Cricket: Bitter Atapattu hits selectors for six; calls them 'muppets headed by joker'

Feed

Sri Lankan selection panel is way worse than Indian one. I think they needed bit of a shake up by someone of Atapattu's stature. I still couldn't quite understand how they could leave out Atapattu out of the team. He's one of the Sri Lankan batsman that has great technique to survive overseas. One bad series in India couple of seasons ago and an injury pretty much cost him 2 seasons.

It is really unnecessary comments by Marwan, because their in middle of a game and this kind of comments are only meant to be divert your focus from cricket to something that is not needed for.

Its quite clear Attapattu is going to quit international cricket after this series. I think his selection in the first place was some sort of a compromise between him and the minister , with the agreement that he will quit after this series. There can be no other explanation to him being recalled from wilderness , overruling the selector's decision. Attapattu obviously doesnt feel the need to be in the good books of the selectors and therefore is having a go at them. But i am not quite sure if that is indeed the right thing to do.

So now I understand what Murali meant when he said, "We wont play like India". :hysterical: Lost to Aussies by an innings on 5th day(thanks to shower on 4th) and Sri Lankan Selectors called bunch of muppets led by a joker while a tour is ongoing. Haan bhai India can't play like this. :D

News is that....Marwan might not be allowed to play remainder matches on this tour as SL board will take a action against his comments...I guess Marwan is desperate to join ICL