Sangakkara is a legend

Sanga 200 in one of the toughest pitches in recent times against a rampant NZ attack from a no hope situation(75/5). 11 double hundreds, 1 short of Bradman. Surely the greatest batsman of modern times. An ATG.
Post-2000s most likely - yes. In the 1990s, I reckon there were a couple of ATGs too.

Sanga is great player no doubt...but guys stop comparing him with Lara,SRT or Ponting. This is not say he is inferior to them but those 3 played in 90s when countries had more potent attacks ...even WI was no push over then....come to late 2000s except Aus & SA no one has any great attack (Eng for some part but nothing menacing). May be the only benchmark should be for any player in last 5 years is against Aus or SA in their home conditions.

Sanga is great player no doubt...but guys stop comparing him with Lara' date='SRT or Ponting. This is not say he is inferior to them but those 3 played in 90s when countries had more potent attacks ...even WI was no push over then....come to late 2000s except Aus & SA no one has any great attack (Eng for some part but nothing menacing). May be the only benchmark should be for any player in last 5 years is against Aus or SA in their home conditions.[/quote'] With all due respect I would rate Sanga ahead of Sachin even accounting for 1990's. I can understand as Indians to have emotional attachment to rate him highly but you have to understand the amount of big game wins Sanga has brought his country Sachin has never done. And Lara - the issue with Lara was that his prime was a very short period of time of 3-4 years. Other than that purple patch where he easily was the best - he had a "good" but not great career. So I wouldn't consider him in the top 3. Only Ponting comes to mind as a big match player who contributed to wins. But Ponting had the luxury of playing in a great team which eased his pressure to take risks as he had a Martyn, Gilchrist, Hussey etc. in the middle order who backed him up. Sanga only has Jaya and nowadays Matthews to back him up. Rest of the whole team is ordinary so I would rate him #1 in modern times even above Sachin who padded his entire career with runs that didn't amount to many wins. But this applies to only TESTS. In ODI's Sachin is way above all and I don't think anyone will ever match him as T20's will largely replace ODI's in 5-8 years for sure in my opinion because T20 has a larger worldwide boxoffice audience potential.
With all due respect I would rate Sanga ahead of Sachin even accounting for 1990's. I can understand as Indians to have emotional attachment to rate him highly but you have to understand the amount of big game wins Sanga has brought his country Sachin has never done. And Lara - the issue with Lara was that his prime was a very short period of time of 3-4 years. Other than that purple patch where he easily was the best - he had a "good" but not great career. So I wouldn't consider him in the top 3. Only Ponting comes to mind as a big match player who contributed to wins. But Ponting had the luxury of playing in a great team which eased his pressure to take risks as he had a Martyn, Gilchrist, Hussey etc. in the middle order who backed him up. Sanga only has Jaya and nowadays Matthews to back him up. Rest of the whole team is ordinary so I would rate him #1 in modern times even above Sachin who padded his entire career with runs that didn't amount to many wins. But this applies to only TESTS. In ODI's Sachin is way above all and I don't think anyone will ever match him as T20's will largely replace ODI's in 5-8 years for sure in my opinion because T20 has a larger worldwide boxoffice audience potential.
A King from Antigua deserves that title amongst ODI batsmen - to put it in context, he averaged 47 at a 90+ SR in an era when a 30 avg and 55-60 SR was "good". And he had these stats despite falling off badly in the latter part of his career.
He's no close. Greg Chappel had his issues with short pitch stuffs. I haven't seen him play but what I have read about him indicates the same. Maybe someone knowledgeable could shed some light on it.
You mean sending Andy Robers and Michael Holding to cleaners in 75-76 series and doing the same to lillee and Thommo in Sheffied matches? Lol
Can anybody tel me who is this srilanka fastbowler chameera dushmantha? i heard that he can bowl at 145kph....is it?
I guess he bowled 140+ in his first over in international cricket against NZ.
his first ever over from NZ v SL 7th odi:
11.1 Chameera to Taylor, 1 run, 142 kph, not a bad start, or pace, to begin with by Chameera as he delivers this on a length outside off, as this is cut away just behind square 11.2 Chameera to Williamson, no run, 140 kph, fuller this time, and a touch closer to the batsman, as this is bunted away 11.3 Chameera to Williamson, 1 run, 142 kph, attacks this length ball outside his off stump, getting away an edge high over the slips to find third man on the bounce 11.4 Chameera to Taylor, 1 run, 144 kph, touching the 90s now as Taylor is able to cut this away to third man 11.5 Chameera to Williamson, 1 run, 142 kph, gets nicely on top of the bounce as this is run away through the same region 11.6 Chameera to Taylor, OUT, 146 kph, and Chameera has got a dream start to his limited-overs career as he succeeds in getting Taylor to chop one onto the stumps off the bottom edge as he went searching after this slightly fullish length outside off. Taylor has to go after putting up 11. Chameera is over the moon as he celebrates with his team-mates. That was also the fastest ball of the day too!