Sri Lanka tour of England & Ireland 2014

This is the same SL ex-captain who violated the spirit of cricket....repeatedly by maintaining a slow over rate and when it was clear that he was going to banned for next offense send some other violater to toss & avoid the ban. SLan team are the worst offenders of the spirit of the cricket. They are the real win at all cost team. Atleast Indian/Aus/SA/Eng players do their MC/BC in the field...but SLan players pretend to be gentlemen...but will go against spirit of cricket if it suits them. Wait for Jaya to lecture the whole world when some other team send a pretender captain at the toss against SL & purposely slow down the bowling.
Don't go that far; yesterday Mahela tried to slow the game when it was drizzling and SL were ahead of the run rate by asking for gloves, bats etc.
Don't go that far; yesterday Mahela tried to slow the game when it was drizzling and SL were ahead of the run rate by asking for gloves' date=' bats etc.[/quote'] Didn't watch the game...but what you say sound exactly what SLan team will do. Most teams does do things but SLan team always takes it to extreme. Then once in a while they are at the receiving end....& woof.....the team & its fans make it a big deal....like they have never seen those spirit of cricket violation in their life & how they will never support it.
Didn't watch the game...but what you say sound exactly what SLan team will do. Most teams does do things but SLan team always takes it to extreme. Then once in a while they are at the receiving end....& woof.....the team & its fans make it a big deal....like they have never seen those spirit of cricket violation in their life & how they will never support it.
SL is still hinting at a kaanspiracy over Senanayake's action being reported
"Why has he been reported only now, just before a must-win match in England?" " Chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya also lent his support to Senanayake in public
The heights of victim mentality has reached disproportionate levels.
But the issue is brought up by Slan fan above. If you decide to add you 1 cent in a thread....at least read up. And yes we won the WC and we are happy...specially winning I against SL. Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Maybe you should learn to read better before lecturing me. G_B_ brought up the issue first.
" audible to producers of the host broadcasters ESPN-Star Sports." Crowe the match ref did not hear it' date=' you guys had your way but still lost it.[/quote'] So because the crowd was loud, and the referee could not hear it Sanga cheated? Some ***in logic right there. If anything SL should be complaining since they called it right the first time while Ref was off in lala land.But we dont, since India was clearly the better team that day.

I guess all the Indians are going to circle jerk all day while ignoring what Mahela actually said. ""I don't play like that -- I would give him a warning and make sure he stays in the crease. I think it was a small incident in a crucial game and I think we need to move on." Jayawardena added: "I would not have taken the bails off in the first place to be honest. I would try and keep it nice and clean and tell the umpires to keep an eye on the guy. "I think they did the right thing out there in the middle (when) the senior players got together." Please feel free to ignore this post and continue the circlejerk.

England Squad for Sri Lankan Series Cook, Ali, Anderson, Ballance, Bell, Broad, Jordan, Plunkett, Prior, Robson, Root, Woakes Good squad but Stokes in for Woakes and Buttler/Foster over Prior and I'm happy. Stokes is probably still not close to being fit though.

Cook, Ali, Anderson, Ballance, Bell, Broad, Jordan, Plunkett, Prior, Robson, Root, Woakes Good squad but Stokes in for Woakes and Buttler/Foster over Prior and I'm happy. Stokes is probably still not close to being fit though.
he isnt.... Big issues with his fitness at such a young age. I have my doubts if he can maintain his fitness.

The big calls in this squad is Prior. I think they felt its better to bank on experience than let somebody like Buttler (a fans fav) a go. Should line up as Cook Robson Bell Ali Root Ballance Prior Woakes Broad Jordan Anderson Ali and Root to provide spin options. 4 quicks.

Prior should be just on experience because other than that he shouldn't be in the team. His keeping has nosedived, his batting the same. His CC record at the moment isn't that flash compared to a James Foster or a Jos Buttler. I expected Samit Patel to be in the team but not surprised by the squad knowing that Stokes is still not fit.

Prior should be just on experience because other than that he shouldn't be in the team. His keeping has nosedived, his batting the same. His CC record at the moment isn't that flash compared to a James Foster or a Jos Buttler. I expected Samit Patel to be in the team but not surprised by the squad knowing that Stokes is still not fit.
agree on Prior. I think a bad test series and he will be gone for good. I am surprised they picked Prior. Most of the press were predicting it was the end for him. It was between Ali and Patel for the spinning allrounders slot.
I guess all the Indians are going to circle jerk all day while ignoring what Mahela actually said. ""I don't play like that -- I would give him a warning and make sure he stays in the crease. I think it was a small incident in a crucial game and I think we need to move on." Jayawardena added: "I would not have taken the bails off in the first place to be honest. I would try and keep it nice and clean and tell the umpires to keep an eye on the guy. "I think they did the right thing out there in the middle (when) the senior players got together." Please feel free to ignore this post and continue the circlejerk.
Thirmanne was warned before the bails were taken off. What part of "I would not have taken the bails off in the first place" did you miss?