I am postively convinced

Ram

Hey Sam! It's been a long time. Good to hear from you again.
Hi !!!!!! its good to get back in touch with you :) dont see ya much online on msn. this time am here to hang around and have some fun. Salil, life in new york was fun fun but am now back in chennai for good. started my own architecture firm. Are u working now or studying? any news what newsjunkie or Raj up to ?

oh how this game is an evil equalizer and can humble even the most arrogant of the lot... less than 18 months ago, our across the border contemporaries were singing praise of akmal after his brilliant century and rearguard action with razzaq to fashion a victory in the third test of that farcical test series in 2006; at times comparing him to the likes of gilchrist and boucher, praising his glovework, chanting laurels of his batting and how he was destined to storm the cricket world, possibly end an illustrious career ahead of his predecessors moin and latif; while at the same time dismissing dhoni as a flat track bully (they love that word dont they? while forgetting that afridi is not only not a batsman, he is a nothing of a batsman even when provided the flattest pancakes of them all) and ridiculing his shoddy glovework. even today they seem to dismiss dhoni as a mere abberation and his freshman year exploits as just that: freshman year exploits. however, a fresh examination would reveal the gulf of difference between the players. one has descended into utter chaos, removed from the team on the basis of a contentious claim of injury, replaced by a rookie who would probably not prove to much of an improvement (in the words of the captain himself! way to go for giving your rookies tokens of confidence ahead of a krackerjack debut); whereas the other one has maintained an ODI average amongst the very best in the game, raked up runs at a healthy rate (only the third wicketkeeper ever to score more than a thousand runs in a year) and has ascended to the position of captain. maybe its a lesson for our neighbors. the so called one hit wonders that we produce and they love to ridicule and dismiss are evidently made of sterner stuff. pathan seemed to be a lost cause last year. and today he has rushed back into the vacant air pocket he was once dislodged from. tendulkar has been merculian as ever, and harbhajan is playing as if there never was a question about his ability, commitment or attitude. heck even murli kartik is back.

oh how this game is an evil equalizer and can humble even the most arrogant of the lot... less than 18 months ago, our across the border contemporaries were singing praise of akmal after his brilliant century and rearguard action with razzaq to fashion a victory in the third test of that farcical test series in 2006; at times comparing him to the likes of gilchrist and boucher, praising his glovework, chanting laurels of his batting and how he was destined to storm the cricket world, possibly end an illustrious career ahead of his predecessors moin and latif; while at the same time dismissing dhoni as a flat track bully (they love that word dont they? while forgetting that afridi is not only not a batsman, he is a nothing of a batsman even when provided the flattest pancakes of them all) and ridiculing his shoddy glovework. even today they seem to dismiss dhoni as a mere abberation and his freshman year exploits as just that: freshman year exploits. however, a fresh examination would reveal the gulf of difference between the players. one has descended into utter chaos, removed from the team on the basis of a contentious claim of injury, replaced by a rookie who would probably not prove to much of an improvement (in the words of the captain himself! way to go for giving your rookies tokens of confidence ahead of a krackerjack debut); whereas the other one has maintained an ODI average amongst the very best in the game, raked up runs at a healthy rate (only the third wicketkeeper ever to score more than a thousand runs in a year) and has ascended to the position of captain. maybe its a lesson for our neighbors. the so called one hit wonders that we produce and they love to ridicule and dismiss are evidently made of sterner stuff. pathan seemed to be a lost cause last year. and today he has rushed back into the vacant air pocket he was once dislodged from. tendulkar has been merculian as ever, and harbhajan is playing as if there never was a question about his ability, commitment or attitude. heck even murli kartik is back.
and who was he compared to? look no further than my avatar.:D

Doesn't even compare to the crap dished out by some of your brethren, MP. During the '04 tour, there was no shortage of bullsh*t from them - one day they claimed Hameed was better than Dravid, the next day Taufeeq Umar was better than Sehwag, and later Malik was supposedly a "Pakistani Ponting". Glass houses.

as compared to your comparisons: afridi to a beast (quite fitting if you are comparing IQs) zahid, sami, gul etc etc to waqar (both ends of the comparison quite useless and overrated) asif to mcgrath (considering asif's record in ODIs a better comparison would be debasish mohanty) younis khan and mohammed yousuf (or whatever it is we are calling him this week) to bradman... must i go on?

Doesn't even compare to the crap dished out by some of your brethren' date= MP. During the '04 tour, there was no shortage of bullsh*t from them - one day they claimed Hameed was better than Dravid, the next day Taufeeq Umar was better than Sehwag, and later Malik was supposedly a "Pakistani Ponting". Glass houses.
The point is that people will always make silly statements so it's unfair to single out some and spare the rest. I think you would agree with me that comparing M Patel to Mcgrath is not much better than comparing Malik to Ponting or Taufeeq to Sehwag.
The point is that people will always make silly statements so it's unfair to single out some and spare the rest. I think you would agree with me that comparing M Patel to Mcgrath is not much better than comparing Malik to Ponting or Taufeeq to Sehwag.
So why bring that comparison thing which is nothing but a media stunt? And you say that you agree with me. So I'm a bit confused about why you brought that media comparisons in the thread with which no one agrees!! What was your point?
Indian media.
...and you take the Indian media seriously ? :hysterical: That is pretty stupid. Nobody on this forum takes the Indian media seriously - we all know that they are nothing but gossip-mongers out to sell stories. If you and other p@kis are gullible enough to treat the media's BS as a representation of the Indian public's opinion, well... BTW, the comparisons i mentioned were made by POSTERS on your forum, not by any media.
So why bring that comparison thing which is nothing but a media stunt? And you say that you agree with me. So I'm a bit confused about why you brought that media comparisons in the thread with which no one agrees!! What was your point?
Point is that people from both side of the borders say silly things. THX was trying to give the PAK fans a 'lesson' of how we shouldn't over rate players yet he forgot about the comparisions that i just mentioned about.
...and you take the Indian media seriously ? :hysterical: That is pretty stupid. Nobody on this forum takes the Indian media seriously - we all know that they are nothing but gossip-mongers out to sell stories. If you and other p@kis are gullible enough to treat the media's BS as a representation of the Indian public's opinion, well... BTW, the comparisons i mentioned were made by POSTERS on your forum, not by any media.
and you think that the Pakistani public as a whole thinks Y Hameed is a better batsman than Dravid:haha:. Talking about the posters i clearly remember a certain poster comparing Wasim Akram to Manoj Prabahkar(don't think i need to mention his name)