****Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Thread***

G_B_

Somebody like Lodha in Malabar hill is sweating it out. His Gujarati vote bank lives in high rises. The lok sabha galvanized them to vote. His nearest challenger the Shiv sena candidate will be able to bank on x amount of votes from the sena vote bank. Lodha can beat that amount. But only if this vote bank decides to turn up. Malabar hill is the places to watch to see if the well to do have turned out. A low polling in that area and the odds for Lodha look slim.
It's really dead. I went to vote and there was absolutely nobody at the booth. But then again, I guess all the people going to vote will vote for Lodha. Nobody else stands a chance here.

Heard reports that some sena thugs would try to make it hard for middle class to vote' date=' which is bjp votebank[/quote'] very much possible especially in mumbai.the turnout is very low but still thats not the only reason for a small turnout

It's really dead. I went to vote and there was absolutely nobody at the booth. But then again' date= I guess all the people going to vote will vote for Lodha. Nobody else stands a chance here.
lets see the reports I am getting is that the sena is confident in Mumbai. Their voters have turned out in greater numbers.Remember the sena won the BMC with a 45% turnout. The BJP is on an extremely firm footing in marathwada and viderbha

Heard reports that some sena thugs would try to make it hard for middle class to vote' date=' which is bjp votebank[/quote'] this is a myth spread by the BJP The truth is the middle classes were not bothered enough to vote. The konkan which is another place the sena is strong saw a good turnout. Its just Mumbai

- Times Nows / CVoter Exit Poll: BJP - 129, Shiv Sena - 56, Congress - 43 and NCP - 36. - ABP News-Nielsen Exit Poll: BJP+ 127, Shiv Sena 77, Congress 40, NCP 34, MNS 5 and Others 5. The sena numbers depend on Mumbai. That low turnout means the sena lower middle class might have the deciding say. Middle class BJP voters have stayed away

the chanakya numbers makes sense I am hearing the BJP might win 55 out of 62 seats in Viderbha and have made heavy inroads in Western maha. Nitin Waghale is of that opinion. The sena numbers of 71 reflect they have done well in mumbai

the chanakya numbers makes sense I am hearing the BJP might win 55 out of 62 seats in Viderbha and have made heavy inroads in Western maha. Nitin Waghale is of that opinion. The sena numbers of 71 reflect they have done well in mumbai
the margin is 9(+,-). BJP 142-160 SS 62-89 NCP23-33 Cong 22-32

will be interesting to see if Chanakya can get it right.... Imgaine if the BJP and the sena would have got in coalition.
I didn't follow the election in maha. I know BJP wanted more seats. Sena was trying to get a better all along then ? Seems like they have done really well if they get close to chanakya numbers.