Best clutch players in sport?

Dil Dil India

We have to have a consensual definition for clutch player. This is urban dictionary defintion clutch player person or people who's always performing highly impossible goals in a quick and almost impossible amount of time, or in the nick of time; extremely useful and convenient people. Yo, Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are such a clutch players. My friend will get us out of this...he's such a clutch player.

Since we mainly focus on cricket Back in the 70s viswanath i guess Sunny also was a clutch player Kapil dev :hatsoff: 1) 5 for 25 defending a total of 143 with pain killers 2) smashing 4 sixes to avoid follow on 3) Bailing INdia out from 17 for 5 and performed an impossible feat of 175 not out then 4) Taking a very difficult catch of the most omportant batsman of opposition in an world cup final 5) With very little to defend cleaning up his counter part Hadlee in the final over

Interesting who is the best player with their back against the wall. Immediately Novak Djokovic 2011 and early 2012 comes to mind, during that time he played the most fearless and attacking tennis when on the brink. In tennis Nadal is a decent clutch player, but doesn't get into those situations as others. Football, difficult to think of individual players because it is a team sport. But if I had to pick a team in football, it would be Ferguson's Man Utd, as much as I hated them, whenever the pressure was at it's highest, whenever the clock was ticking down they almost always fond a way. Cricket, can we look past Michael Hussey? Hands down the coolest guy under the severest pressure, bailing his team out time after time. But I'd probably pick Novak (biased of course as his fan), what he did on matches points in that crazy year was insane.

McGrath Warne Gilchrist Steve Waugh Laxman Dhoni Raina Gambhir Malinga Angelo Matthews (has come to SL's rescue on a number of occasions) Nadal Djokovic Steven Gerrard Arturo Vidal Daniele De Rossi Ronaldo (Brazilian one) Sergio Ramos John Terry Andres Iniesta Roy Keane