We won't play like India: Muralitharan

DesiChap

The chucker's comments have fallen flat and history will remember all the bravado shown by FTB #1 Jayawardhene in pre match comments as a hilarious prelude to the massacre that took place at the Gabba. :laugh: SL have won a grand total of 1 test match against Australia in their history. Some nerve these chumps have. :hysterical:
:haha::haha::haha:, the most overrated team in the world. Post world cup, these guys have done jack shy.te, losing to Pakistan & England (at home) and getting pasted by club sides like Queensland. I hope their glorious run continues into Spring when we play them Down Under
and getting pasted by club sides like Queensland.
Umm..last time we were in australia, we too got pasted by some First class side ( btw, Queensland is NOT a club side. And Any of the FC sides in OZ would give any other test team a serious run for their money). I don't find SL to be overrated - if anything,they are underrated - 1 world cup win and 1 finals appearance in 10 year span, in an era dominated by the Aussies is certainly no mean feat- and clearly better than India's performance.
Rubbish they started it all. We are just not going to be pushed around anymore.
That is rubbish- what was clear is that Indian cricketers- Sreesanth particularly- behaved like they were straight out of the jungle, not a part of a civilization. That you say keep-it-up to that sort of uncouthness while trying to slam Australia for their behaviour(which is far less offensive than Sreesanth's antics), only highlights your hypocrasy and blinkered perspective IMO. I agree with Murali on this- and good on the Lankans to still play with some pride and gentlemanly fashion, instead of the hooliganism unleashed by India.
That is rubbish- what was clear is that Indian cricketers- Sreesanth particularly- behaved like they were straight out of the jungle, not a part of a civilization. That you say keep-it-up to that sort of uncouthness while trying to slam Australia for their behaviour(which is far less offensive than Sreesanth's antics), only highlights your hypocrasy and blinkered perspective IMO. I agree with Murali on this- and good on the Lankans to still play with some pride and gentlemanly fashion, instead of the hooliganism unleashed by India.
calling sreesanth guilty isn't appropriate.... as if bowlers like Mcgrath never diid their crap stuff.. Mcgrath spit on Griffith.... more over in every windis tour he did some drama.. atleast sreesanth hasn't reached that limit.. that said.. i am a big time aussie supporter too.. but really its annoying to see u overseaz Indianz calling ur countrymenz the wrong one every time..
calling sreesanth guilty isn't appropriate.... as if bowlers like Mcgrath never diid their crap stuff.. Mcgrath spit on Griffith.... more over in every windis tour he did some drama..
Ofcourse Sree is guilty! Very much so guilty! And yes, McGrath too had lost it a few times on the pitch - but i am not justifying that. All i said is, as far as the latest Aus-IND series goes, Indian team was quite easily, the most uncouth and hooligan.
but really its annoying to see u overseaz Indianz calling ur countrymenz the wrong one every time..
Repeat after me...nationalism...and sport....they should never mix. And if you do mix them, you gotto be amongst the biggest losers walking the planet. If you lose objectivity in sport due to nationalism, it only shows how biassed you are at the core and how much more you have to learn to being a human being. I criticize India more than any other team for a very straightforward reason : it is my nation, it represents me(or atleast, pretends to) on the field and i demand the highest standards- both in conduct and in skill - in the sport in question. I couldn't care if another team threw a punch of bodyslammed someone on the pitch- as long as it is NOT MY TEAM doing it, i am happy and if my team acts like Sreesanth clones, they will get slammed by me every single team, ten outta ten. And as far as the Aussies go- i am willing to tolerate some of their brazenness. They are the world champs, they are the best damn team going around without question and i think they've earnt their bragging rights. And at the very least, Aussies can back up the chat that our players cannot. And if you chat without backing it up, it only makes you look Sreesanth-esque foolish and retarded. Aggression from pace bowlers cut two ways- if your aggression is not backed up by performance(and no, 10-0-55-2 type Sreesanth figures are not 'backing it up) then the opposition figures you for a fraud and takes categoric pleasure in dismembering you. Can't say Sree doesn't deserve it.
:haha::haha::haha:' date=' the most overrated team in the world. Post world cup, these guys have done jack shy.te, losing to Pakistan & England (at home) and getting pasted by club sides like Queensland. I hope their glorious run continues into Spring when we play them Down Under[/quote'] Too right. Overrated as hell this bunch of losers. These guys have managed to lose 7 out of the 9 tests in OZ with two draws. The great javelin master has been pulverised time and again against OZ. His bowling avg against them is a mesmerising 33 and in Australia, 68. :hysterical:

Oh FFS. Here's the deal, gents. There's a thread here ripping on Muralithrowin's Inzamamesque performances against Australia in Australia. We're digressing too much and if anyone wants to discuss semantics on patriotism/nationalism/Teletubbies/Khmer Rouge/etc with Bongo, take it to the General discussion forum. I shall now start chiming in and posting assorted bowling figures/stats from Murali's time v. Aus/in Aus in response to every OT post Bongo/anyone who quotes Bongo makes. Meanwhile, his last big occasion figures v. Aus: 7-0-44-0. Sound familiar?

Gambit: Worth noting Murali started his test career with figures of 3/141 for his debut game. This was in Colombo. Opponent isn't hard to guess. :D
The only series where JT(javelin thrower) did well against OZ was SL's home series in 2004. But SKW was as good if not better and ended up taking OZ to a 3-0 victory. :dance: Remember the 3rd test 4th innings effort from him in that series?