How good was sachin today?

Don

Absoultely breathtaking shots today' date=' Sachin at its absolute best!! That coverdrive off Anjum was godly![/quote'] Divine strokeplay. That flick off Shoaib was incredible as well - sped off like a rocket. Then there was the straight drive off Rao, was it ? Awesome, awesome strokeplay. That backfoot drive he played after that imperious cover drive was another jaw-dropper. They shouldn't have bowled onto his pads as often as they did - Tendulkar can hit you off middle and legstump ALL DAY LONG.

I havent seen the game, but judging from you guys' comments, tonight is gonna be fun for me. I just want to shout out to Bongo.. Did you see the game? Here's what you posted less than a week ago .. was he still as lame today?

He is fairly lame in ODIs too. Rarely does he bat like Ponting or Gillchrist in full flow- sachin these days, always edges a few, gets outfoxed by a few and what not, regardless of whether he makes runs or not. His immaculate innings, the sort that Ponting,Kallis, etc. play today is a thing in history. But he still gets runs in ODIs, so i am definitely not for dropping him there- nomatter how much he scratches around.
Yes, it is lame, because greats, when they are in the zone, play flawlessly till they are out. Tendy used to play like that- where from ball1 he looked like he's been batting for 3 hours. Not a false stroke, not a half-chance no nothing till he got out. Currently, Ponting, Gilly, Kallis, Peitersen etc. play like that. Tendy no longer does, since he is no longer in that top bracket. he plays like others, who always nearly get owned by a couple of balls, get a lucky reprive etc. when they score big. His batting is no longer pleasant to watch but in ODIs, he can still score runs.
We are ? Okay then- in ODIs, Tendy is barely in the top 10 today/out of top 10. Lemme see who i'd rate over Tendy in ODIs today: Ponting, Hayden, Symonds, Hussey, KP, Sarwan, Smith, Kallis, Yousuf, Yuvraj. Sorry, thats 10 right there- so not even in top 10.
From the Test side ? Yes He doesn't bat like this in Test cricket.
And he shouldn't. You're forgetting that he was one of the most successful batsmen in both the last two away tours. But let's not get carried away with this topic again, although I expect same stats from some soon enough :dance: