Help, Dileep, Help

Dhondy

Shame on you and you don't deserve to be called anything remotely close to a cricket fan seriously. Thats juvenile and I am utterly shocked you were ever considered by others asone of the senior founders of this board. What a creepy slimy thing to say when u dont have anything else to talk on cricket.:thumbs_down::thumbs_down::thumbs_down:
Fine, I am a bit of a slimeball, Hari. What took you so long to find out? Keep away from bad boys in the future, eh? (Goes away laughing like a maniac and throwing middle finger gestures to passerbys....hic..)
Exactly..... he seems to have tunnel vision when it comes to Harbhajan' date=' which is why he just clutches at Bhajjis 15 wkts in 6 games against to make a case for banishing him from ALL test cricket at all times. Doc is completely failing to account for the fact Bhajji picked up 14 wkts against SL in the two tests we won. Plus no addressing the fact that Bhajji has performed as a top spinner for 9 years right up to his last 2 tests where he took 2 fivers... If all these facts and all the career stats I have placed are totally ignored and Bhajji is a "useless tweaker"...etc... what is the point in trying to talk cricket.?[/quote'] Bhajji does not deserve to bowl in tests anymore. he is only a threat against Aussies and mostly a negetive bowler, not a thinking bowler. Plus Kumble has 2-3 yrs in him atmost, he is far better off picking Ojha or Chawla in spinner-friendly wickets to complement him and teach them the tricks of the trade. Besides, Bhajji usually gets pasted by Pakistan in tests.
Guest HariSampath
Fine, I am a bit of a slimeball, Hari. What took you so long to find out? Keep away from bad boys in the future, eh? (Goes away laughing like a maniac and throwing middle finger gestures to passerbys....hic..)
Just was giving you the benefit of doubt for a while.... You should perhaps keep away from knowledgeable cricket talk

In all fairness Doc, I think you're going a bit overboard there. Although returning to the topic Hari, if you've been following the games recently - why would you surmise that Harbhajan should play ahead of Murali Kartik on recent form? Also, if we bring past form from their last games a while ago into this, then why ignore Kartik - who produced a fine spell of bowling on an unhelpful wicket at Nagpur to try and defy Australia while all the rest crumbled around him, and who then ended up turning and winning the following test at Mumbai against stiff odds? (before being horribly mishandled in the next - and his last to date - test by Ganguly on a pathetically flat wicket).

Y4C..deserves some of the the kicks he gets now and then from some posters..
I am sure, you won't be saying the same if we were talkin about your sister here. and Dhondy, I dont know how that makes you a bad boy by talkin about someones sister. If you have the balls, go and do what bad boys do...run the friggin street or the town...swearing on an internet forum only makes you look like a retard. Luckily, I dont have a sister or I will be mighty pissed.
Guest HariSampath
In all fairness Doc, I think you're going a bit overboard there. Although returning to the topic Hari, if you've been following the games recently - why would you surmise that Harbhajan should play ahead of Murali Kartik on recent form? Also, if we bring past form from their last games a while ago into this, then why ignore Kartik - who produced a fine spell of bowling on an unhelpful wicket at Nagpur to try and defy Australia while all the rest crumbled around him, and who then ended up turning and winning the following test at Mumbai against stiff odds? (before being horribly mishandled in the next - and his last to date - test by Ganguly on a pathetically flat wicket).
Look Salil. Selection criterion should be very clear and the only reason should be who are the best 11 who can win a test match now for India. If we are to include current ODI form and recent test match form, and exclude all else. Then should Dravid be dropped ? If we are to consider a players most recent performances against Pakistan alone, then should Laxman, Ganguly and Sachin be dropped ? Then if we are to add present ODI form to the above, we will have Sehwag, Gambhir , Yuvraj as batsmen in place of Sachin, Dravid, Laxman and Ganguly, in the tests. The truth is ideally selection should be selecting your best players in that particular format , as evidenced by their longtime record in that format as well as their record when they last played the same version. In this case it is tests. Also if one single criterion is a players performance against the same team earlier, then for all test series, we would hardly have 4-5 players to select. So performances overall have to be considered in totality. Having said this , Harbhajan is one of our top spinners in test matches over several years. He had performed very well in the last 2 tests he played, and his current form is good too ( in a ODI context). With all this how can anyone say he shouldn't be in the playing 11 just because he has taken only 15 wkts in 6 tests against Pakistan ? More importantly, when we talk of matchwinners , we see who are the bowlers who have it in them to run thru a side and here Harbhajan's record against big teams is very strong. Particularly when we see that apart from Zaheer and Kumble no other bowler is experienced beyond 10 tests. The fact that Indian pitches aid spin is also a great factor. Murali Karthik can play too, but as a test spinner he has a long way to go before coming anywere near Bhajji. His recent performances are just in ODIs, and test cricket is a different ball game as you know. Also if ODI alone ( and Karthik had done reasonably well in tests before) were the criteria, what about other selections of batsmen like I asked ?
I am sure, you won't be saying the same if we were talkin about your sister here. and Dhondy, I dont know how that makes you a bad boy by talkin about someones sister. If you have the balls, go and do what bad boys do...run the friggin street or the town...swearing on an internet forum only makes you look like a retard. Luckily, I dont have a sister or I will be mighty pissed.
Well, you brought up me and Murali Kartik first, didntchya? Naughty, naughty boy. Wassa matter, couldn't take a bit of your own medicine? Lucky for you I'm not a gay rights campaigner.
Did I say Karthik is humping you? and we are havign a conversation' date=' why bring mothers and sisters up?[/quote'] Hey, do you think you are talking to a freshman or something? We threw around that kind of insults while we were still cutting our milk teeth. There's no problem, call me what you like, but don't go all prissy on me when I start enjoying myself as well.
There's no problem, call me what you like, but don't go all prissy on me when I start enjoying myself as well.
You enjoy youself by writing on an interent forum about your fantasies and pipe dreams of f*ckin the sisters of ppl who disagree with u on anything?..hahaha..you must be sexually deprived. Keep going and enjoy yourself.You are pathetic!
Guest HariSampath

Salil.....just to put things in context. If a players performance against a side or in that country were to be an important consideration ( as it has been suggested for Harbhajan)... see the following stats for Tendulkar in ODIs in many countries.. Tendulkar's record in ODIs against the following countries, when playing in those countries ODI avg in Aus = 28 ODI avg in SA = 26 ODI avg in Kenya = 25 ODI avg in NZ = 27 ODI avg in bangladesh = 39 ODI average in England = 39 Can we then conclude that Sachin should never be selected to play in ODIs in all the above countries ??

Dhondy, we r talking about cricket players.. and these players dont even give a hoot about us.. and to bring on one's sister is despicable...and tht too coming frm a Doctor:sad_smile:
Arre bhai Zubin, I am a real badass. Sooner or later you guys would have found out about me.

Hari, when I spoke of form re. the bowlers, I wasn't talking about the numbers. Did you watch the ODIs and see the difference in bowling mentalities, the way Kartik approached his tasks aggressively, seeking to attack and take wickets while Harbhajan bowled purely to keep runs down? And more importantly, the sort of problems Kartik consistently caused?

You enjoy youself by writing on an interent forum about your fantasies and pipe dreams of f*ckin the sisters of ppl who disagree with u on anything?..hahaha..you must be sexually deprived. Keep going and enjoy yourself.You are pathetic!
Many thanks. Chalo, relax now. It's been a refreshing exchange.