both the team and his own game/leadership. Instead he sat on his ass behind his sunglasses doing nothing, and then just got bitter and tried to paint Flintoff in a bad light at the end, rather than trying to take any proactive steps. BTW, I find the man a hypocrite as well. Nothing wrong with autobiographies, but Fletcher's time as coach came with a 'bubble' mentality - what went on in the team usually stayed in there, without people going to the media, pointing fingers, leaking and such. That was all good and well for him - until he left the job, after which such things meant nothing any longer. I've lost a great deal of any respect I may have had for him as a coach and person after this.

BTW' date=' I find the man a hypocrite as well. Nothing wrong with autobiographies, but Fletcher's time as coach came with a 'bubble' mentality - what went on in the team usually stayed in there, without people going to the media, pointing fingers, leaking and such. That was all good and well for him - until he left the job, after which such things meant nothing any longer.[/quote'] That's exactly what annoyed me the most about Fletcher's recent revelations. The Freddie stories were cold-hearted, and seemed like a cheap way to drum up interest in his book. He at least admitted to being a complete weasel during the Pakistan tampering saga, no surprise to anyone.
Guest Yograj Singh

Very poorly done. In all his chapters dealing with India, I've seen very little complimenting Yuvraj for his wonderful batting and bowling performances against England especially in ODIs. Fletcher is obviously very bitter.

Fletcher has the right to say what ever he likes - that's free speech, after all. But my problem is in the way he has said it. From what I've read, Fletcher's only pointed fingers, pointed fingers more and smeared mud, while all the while trying to absolve himself of any and all blame. The entire deal with Panesar in the Ashes? Glossed over while passing the buck. Read? A refusal to take failure and admit he was in the wrong, while trying to write bullsh*t about Read's keeping in the Pakistan tests that would be refuted by anyone who saw it. Flintoff's drinking? Pathetic. OK, if he had a drinking issue - WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO ABOUT IT? As coach, Fletcher should have taken some charge when the captain's drinking was harming both the team and his own game/leadership. Instead he sat on his ass behind his sunglasses doing nothing, and then just got bitter and tried to paint Flintoff in a bad light at the end, rather than trying to take any proactive steps. BTW, I find the man a hypocrite as well. Nothing wrong with autobiographies, but Fletcher's time as coach came with a 'bubble' mentality - what went on in the team usually stayed in there, without people going to the media, pointing fingers, leaking and such. That was all good and well for him - until he left the job, after which such things meant nothing any longer. I've lost a great deal of any respect I may have had for him as a coach and person after this.
BTW: Have you heard that he is going to be the next coach of India? :D
Flintoff's drinking? Pathetic. OK, if he had a drinking issue - WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO ABOUT IT? As coach, Fletcher should have taken some charge when the captain's drinking was harming both the team and his own game/leadership. Instead he sat on his ass behind his sunglasses doing nothing, and then just got bitter and tried to paint Flintoff in a bad light at the end, rather than trying to take any proactive steps.
Agree with it all. However, I must admit to reveling a bit in Flintoff's discomfiture. He always came across as a spoilt brat, seemed to be constantly chaterring insults, and generally making an ass of himself. In some weird way, I feel he deserves this.
Fletcher has the right to say what ever he likes - that's free speech, after all. But my problem is in the way he has said it. From what I've read, Fletcher's only pointed fingers, pointed fingers more and smeared mud, while all the while trying to absolve himself of any and all blame. The entire deal with Panesar in the Ashes? Glossed over while passing the buck. Read? A refusal to take failure and admit he was in the wrong, while trying to write bullsh*t about Read's keeping in the Pakistan tests that would be refuted by anyone who saw it. . BTW, I find the man a hypocrite as well. Nothing wrong with autobiographies, but Fletcher's time as coach came with a 'bubble' mentality - what went on in the team usually stayed in there, without people going to the media, pointing fingers, leaking and such. That was all good and well for him - until he left the job, after which such things meant nothing any longer. I've lost a great deal of any respect I may have had for him as a coach and person after this.
Exactly my views too. How on earth has he kept himself above self criticism while blaming all and sundry for everything else?? It is very annoying. John Wright's book was a much much better one which gave some useful insights to the existing problems of Indian cricket system.
BTW: Have you heard that he is going to be the next coach of India? :D
:whatchutalkingabout:angry_smile: Please say that it is not true and you were only joking!!!

Here is what Boycott said ''After the stuff he has come out with in the last couple of days, I find it ironic that he spent his eight years with England spouting on about loyalty and keeping everything within the team," Boycott told the Daily Telegraph. "There he was, taking the moral high ground at every opportunity. And as soon as he finishes, what does he do? He gets stuck into Flintoff. "I have no problem with cricket people writing books, telling the truth, and making some money. I have done it myself. Fine. But it seems a bit rich coming from someone who has made such a big deal about not "talking out of school". Fletcher is a hypocrite and he should be ashamed of himself."

Exactly my views too. How on earth has he kept himself above self criticism while blaming all and sundry for everything else?? It is very annoying. John Wright's book was a much much better one which gave some useful insights to the existing problems of Indian cricket system. :whatchutalkingabout:angry_smile: Please say that it is not true and you were only joking!!!
Sorry Chandanji - yes only joking. :giggle: I say, let's have more of the dirt please on the English. He was a cr@p coach who only got away with it because of Hussain. Didn't play Monty in Australia until it was too late. BTW: Flintoff is an idiot of the highest proportions. :haha: I wonder what Chappell guruji is writing at the moment 0 umm. Dirt on the SRG, SRT & RD. I wuoldn't put it past ex-guruji - after all it makes lots of moolas.

What I personally think of Fletcher's book is that it is getting undue promotion by Cricinfo. It would have been one thing if the book was reviewed. But it appears everyday there is an article on it, or a criticism of the article that was published on CI. If less than a week(Oct 27 - November 4th) there has been atleast 8 articles on CI about Duncan Fletcher. remind me what exactly has he done to get such coverage.