Malik and Dhoni

kabira

are young and leading lot of seniors.. I see difference in their approach... I saw Dhoni take inputs from SRT, Ganguly etcs...which is good to see, it means seniors are happy to let him lead.. I did not see Malik even approach likes of YK, MoYo etc..or may be they did not care enuf to talk to him..may be they have differences..which is letting them down. I feel Malik will not last long as captain...

though malik isn't really showing any class in his captaincy.. i still feel he is the best man to lead... i don't think anyone else other then him can captain pak really.. yousuf and younis can't... actor can't... afridi can captain them only in lotte super skills.. kamran akmal might get dropped if he asks for captaincy..

though malik isn't really showing any class in his captaincy.. i still feel he is the best man to lead... i don't think anyone else other then him can captain pak really.. yousuf and younis can't... actor can't... afridi can captain them only in lotte super skills.. kamran akmal might get dropped if he asks for captaincy..
Younis is a far better captain than Malik. If PAK don't do well on this tour then Younis would certainly be given another offer to captain the team.
Younis is a far better captain than Malik. If PAK don't do well on this tour then Younis would certainly be given another offer to captain the team.
That would be a pretty retarded move. Why does everything in Pakistani cricket always have to revolve around what they do against India. Younis was offered captaincy & he refused to take it. He doesnt deserve it anymore
are young and leading lot of seniors.. I see difference in their approach... I saw Dhoni take inputs from SRT, Ganguly etcs...which is good to see, it means seniors are happy to let him lead.. I did not see Malik even approach likes of YK, MoYo etc..or may be they did not care enuf to talk to him..may be they have differences..which is letting them down. I feel Malik will not last long as captain...
Dhoni is a confident cricketer and quite unlike Shoaib Malik a very confident skipper as well. What is telling, in my opinion, is how Dhoni has supported fringe players like Murali Karthik and Gautam Gambhir. For two reasons - one obviously because they are fringe player and atleast in case of Murali Karthik a player whose career was by and large over. Secondly because he has supported them in a situation where he could easily be tagged anti-Ganguly. Do bear in mind that Murali Karthik was never liked by Ganguly and to get Gambhir in Dhoni had to leave Sehwag out, not easy decision to make(and it doesnt help that Sehwag is a known Ganguly follower). At the end of the day Dhoni looks like his own man and doesnt mind talking to Sachin and other seniors purely as a skipper. Malik doesnt seem to have that sort of confidence, not surprising since his position in Pakistani team is hardly as secure as Dhoni's. xxx
why? if you aren't doing well as a captain then what's wrong in being replaced by a better option.
That would mean Shoaib Malik was given all of TWO series before the axe. How can you judge a captain within such a short time ? If Younis Khan were to be judged like that (he lost his first ever tourney as captain (ICC CT) in a humiliating manner), he would have never been considered for captaincy again.

Dhoni seems like a captain who goes into the game with a plan (promptly brought in Sachin for his leg stump line, ahead of Karthik & Bhajji when Afridi was batting), unlike Malik. Besides, Dhoni is taking the initiative and the responsbility to make things happen (his promotion in the batting order for example), unlike Malik, who is happy to send an out of form Kamran Akmal to open, because thats what they always did, when they did not have two regular openers

Dhoni is smart enough to buy the loyality of these players.. Sehwag was indebted to Dravid as Dravid as captain showed confidence in him and backed him till he could.. and as a player you would always give your more than 100 % when one would realise that his place is in the team because of his captain.. he will be ready to die for his captain.. i am sure...Gambhir...Murli..will do anything on the command of his captain...on the field...and will always try to prove his captain that his confidence on them is not wrong.. only sachin was not that adamant...rest all were...like Ganguly...Dravid..now Dhoni.. i do see one hurdle though... and its Yuvraj Singh.. its not good when some one has aspirations to lead india..and was side stepped... it will be interesting to see...if yuvi can be as selfless..as he has been so far..or it seems like its been selfless so far.. there is a clash of personalities.. Dhoni has suddenly rose to super stardom....in two years... obviously...there will be some jealousy...some dejections.. it will require a great deal of man management..and leadership skills to manage so many bloated egos.. Bhajji...seems fine...sehwag too seems ok.. real problems will come from..Yuvi and zaheer... but so far so good..

Dhoni is a confident cricketer and quite unlike Shoaib Malik a very confident skipper as well. What is telling, in my opinion, is how Dhoni has supported fringe players like Murali Karthik and Gautam Gambhir. For two reasons - one obviously because they are fringe player and atleast in case of Murali Karthik a player whose career was by and large over. Secondly because he has supported them in a situation where he could easily be tagged anti-Ganguly. Do bear in mind that Murali Karthik was never liked by Ganguly and to get Gambhir in Dhoni had to leave Sehwag out, not easy decision to make(and it doesnt help that Sehwag is a known Ganguly follower). At the end of the day Dhoni looks like his own man and doesnt mind talking to Sachin and other seniors purely as a skipper. Malik doesnt seem to have that sort of confidence, not surprising since his position in Pakistani team is hardly as secure as Dhoni's. xxx
That also comes from the culture/history of the team. Indian players in history have rarely had public spats. SMG/Kapil Kolkata fiasco and Azhar/Sidhu fight in England is all I come up with in the 80s and 90s. Even during the match fixing controversey of 90s, Azhar or Sachin or anybody in the team never had any fights in front of the public/media. Indian team has mostly maintained a professional attitude. Even if it seems Dhoni is going against Ganguly's boys, Ganguly/Dhoni will not show it. While Pakistan is riddled with fights and have always fought their fights in front of the media. Especially when thy are losing. If Malik loses this series, I expect to see some major drama in their team.
That would mean Shoaib Malik was given all of TWO series before the axe. How can you judge a captain within such a short time ? If Younis Khan were to be judged like that (he lost his first ever tourney as captain (ICC CT) in a humiliating manner), he would have never been considered for captaincy again.
You forgot about the famous Karachi test match against IND. A young captain is always going to make mistakes but he must learn from those mistakes and show signs of improvement. Malik hasn't done that yet.

Dhoni's real captaincy test will be in down under. Only then we shall comments about his captaincy skills. But for now, this chap is doing a decent job