Akmal to go home....

beetle

He would have hurt us with his batting. He's won or saved two Tests against us- saved the one at Mohali, and won it for Pakistan from a hopeless situation at Karachi. Pakistan will find it difficult to replace his batting. I get the distinct impression that the team management lost patience with him. He kept all the way to the end today, so the injury couldn't have been serious.

He would have hurt us with his batting. He's won or saved two Tests against us- saved the one at Mohali, and won it for Pakistan from a hopeless situation at Karachi. Pakistan will find it difficult to replace his batting. I get the distinct impression that the team management lost patience with him. He kept all the way to the end today, so the injury couldn't have been serious.
I'd disagree. Most of these folks who are touted as the next BIG stars, dont last beyond an year or two. Look at their openers -- Taufeeq Umar, Imran Nazir for example, or their fast bowling prospects -- Mohd Zahid, Mohd Sami or their MO bats -- Asim Kamal. Like all these ephemerals, Akmal had his brief moments in the sun. He is the most overrated wicket keeper batsman of the current lot. Check his overseas record, its absolutely shocking! His exit will worry India, as we'll lose the luxury of Akmal both behind & infront of the stumps.