US Open - 2014

bones

Just came from NY. Having watched Djokovic practice closely and few of his games, especially the one at Louis armstrong, sitting court side, I can say Djokovic is a stronger contender for the finals. I want Federer to win off course, but he will have to put a top show. And those who are not even thinking about semi finals and just jumping towards final, WELL JUST GIVE SOME RESPECT TO CILIC AND NISHIKORI. Some of you might not have followed what all these two guys are doing. Cilic has looking really strong under the coach Ivanisevic. He looks strong built now and is serving probably best in the tournament, better than Roger or DJOKER. Nishikori has learned a thing or two under his new caoch Michael Chang. He played two back to back long 5 set games. One of them against Raonic ended at 3 am. He knows how to settle in and finish the games now. I think he will put up a good fight against Djoker. I want him to upset Djoker this time. But I really want to see Federer beat Djokovic in the final. That all said - NO DOUBT THAT THE BEST 4 PLAYERS OF THIS TOURNAMENT ARE IN THE SEMIS. No one played better tennis then these 4. One player who could have been slotted in the semi finals was Giles Simon. He looked CLASS until he broke down to Cilic in the pre quater final 5 set thriller.
O yea. As I said above

No one disputed Nadal's hold over Federer H2H. Raghav brought in Murray and Djo which is utter crap and anyone honest will acknowledge that. Nadal has had zero competition on clay where he has won most of his slams and probably would not even had a CGS had the Australian surface not changed to plexicushion. Got cakewalk draws in his 2 USOs along with a tired opponent in the final along with a cakewalk draw at Wimbledon 2010. Anyway who cares, the ATG peak Djokovic who is 2-2 vs grandpa Feddy this year and who would have won 5000 GS if not for Federer and Nadal has lost to slamless Nishikori. Some fans in mourning :haha:

No one disputed Nadal's hold over Federer H2H. Raghav brought in Murray and Djo which is utter crap and anyone honest will acknowledge that. Nadal has had zero competition on clay where he has won most of his slams and probably would not even had a CGS had the Australian surface not changed to plexicushion. Got cakewalk draws in his 2 USOs along with a tired opponent in the final along with a cakewalk draw at Wimbledon 2010.
Nadal played Djokovic in the final in those two US open. How is that a cakewalk. I know the next you would say Novak played 5 setters in the semi. That is par for the course. None of those matches were over 4 hours and he had a day off before the final. 35 year Agassi played 4 back to back 5 setters before playing the final in the 2005 final and still took Federer to 4 sets and he did not have a day off between semi and final. Now that is a cakewalk! Do you know when they changed it to plexicushion? 2008. How old was Nadal back then? 21. How many GS did Federer have at that age? So you don't consider Federer and Djokovic to be great clay court players? He won 8 out 9 FO tournaments after beating them.

Yes I know when they changed it. Now all sorts of excuses for Nadal :haha: Yes Djokovic with 0 French Opens is a great clay courter. Federer is now a great clay courter for Nadal fans when literally the entire Nadal brigade was screaming from the rooftops his only FO title was a fluke :hysterical: cue something about Masters or something now....of course WTF is still worthless. Grandpa Feddy might still get knocked over by but my God, the reactions all over the internet are priceless :hysterical: 2 sets of fans in mourning :haha: :dance:

Yes I know when they changed it. Now all sorts of excuses for Nadal :haha: Yes Djokovic with 0 French Opens is a great clay courter. Federer is now a great clay courter for Nadal fans when literally the entire Nadal brigade was screaming from the rooftops his only FO title was a fluke :hysterical: cue something about Masters or something now....of course WTF is still worthless. Grandpa Feddy might still get knocked over by but my God, the reactions all over the internet are priceless :hysterical: 2 sets of fans in mourning :haha: :dance:
You may laugh like a maniac but the truth is that Nadal has won 9 out of last 10 French Opens consistently beating Federer and Djokovic. His FO wins are not confined in 4 years. It is a decade long dominance beating all kinds of players. Djokovic was the favorite in this year's final and last years's semi. In 2012 Djokovic had beaten him 3 slams finals before and for most people he was the favorite. Of course you have no logical response to that other than :haha:

You may laugh like a maniac but the truth is that Nadal has won 9 out of last 10 French Opens consistently beating Federer and Djokovic. His FO wins are not confined in 4 years. It is a decade long dominance beating all kinds of players. Djokovic was the favorite in this year's final and last years's semi. In 2012 Djokovic had beaten him 3 slams finals before and for most people he was the favorite. Of course you have no logical response to that other than :haha:
What on earth are you on about? Any Nadal fan talking about logic is rich in itself. And what is this about number of years? This is arguably as bad as Raghav's diatribe and that is an achievement in itself. FO happens only once a year so obviously winning 9 FOs will take 9 years. Federer won 3 AOs, 4 USOs, 4 Wimbys in that 4 period. So what now, he needs to win 3 slams per year for 9 years now for it to be comparable? You can big up 2 blokes with a grand total of 1 FO between them when it suits your argument all you want but beating former USO Champions/AO Champions at those slams is meaningless and it means it was a weak era. This is pathetic double standards but everyone has come to expect such stuff from Nadal fanboys now.

What on earth are you on about? Any Nadal fan talking about logic is rich in itself. And what is this about number of years? This is arguably as bad as Raghav's diatribe and that is an achievement in itself. FO happens only once a year so obviously winning 9 FOs will take 9 years. Federer won 3 AOs, 4 USOs, 4 Wimbys in that 4 period. So what now, he needs to win 3 slams per year for 9 years now for it to be comparable? You can big up 2 blokes with a grand total of 1 FO between them when it suits your argument all you want but beating former USO Champions/AO Champions at those slams is meaningless and it means it was a weak era. This is pathetic double standards but everyone has come to expect such stuff from Nadal fanboys now.
Who do you think would have been a better competition for Nadal at French Open? Also you missed the point that without Nadal those 2 blokes would have won 5-6 FO. LOGIC fail--typical Fed fanboy!

Wow just wow Cilic absolutely thrashed Federer in one and half hours. Did not see this coming. Incredible tennis from Cilic. Federer played quite well himself. Cilic was at a whole different level. Who would have thought that the US open final would be Nishikori vs Cilic! :hysterical::hysterical:

This reminded me of Del Potro's semi against Nadal in the 2009 final. The biggest losers would be CBS. Their last US open match as next year it would be on ESPN and it would be a rating disaster. For tennis it was a great day. :P
Also a Monday final does not help. I am happy though. Espy and tennis channel will do a much better job for a sports event.

Also a Monday final does not help. I am happy though. Espy and tennis channel will do a much better job for a sports event.
Absolutely. It has been Monday finals since 2009 I think. From next year it will be completely on ESPN (no tennis channel too). Also ESPN forced them to scrap the super Saturday BS. So it will be usual Friday-Sunday finish weather permitting. ESPN does a much better job than regular network TV, I am very happy too.

What an unbelievable day. Of all the days I've been watching tennis, this is the only one where I feel joy and sadness. Joy that two guys are ready to dislodge the big ones from the top, they're not young, Kei and Marin are old for first time finalists. Will be interesting to watch as we will see two different style of players. It could on paper be as exciting as the Djokovic - Fed matches, but who knows.

Wow..woke up to some biggest surprises. Chang and ivanisevic defeat blue eyed boys of tennis edberg and Becker. Most unbelievable line up for finals. First time since AO 2005 (that is 10 years) that none of Federer, nadal and djokovic is in finals. Definitely end of an era. Good for tennis though.