Tendulkar Analysed: by Hari Sampath.

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
harisampath, it would be better if u stop analysing tendulkar. your analysing methods are quite unique. it can make a normal guy go deaf and dumb
I am not sure about whether you are normal or deaf....but ...
Guest HariSampath
Thats exactly i meant by ''underachiver '' .From a batsman of his ability i expect more .And the amount of praise pouring on him by the fans (including me)' date='i expect more brilliance .[/quote'] no, that is not "underachieving"....but simply not raising his performance even beyond his ability. Because sachin has achieved his par already NOT under it. He can perform beyond potential of ability. so he is not an under achiever, but an achiever who can "over achieve" potentially
Nope, these sorts of small ODI statistics are vital. After all, shouldn't we be denigrating Malcolm Marshall as a real underachiever in cricket as his ODI average against Sri Lanka was only 69 runs/wicket in 6 games? And Viv Richards only averaged 16 against Zimbabwe - which obviously lessens his worth as a batsman. PS: Tendulkar has never been part of a 100+ opening stand in tests - what does that say about him? :P
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
which formula did you use?
No formula. More like if this was an exam and i was marking their batsmanship out of 100, what i'd give them after having watched them for a while. Anyone who thinks Sachin is worse than Lara is either biassed or has short term memory. This is taking nothing away from Lara- who i think is absolutely, miles ahead of Dravid or Ponting or the rest and along with Steve Waugh and Sachin, reside in a different statosphere alltogether. But Tendulkar comes up tops, simply because he dominated the scene far more than Lara did from 94/95 to 2002, when there were excellent bowling attacks around, great pitches where 300s were good scores for the team, etc. So much so that Lara himself has conceded that Tendulkar is better. Its true, Lara has a few unforgettable innings, the likes of which shades ANYONE's, atleast from his era. But my take is not to just look at a few points or the highest points- its to look at it in its entirity- Lara had a few innings of blinding brilliance, yet he had extended periods where he looked CLEARLY struggling and getting owned. Tendy has had much less of that and while the bowling quality was really good, he was amazingly consistent as well as playing top class knocks all the time. Unfortunately, the Tendy-lara comparisons came back again when Tendy got injured after 2002 repeatedly, slowing his reflexes a bit while Lara (who is a fitter guy than Tendy is btw, atleast on field fiested on increasingly weakening attacks. But still, i'd rate Lara as clearly the 2nd best of his era, with Steve Waugh clearly the third best. Dravid,Ponting, Kallis, MoYo,Inzy etc. quite frankly, belong in a tier below those three names, nevermind what the stats say.

There is no one better than the very opponents of a player for an assessment of abilities. I have not heard any single good bowler in the world ever say that Sachin is ordinary or below par. Alan Donald, Curtley Ambrose, Glenn McGrath, Shane Warne, Muralitharan, Shoaib Akhtar, Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Yunis....all great bowlers of this age hold Tendulkar as one of the most difficult batsman to bowl to.

CC, There is a danger of ponting finishing same tier as SRT. (ponting is a cheat, but we are talking batting. ponting catching up close to srt)
There are good batsmen around here. I am not worried about records. Dont forget that Ponting never faced the best bowling lineup of the world- Australia. Sachin did and gave us some unforgettable knocks.
CC, There is a danger of ponting finishing same tier as SRT. (ponting is a cheat, but we are talking batting. ponting catching up close to srt)
Ponting, no matter with what numbers he ends up with, will never be in the class of Lara and Tendulkar. Anyone who has watched and followed cricket closely during the 90s when bowling attacks around the world were in a different league will agree with the above statement. And reading some comments out here, it seems the people who accuse others of worshiping Tendulkar are the biggest worshipers with statements like "with his ability he should have done more" etc. etc.
And reading some comments out here, it seems the people who accuse others of worshiping Tendulkar are the biggest worshipers with statements like "with his ability he should have done more" etc. etc.
True. SRT is just another batsman to some but they expect the sky from him. :D And there are some who pretend to be Sachin bashers(but big closet SRT fans) and bash him in the hope that someone will defend SRT and smooth over whatever doubts they have of SRT. It's like a baccha asking his mummy "Main paas ho jaaonga? Please bolo main paas ho jaoonga na". :laugh:
Sachin is still the best ODI batsman of this era for mine but i am not so sure about tests Sachin's most valuable innings - http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/63660.html - http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/63794.html http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/63921.html http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/63535.html Some other good ones were his 122 against ENG, 169 against SA and 136 against PAK. Now if you look at these innings and compare it with some of Lara's finest and you would have to say that Lara has played a lot more valuable innings than SRT.
Even comparing with other Indian batsmen who are not rated as high as Tendulkar ,he falls short in contributing valuable innings . In my opinion Dravid and Laxman contributed more valuable innings in tests than Tendulkar .
True. SRT is just another batsman to some but they expect the sky from him. :D And there are some who pretend to be Sachin bashers(but big closet SRT fans) and bash him in the hope that someone will defend SRT and smooth over whatever doubts they have of SRT. It's like a baccha asking his mummy "Main paas ho jaaonga? Please bolo main paas ho jaoonga na". :laugh:
Nope ,he was/is not considered as just another batsman . He is considered as God and the greatest .:D