2014 Cabinet Formation

Sachin=GOD

Who decides that?Shouldnt that be one of the criteria on which people vote?
People choose the person who can do well for their area or who is more popular in their area, not someone who may/may not be able to do well as an administrator.

so Sadanand Gowda as Railways Minister...is he any good?...lot of things to be changed in railways...and its welcome move to get a a non Bihari-WB this time
Guy is not bad...but dont know whether can handle Railway single handedly..i guess there will be some support from technocrats like Shreedharan. First of all its not even in confirmed.

Press Trust of India ‏@PTI_News Uma Bharti retracts her earlier tweet in which she had said that she got Water Resources and Ministry for Ganga cleaning. Daant padi lagta hai :giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical:

People choose the person who can do well for their area or who is more popular in their area' date=' not someone who may/may not be able to do well as an administrator.[/quote'] People vote(or atleast are supposed to vote) based on administrative skills of the candidates,whether its for their area or overall If a good administrator(whoever decides it) fails to get elected,that represents a failure of democracy but that doesnt mean that there can be a jugaad way to get him in.Ideal process should be followed or else it can be open to misuse no?

People vote(or atleast are supposed to vote) based on administrative skills of the candidates' date=whether its for their area or overall If a good administrator(whoever decides it) fails to get elected,that represents a failure of democracy but that doesnt mean that there can be a jugaad way to get him in.Ideal process should be followed or else it can be open to misuse no?
History of India says otherwise.

People vote(or atleast are supposed to vote) based on administrative skills of the candidates' date=whether its for their area or overall If a good administrator(whoever decides it) fails to get elected,that represents a failure of democracy but that doesnt mean that there can be a jugaad way to get him in.Ideal process should be followed or else it can be open to misuse no?
Not exactly. People are expected to vote for someone who will do well for their area....he/she doesn't necessarily have to be a good administrator to do good for for a particular city IMO. See, good administration and ability to win popular vote in Lok Sabha election do not always go side side. For ex - someone like Dr. E. Sreedharan, who is one of the world's top most authorities on Railways, will probably not win Lok Sabha elections while someone as incompetent as Rahul Gandhi has been winning by margin of 1 lac plus for three terms - it does not make Rahul better than Dr. Sreedharan in any possible criteria. In case of selecting Ministers for such heavy portfolios like Finance etc, capability should be the criteria and NOT whether he/she has won an election or not. If they have won an election thats good but not winning an election should not make someone ineligible.

Not exactly. People are expected to vote for someone who will do well for their area....he/she doesn't necessarily have to be a good administrator to do good for for a particular city IMO. See, good administration and ability to win popular vote in Lok Sabha election do not always go side side. For ex - someone like Dr. E. Sreedharan, who is one of the world's top most authorities on Railways, will probably not win Lok Sabha elections while someone as incompetent as Rahul Gandhi has been winning by margin of 1 lac plus for three terms - it does not make Rahul better than Dr. Sreedharan in any possible criteria. In case of selecting Ministers for such heavy portfolios like Finance etc, capability should be the criteria and NOT whether he/she has won an election or not. If they have won an election thats good but not winning an election should not make someone ineligible.
As I said Rahul winning is more due to ignorance of people.E.Sreedharan should ideally be winning,but if he doesnt,that doesnt mean just ignore the elections,then whats the purpose of it? I still dont know who decides the portfolios,but choosing from people that have lost too opens it to misuse.If they chose between selected ones,atleast the people know that they themselves elected him.They'll chose better next time then :--D anyway I am out.thanks for answering my noob queries:icflove:

As I said Rahul winning is more due to ignorance of people.E.Sreedharan should ideally be winning,but if he doesnt,that doesnt mean just ignore the elections,then whats the purpose of it? I still dont know who decides the portfolios,but choosing from people that have lost too opens it to misuse.If they chose between selected ones,atleast the people know that they themselves elected him.They'll chose better next time then :--D anyway I am out.thanks for answering my noob queries:icflove:
Here's what I think - in India's political system the people select Lok Sabha candidates who can do well for their constituencies, and not ones who may/may not go on to become Ministers. It is the Prime Minister's prerogative to select the council of ministers.

Here's what I think - in India's political system the people select Lok Sabha candidates who can do well for their constituencies' date=' and not ones who may/may not go on to become Ministers. It is the Prime Minister's prerogative to select the council of ministers.[/quote'] That has potential for misuse no?Prime Minister can basically chose anyone.