India hint at five-bowler strategy

Doubt it Fletcher always preferred 5 bowlers even with England.I can't see us discarding this theory until Dhoni has few failures Even if it discarded for away tests we will 100% continue with it at home imo considering our 100% success that 5 bowler attack and Dhoni's reliability at home.
We had 4 bowlers against WI in tests at home.
If he was trusted by Fletcher and co he would have made his debut vs Zimbabwe . Also Jadeja is a better bat than Rassol imo Being a similar spinner to Ashwin might hinder Rassol as well
What has Jadeja done to have any trust in his batting?
Classical offies aren't going to win you matches especially overseas. Unless ofcourse he can give it a rip like swann which I don't think rasool can.
Rassol has a good side on action and will certainly turn the ball. In fact, classical spinners do better overseas than mystery ones.

Rohit only saved us in the first test even then Ashwin scored a century and Dhoni scored 50 I think . 2nd test we had like 120 run lead when Rohit came into bat with Pujara well set. Also wi batting can't be much of a test . We will struggle to take 20 take at home without 5 bowlers as Eng series showed.

Rohit only saved us in the first test even then Ashwin scored a century and Dhoni scored 50 I think . 2nd test we had like 120 run lead when Rohit came into bat with Pujara well set. Also wi batting can't be much of a test . We will struggle to take 20 take at home without 5 bowlers as Eng series showed.
It was Rohit-Ashwin partnership that bailed the team out, DHoni scored 42. We were 156/6 at one point.
It was Rohit-Ashwin partnership that bailed the team out' date=' DHoni scored 42. We were 156/6 at one point.[/quote'] Yeah . but my point is even vs WI our lower was very reliable (Dhoni Ashwin etc ) . We were in trouble becoz of top order collapse that is rare in home conditions with this line up. But our bowling attack is too weak to be relied to take 20 wkts as eng series showed with 4 bowlers .
But our bowling attack is too weak to be relied to take 20 wkts as eng series showed with 4 bowlers .
so were 5 bowlers going to win that series? what makes you think the 5th bowler has some extra strength with him? its totally baseless and irrational india has a very strong record at home and has won many matches with 4 bowlers..here we have posters making the most absurd claims matches are not won by 4 or 5 or 6 bowlers but by quality performances

At home spinner can bowl majority of overs...in away matches fast bowlers have to bowl so use some common sense ...an ashwin-jadeja combination can bowl 50+ overs in a single day or much more but two fast bowlers cannot and that is why every country in world today plays atleast 5 bowlers