The best middle order in ODI cricket?

Sooda

Yuvraj and MSD If not yet, maybe if they can do consistently agaisnt the likes of Aus in Aus then... Both have matured into great accumulators and can really accelerate when needed. I fear we may become a bit too reliant on them once the big three are gone. Hopefully GG and Robin can will keep that from happening Younis/MoYo/Malik aint half bad too...

No, you're pulling figures/data out of your arse. Haddin's batted at 5 twice in his life in ODIs, usually it's been 6 or 7. Hussey's been filling in the 5/6 (usually 6) slot a good deal more, and Clarke's been at 4 for the better part of recent times. And if you look at Symonds' career in the last few years, he's batted at 5 more often than anywhere in the last 2-3 years. The middle order's been Clarke followed by Hussey/Symonds in some order for the most part (until the Dicktorian brigade get their way and send Stodge in to wreck it all), Haddin occasionally slotting in at 7. You've obviously been following most of the Aus . games with your eyes shut barring the recent India series.

OK. Youve accepted that you were talking out of your arse when you called Ponting a middle order batsman (lol) Kinda forgot about Huss :P...Clarke, Hussey, Symonds then...admitedly better then our lot... And you seem to read my posts with your eyes shut too. I have stated if they can score in Aus vs Aus they should be deemed equal. Seeing that the Aus lineup never face as strong an attack as their own. Maybe not yet then but the ODI series in Aus will prove a good test.

Not there yet but coming along nicely. Utthappa, MSD and Yuvi are gonna make one hell of a middle order. If Yuvraj continues this form for 5-6 years India shall we well served. As it is Dhoni has been saying non-stop for 1 year that Yuvraj Singh is India's best LOI batsman and the lad hasnt proved him wrong. I hope Manoj Tiwary gets, and proves, his chances. Tiwary, Uttappa, MSD and Yuvi would make a fearsome foursome woohoo!!

sehwag ko dalo usmein aur fir dekho fear factor.
I wish DR :sad_smile::sad_smile: Love Sehwag but seems the man is over the hill. Kitna chance aur denge usko? That when many of the new guns like Raina, Rohit Sharma, Badri, Tiwary etc etc are knocking furiously at the door. Surely Sehwag should come good now or never.

BUMP Foreseen a whole 2 years ago. Was I right on. Or what...? Ok. Maybe not. A bit of hyperbole. Defo so back then, and even a bit now. ( btw In my mind, top order is the top three batters. 4 and 5 probably middle order. The 6/7 is lower middle before you get to the tail )

arre.. dont forget raina.. yuvi, dhoni, raina form solid middle order in subcontinent.. but outside of subcontinent is a question..
Yep. The thread was created 2 years ago when Raina wasnt wuite the player he is. But now those three are pretty solid looking. They probably have to do a bit more outside india as you say though
Holysmoke must be smoking something real bad that he included ponting part of middle order. He is part of Top Order. no. 3 and no. 4 = top order
^THATS what I said, even Mr Wicket called him a middle order bat.

Dhoni, UV and Raina is the best middle order in the world without doubt. In fact, we have the best batting lineup in the world right now without any doubt. If we improve our bowling a bit more than we can remain a very strong force to reckon with. If we are batting first, then definitely yes. While chasing 250 plus, we still need to see more consistent performances from this middle order.