Yuvraj Singh should play for Punjab Ranji Team

^ Precisely he can make twice the money, and avoid the risk of a couple of bad innings in the 4-day format (which could throw him back a bit). He has taken the safe option of sitting in the sheds as 12th man and scoring 60s and 70s in ODIs with the field spread. I would have a lot of respect for Yuvraj if he took a pay-cut, went off to play for Punjab and scored some big centuries and made a real statement to the selectors. It would sure as hell make me eat my words. Somehow I think FIGJAM is comfortable where he is ... sitting on his arse, earning twice as much money and hearing everyone say how he must be in the test side.

I don't really understand nor like this constant pilloring of Yuvi. It's not like he's complaining to the media about his non inclusion. Why so much dislike for him? He is our best ODI and T20 bat now and is one incumbents' failure away from a deserved test berth. If anyone deserves a middle order spot, it is him and I back him to score and score big against Pak and maybe even OZ.

Agree with both train of thoughts here. He's next in line because he deserves to be so. But it did irk me seeing the camera pan in on him on an hourly basis in the last test. He'd be better off scoring runs for Punjab, rather than having one big circle jerk with the Pakistani players on the sidelines, whilst Ramiz Raja gently molests himself in the commentary box at the thought of Yuvraj bending over during his next fielding stint.

Agree with both train of thoughts here. He's next in line because he deserves to be so. But it did irk me seeing the camera pan in on him on an hourly basis in the last test. He'd be better off scoring runs for Punjab, rather than having one big circle jerk with the Pakistani players on the sidelines, whilst Ramiz Raja gently molests himself in the commentary box at the thought of Yuvraj bending over during his next fielding stint.
Aye, he is getting too much attention but let's face facts - his mere presence is enough to force Gangulaaay and Laxman to give that extra 10% whenever they bat. He has kept those two on their toes because they know that they can't afford a single failure as long as he remains in the test squad. India benefits either way

The Indian team has decided to release Yuvraj Singh to play in the Ranji Trophy match between Punjab and Bengal starting on Saturday. Yuvraj, who is a part of the squad for the ongoing three-match Test series between India and Pakistan hasn't been able to find a place for himself in the playing XI, both in first Test match in Delhi and now in the ongoing game in Kolkata. Yuvraj will now go to Siliguri to play for Punjab against Bengal in a four-day Ranji trophy Elite group tie. He will be leaving from Kolkata for the match late today. Yuvraj, who is in great form, was the 12th man in the first Test at Ferozeshah Kotla Test, and has been left out in the second Test as well at the Eden Gardens in order to retain the winning combination.

I would have a lot of respect for Yuvraj if he took a pay-cut, went off to play for Punjab and scored some big centuries and made a real statement to the selectors.
So it seems that Yuvraj is too concerned to earn the respect of Bharat here: Yuvraj to play Ranji match against Bengal Kolkata (PTI): Yuvraj Singh, who failed to find a place in the Indian team in the ongoing cricket Test series against Pakistan, was on Friday allowed for playing Ranji Trophy matches for Punjab, BCCI sources said. Yuvraj will be seen playing against Bengal at Siliguri in the four-day elite group match which will begin from Saturday. Yuvraj, who was the 12th man in the first Test at Feroze Shah Kotla Test, was left out in the second Test at the Eden Gardens here too as the team management retained the winning squad. ----------------------------------------------- So, Bose and Paul, here comes Yuvraj. Let us see what he does in the 4 day game!!:thumbs_up: