Hussey: 8 50s, 7 100s in 28 innings

Bumper

Tending to remain notout is evened out by the no. of times they get dismissed cheaply. Do this for me' date=' look at all the no. 6 & no. 7 batsmen around you & tell me how many have averaged 50+ like a Bevan or Hussey[/quote'] Bumper...yaar dont you know ODIs how they are played.... In ODIs after 40th over no one tries to take a wkt. It is all about stopping runs. That is the primary reason why he stays NO. There are no closing fielders around. Of 54 innings 23 times NO. Besides, he has Symonds, Clarke playing with him who play ahead of him an ease the tention of scoring faster as they all play good. Its a very good record but he wont go beyond 6-8 K runs.
Tending to remain notout is evened out by the no. of times they get dismissed cheaply. Do this for me' date=' look at all the no. 6 & no. 7 batsmen around you & tell me how many have averaged 50+ like a Bevan or Hussey[/quote'] Thank you! As a batsman batting in the last 10 overs, you're expected to take risks, throw the bat, innovate and make fast runs at the risk of your wicket. Those who fail to do it or bat for not-outs and their average it lose their place very quickly. Those who do it with some success manage to make runs while falling cheaply to high risk shots and slogs from time to time, which is the majority of guys like Yuvraj, Symonds, Silva and co. And then you have the rare few like Hussey who can not only pull those innings off on a fairly consistent basis, but do so with enough skill to keep batting through the innings and be as productive as possible. The man is brilliant.
BTW , this was the form "slump" of his , i was referring to, starting from a CB series match against Eng till the one-day series in NZ, which he captained and Aus lost 0-3 29,DNB,DNB,6,DNB, 8,17,6,42, 105. Thats essentially 9 innings with aq highest score of 42.
How do you come to that conclusion, mm ?? :hmmmm2: Do you not understand what DNB means ?

from cric Incidentally for those interested in the Bradman-Hussey debate. Bradman's average after 18 games was 112.29. Hussey's current average, in his 18th game, is 88.19. By the way Bradman's average after 26 Tests was 88.55 and he never dropped below 90 thereafter.

Id rate him behind Ponting and Kallis as the best batsman in the game today ... however even if his final test average is better than Bradmans he wont be classed as the greatest ever because of the easier batting conditions and the fact that Bradmans domestic average was something like 95 aswell whereas Husseys is 50 odd (still freakin great no Bradman) But yes ... Hussey is truly unbelievable ... My favourite player in the Aussie team and unlike some of his team mates (e.g. Symonds, Hayden, Ponting) he doesnt seem up-himself.