Dave Whatmore: Next Indian Coach ( Supposedly )

Rajiv

Guest HariSampath

I am not so sure, and I can't say I would trust Aaj Tak too much without any corroborating "scoop" from other channels... Whatmore is already NCA consultant, how come he is being considered for coach job. Lalu Rajput has been screaming from the rooftops he needs to be given the job ( he would suck, anyway) . A small ***gossip*** about Whatmore. When India toured Bangladesh , and he was being tipped for the coach job, many would remember that all of a sudden his name fell away. He was even criticised by the Bangla cricket assn. I **heard-from-the-grapevine** that Whatmore had "obliged" certain Indian cricketers ( who could influence coach choice) by making Bangladesh bowl after winning the toss, and everyone in India got hundreds....something that may not have been that easy if Bangla had batted and perhaps put up 250 or so, because India would have had to declare after taking a big enough lead. This apparently was made known to Bangla assn officials who also knew that Whatmore had been openly lobbying for the Indian job, and were hardly amused. This also became known to many BCCI officials and some cricket journos too, and apparently some powers that be did not want to push for Whatmore's candidature brazenly then....probably they think it can be done now...how disgusting.... and BCCI/Indian cricket continues its murky ways..

Apparently he is one of the 5 people (rest are a big secret)being considered.... Bcci is extremely embarrased by the lack of interest in the top coach job...they just might make him the coach. We do need one for aussie series....
Rads, thats called "licking what you spit"! Will BCCI ponder even for a moment why no one wants to coach Indian team? Why no players wants to captain Indian team(two of the most eligible ones refused thrice within a span of 2 months)? Will BCCI ever find the faults which are with them?

>>>>A small ***gossip*** about Whatmore. When India toured Bangladesh , and he was being tipped for the coach job, many would remember that all of a sudden his name fell away. He was even criticised by the Bangla cricket assn. I **heard-from-the-grapevine** that Whatmore had "obliged" certain Indian cricketers ( who could influence coach choice) by making Bangladesh bowl after winning the toss, and everyone in India got hundreds....something that may not have been that easy if Bangla had batted and perhaps put up 250 or so, because India would have had to declare after taking a big enough lead. This apparently was made known to Bangla assn officials who also knew that Whatmore had been openly lobbying for the Indian job, and were hardly amused. This also became known to many BCCI officials and some cricket journos too, and apparently some powers that be did not want to push for Whatmore's candidature brazenly then....probably they think it can be done now...how disgusting.... and BCCI/Indian cricket continues its murky ways.. That was the reason he wasn't given the job. His back stabbing didn't go down well with people..

Guest HariSampath
I have been hooked on all 3 Indian Ch's and no one repeated it Not even aaj tak..my hindi might be bad but why would they bold out dave whatmore
I have checked the news channels too, no mention anywhere.... particularly CNN IBN, becos whenever any other channel breaks a story, you can trust CNN to do a small followup and claim it as "first to break" :D and whats this about your Hindi being bad....Rajeev, I thought you were completely hindi, and I was happy so long my hindi was the worst here....you have spoiled my party :-((
I have checked the news channels too, no mention anywhere.... particularly CNN IBN, becos whenever any other channel breaks a story, you can trust CNN to do a small followup and claim it as "first to break" :D and whats this about your Hindi being bad....Rajeev, I thought you were completely hindi, and I was happy so long my hindi was the worst here....you have spoiled my party :-((
Reading Hindi I mean, I can't write and read for nuts
Guest HariSampath
what a pity you both can't enjoy all the masala breaking news in hindi like "bahu ne saas ko peeta"...:D
no problem Rads....I can read Hindi perfectly well, just that I don't understand it too much.... the above breaking news to me is " daughter in law is drinking blah blah.." which is anyway good enough to enjoy...:D