FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014,12th of June - 13th of July

Bleed-Blue

OzDvvaw.png
This sad Brazilian fan was shown crying. But no ones published this beautiful picture of him handing the trophy to a German fan. He was quoted as saying "Take it to the final! As you can see, it is not easy, but you deserve it, congratulations" (Roughly translated)

Don't know why they have this 3rd place or play off game(adopted from olympics ). In Olympics ,it makes total sense to play for a Bronze medal ,but in case of world cup .. You play to win World cup ..that's it .

Some excellent articles: How Germany went from bust to boom on the talent production line http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/23/germany-bust-boom-talent The Rise of the Red Devils How Belgium built one of the top contenders for the 2014 World Cup, and what the team means to this fractious nation http://grantland.com/features/world-cup-2014-belgian-national-team-vincent-kompany-eden-hazard-marouane-fellaini/ Inside U.S. Soccer Behind the scenes with the USMNT as they discuss their World Cup performance in Brazil http://grantland.com/features/usmnt-2014-world-cup-documentary-soccer/ World Cup Pass & Move: Semi-Charmed Lives http://grantland.com/the-triangle/world-cup-pass-move-semi-charmed-lives/

Are you kidding me? For the first time in Brazil football history, that their defense is the strongest suit of their cavalry. David Luiz, Danny Alves and Thiago Silva are some of the best defenders in the world. The problem with Brazil is that players are out of form and there aren't enough back up replacements. The replacement for Fred is Jo - even David Luiz would be a better forward than Jo. I called him a chewtiya because he dives deliberately. The referees are just FIFA stooges - these dives etc. generates more interest in the game and FIFA is happy raking the moolah. Robben should get one YC early in the game and then see how it f*** up his mind.
Before the QF, Julio Ceasar had to make ONLY 7 saves - that is the least amongst ALL the GK's in the World Cup. The defense is strong (in potential) was my point. Robben is a chewtiya and will be one - how can anyone not to do something about is beyond my imagination.
Arjen Robben deserves to be celebrated. It’s just so rare that a player with as specific a skill set as he has becomes so utterly dominant. And in this World Cup, he was dominant. Robben was the best player on a team that reached the semifinals. He was so good at getting into space against opposing center backs and embarrassing them with his speed that the world seemed to get collective amnesia over the fact that ARJEN ROBBEN ISN’T A STRIKER. There have been thousands of words written (many of them by me) about how Robben is actually the definition of an inverted winger. Yet there he was, playing as half of a front two, often on the left, swapping positions with Robin van Persie. And despite van Persie’s iconic Flipper-doing-tricks-at-SeaWorld wonder goal in the Spain match, Robben was the better player across the tournament, and it wasn’t close. Robben, whose best (and in the last decade, only) position is as a right winger, was a better center forward than one of the best center forwards on the planet. It was really a performance for the ages, and it deserves to be recognized that way, not buried under semi-serious moralizing over whether he flops too much. In fact, that “flopping†is as much a skill as his absurd left foot. Robben wins a penalty better than almost anybody playing the game today. Creating contact, enticing defenders to put their bodies in vulnerable positions, having the body control to pick the route that makes the contact penalty worthy, and having the ability to sell that contact, whether or not it actually occurs … that’s a skill. And it makes it terrifying for defenders to try to stop him. It’s not the players’ job to make officiating the game easier for the referees. And when you look at the game that way, it takes the weight off of fretting over what’s acceptable and what’s not, and just leaves you free to enjoy exactly how good Robben is at making the referees’ job a living hell. Is it a dark art? Sure. It’s also worth a handful of goals a year, and for the Netherlands, it might have proved the difference between the Round of 16 and the final four. Then there’s the absurd fitness level. He’s 30, he has a game that relies on speed, he has suffered from hamstring problems throughout his career, he has the hairline of a 58-year-old, and yet there he was in the second half of extra time against Argentina, taking guys on, sprinting past opponents, gesturing angrily for the ball. Thirty-year-old wingers are not supposed to be terrifying for 120 minutes at the end of a long tournament. So, yeah, maybe Robben isn’t for everybody. If you’re playing against him, he makes the perfect villain. If you support his team, it makes it exceedingly difficult to hold the moral high ground. And if you’re a neutral, he forces you to look at exactly how fine the margins are between a foul and a flop. I don’t care about any of that. Robben is at the height of his powers (though he shouldn’t be) and he isn’t appreciated (though he should be). And now after coming agonizingly close four years ago, he and his team fell again, only slightly further away. Some people will vilify him. I choose to celebrate him. And I hope that somehow he eludes Father Time for four more years and comes back for one more improbable run.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/world-cup-pass-move-semi-charmed-lives/