Aussie batsmen are in form..we need sehwag

I'm most afraid that Yuseless with his test average of 33 will head on the touring party there (given the selectors' love for him based off ODI form)' date=' while Sehwag will be left at home.[/quote'] That is good news. Steve waugh, Jayasuriya etc all averaged the same ..actually waugh a lot less after 19 tests. Yuvi is a class act.:two_thumbs_up:

Aussies fear Sehwag. It would be ridiculous to leave him out. They'll be laffing their a$$es off, if Jaffar is picked over Sehwag. Reminds me of the days, when Saffies were celebrating in their dressing room on the news of resting a young & express Srinath to accomodate Prabhakar & Kapil dev. There is no guarantee Sehwag will play well, but look at the upside with Jaffar. He wont get past 30s & 40s against Australia. Given his limited potential, I'll risk a hit or miss Sehwag

Bumper' date=' you grossly underrate Jaffer. This guy made a ton in WI, in RSA and 50s in England. He has looked very assured as an opener. He is also a very free flowing batsman who will enjoy the true nature of the Aussie pitches. I think he will do well.[/quote'] Jaffar is as much an FTB as Sehwag. Sehwag gives me much more upside than Jaffar. I dont expect Jaffar to do well against Australia in Australia. You cant win games Vs Australia by taking a cautious approach, going with a conservative pick such as Jaffar. We need atleast a couple of shock & awe type players. Sehwag is one.
Jaffar is as much an FTB as Sehwag. Sehwag gives me much more upside than Jaffar. I dont expect Jaffar to do well against Australia in Australia. You cant win games Vs Australia by taking a cautious approach' date=' going with a conservative pick such as Jaffar. We need atleast a couple of shock & awe type players. Sehwag is one.[/quote'] Harsh to brand Veeru as an FTB. His debut ton was on a difficult RSA track. Anyway, I agree that the pitfall of a cautious approach will spell doom against the Aussies. Like I said, WJ is a free flowing bat and given the true nature of the Aussie pitches, I can see him scoring runs at a fair clip(not as manic as Veeru though).

if jaffer...Dravid..Laxman..and Sachin..can hold on their own...then barring umpiring blunders..we can give aussies a stern fight this time around.. Umpiring is my major concern...we must preempt this hurdle.. BCCI is the most inefficient and greedy body among cricketing nation..they never care for their own players.. otherwise..BCCI could have brought technology in the game..or they could have done this in domestic matches.. bloody useless bums..

Even better... We should do fairly okay. We may end up losing 1-0 but at least 2 tests will be well fought. If we end up winning one of them then we go home 1-1. We need to bowl well, batting will come good. Of 8 innings, chances of we failing are 25% so two innings gone. But chances of we playing outstanding will be 25% so that takes away two innings. Now only if bowler could give us extra 25%, we have secured this series. Meaning not losing it 2-0 or 3-0.

Is this the silliest ICF topic heading of recent months ?? Aussie batsmen are in form..we need sehwag Read: Aussie batsmen are in form so .. we need a hopelessly out of form Sehwag. :hmmmm2: His last 8 Test innings: 0, 4, 4, 33, 0, 8, 40, 4 In his most recent 11 Tests, he has 13 innings of 11 or less - including 4 ducks, a two and 4 fours. Over those 11 Tests, if you take out his 1 century, he averages 19.47 Other than wishful thinking, why do you NEED Sehwag ?

I will bet my family's wealth that Sehwag will be in the team for the Aussie tour. No sane cricket-follower can ever leave out Sehwag from the touring party of a 4 test series against Aus. The team and the selectors recognize and respect his talent. Plus, he isnt looking in bad nick too , with the bat. Scored a couple of decent knocks in 20/20 and few respectable innings in ODIs too. The best thing that could happen to Sehwag right now is that one of our openers are rested for the 5th ODI, he opens and scores a 70-odd or something. A lot will depend on how the openers fare in the Pak series.
The selectors didnt choose him against Pakistan in the tests when he has had a terrific run against them so anything can happen