Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

I don't see how this can be a conspiracy to rat out SS. 1. The Modi Government has completed one year without any controversy around misuse of power. Why would anybody on the government side want to change that? Modi has been especially critical of people who have made controversial statements to bring down all the goodwill that has been gained by the government, so I just don't see why there would be a need to create such a controversy. 2. Over the last year SS as External Affairs Minister and Modi as PM have forged a good working relationship. As Modi is widely involved in foreign affairs, SS has given him the space and not created any issues. In fact, her ministry has worked seamlessly with the PMO to ensure Modi's foreign trips are a grand success. So, I don't see any reason why she needs to be "eased out of the government" either.

Lalit Modi= IPL. No complains apart from his n00bistic attitude during reign. Minor corruption charges can be framed/dug against allmost everyone ranging from office peon to president of India. So am not bothered. Sushma always tries to help Indians in need ioutside its border. And I think despite her views, British government legal system wouldn't be influenced, so its a case of error of judgement.

^^ Anybody can question anybody in a secular and democratic country, be it in the PM, President. So since when does our VP become immune to questioning? And since when has Yoga become anti-Muslim? Is his loyalty to religion only? And since when does our VP represent entire Muslim community? There are many Muslims who are doing Yoga. These Congressman have no shame in doing Sonia namaste, so surely what's the problem with Surya namaste?

^^ Anybody can question anybody in a secular and democratic country, be it in the PM, President. So since when does our VP become immune to questioning? And since when has Yoga become anti-Muslim? Is his loyalty to religion only? And since when does our VP represent entire Muslim community? There are many Muslims who are doing Yoga. These Congressman have no shame in doing Sonia namaste, so surely what's the problem with Surya namaste?
Yes....everybody can be questioned in a democratic country but I think we are all intelligent enough to understand the unsaid part in Ram Madhav's tweet - questioning the VP's absence because he is a Muslim. Then he tweeted that he has been informed that VP is unwell. Then he deleted both the tweets. Now NDTV is reporting that VP's office has said that he wasn't invited for the function.

Yes....everybody can be questioned in a democratic country but I think we are all intelligent enough to understand the unsaid part in Ram Madhav's tweet - questioning the VP's absence because he is a Muslim. Then he tweeted that he has been informed that VP is unwell. Then he deleted both the tweets. Now NDTV is reporting that VP's office has said that he wasn't invited for the function.
I don't understand what the big deal is if Ram Madhav questioned the absence. Similarly, even if the VP were invited and did not attend, it would be fine as the event was voluntary. In this case, the VP and the President were not invited, perhaps because of protocol issues.

I don't understand what the big deal is if Ram Madhav questioned the absence. Similarly' date=' even if the VP were invited and did not attend, it would be fine as the event was voluntary. In this case, the VP and the President were not invited, perhaps because of protocol issues.[/quote'] The VP's absence was questioned only because of his religion. You know that as well as I do.

"This interrogation of the VP’s participation had a dangerous subtext. If you are not doing government-mandated yoga, are you loyal enough? Participation in Yoga Day event was insidiously converted into a loyalty test for a person holding a Constitutional office. This was a carefully crafted insinuation by a senior BJP leader and it was done in full awareness of the impact it would have on social media and elsewhere. This was amplified in not-so-careful terms by many others and an attempt to destroy Ansari’s image was nearly successful. We must ask whether the same question was also put to Jayalalithaa or Arun Jaitley who did not participate, either. " http://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/how-bjp-did-the-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-asana-on-yoga-day-115062200458_1.html#.VYfegWZ2aVZ.twitter

^ Opinions on twitter are personal opinion, BJP has Hindu nationalist , when ever they point some finger, immediately media slices that finger, marinates it with spices, and then wraps it with some beef and then putting it up that politicians wee hole. I support the media as far as slicing is done, and at times, marinating too. Anything after that is step too far.

Yes....everybody can be questioned in a democratic country but I think we are all intelligent enough to understand the unsaid part in Ram Madhav's tweet - questioning the VP's absence because he is a Muslim. Then he tweeted that he has been informed that VP is unwell. Then he deleted both the tweets.
So just because he is Muslim, he becomes immune to everything. Why is always Hindus who need to prove how "secular" they are? Our Hindus freely talks and admires other religions. Muslims also need to show their secularism credentials. Like will our Muslims leaders even say Jai Shree Ram? Yoga is a non political activity, yet we seen so many intolerance towards it by Muslims. Shows the hypocrisy. Additional, had a Hindu VP did not send greetings on a minority event, there would be a big outrage in MSM.

So the 'narrative' got diverted from a successful International Yoga day event to What some Chewt RSS man said to VP... :facepalm: This could be deliberate ploy by RSS to discredit Modi after a successful event... I'm at a loss... There are so many counter forces working in Indian politics. I hope Modi and his team completes a very successful term...

Not really, it rather shows the huge influence Congress has on the MSM and in general sense over India. Despite getting 44 seats, they get to set the agenda and talking points . Thus, there is still a huge machinery there for propaganda of Congress. The SM is the only solution today to challenge it.